Tranmere fan in peace!! Help needed for a great cause. (1 Viewer)

Ninja Nevin

Hello!

Fans of Coventry City, I need your help!! On the 15th of September hopefully loads of your away following will be coming up to Prenton Park for our league game.

Sadly on this date, I will be skipping this game as a group of us are running 40 miles for a charity called Scotty’s Little Soldiers, we help the children of fallen members of the armed forces that never returned home from Iraq or Afghanistan. There are going to be 7 of us running, some Tranmere fans, Liverpool fans and a single Blackburn fan… he is going to getsome stick!

Now the reason I’m looking for some help, two of the lads that are running are doing it for the memory of the mate who was killed in June, Cpl Michael Thacker lived in Coventry and went to games while he was on leave. Michael has left behind his wife and 3 year old daughter. You may have seen that Browns Bar in Coventry refused to serve some of the lads that were carrying his coffin, one of which is doing the run.

By pure chance the fixture of Tranmere V Coventry has fallen on the day we start out stupidly long run. I have managed to get the two pubs next to the ground to support our run and they have agreed to let us do a collection for Scotty’s Little Soldiers before the game… for those of you who know Prenton Park the bars are the Clipper and the Prenton Park (both are away fan friendly)

I hope to get Tranmere and Coventry fans doing the collection together in each of the pubs, I already have some Sky blue fans coming up early to help out, but could do with one or two more if possible? It would be ace if your away support can get behind the collection and help out the kids who’s dad didn’t march home.

Cheers and good luck with your season, you seem to have a decent team and a ex rover as manager..... although he doesn't seem to be everyones man for the job on here!!

Admin.. sorry if I have put this in the wrong section!!

Last edited:

Seamus1

Best of luck with the run, a very worthy cause indeed.

Will be sure to visit your justgiving page

ray carlyon

Sure all city fans will give genrously lad called steve gaut is a man from cov to get in touch with aka froggy
Hello!

Fans of Coventry City, I need your help!! On the 15th of September hopefully loads of your away following will be coming up to Prenton Park for our league game.

Sadly on this date, I will be skipping this game as a group of us are running 40 miles for a charity called Scotty’s Little Soldiers, we help the children of fallen members of the armed forces that never returned home from Iraq or Afghanistan. There are going to be 7 of us running, some Tranmere fans, Liverpool fans and a single Blackburn fan… he is going to getsome stick!

Now the reason I’m looking for some help, two of the lads that are running are doing it for the memory of the mate who was killed in June, Cpl Michael Thacker lived in Coventry and went to games while he was on leave. Michael has left behind his wife and 3 year old daughter. You may have seen that Browns Bar in Coventry refused to serve some of the lads that were carrying his coffin, one of which is doing the run.

By pure chance the fixture of Tranmere V Coventry has fallen on the day we start out stupidly long run. I have managed to get the two pubs next to the ground to support our run and they have agreed to let us do a collection for Scotty’s Little Soldiers before the game… for those of you who know Prenton Park the bars are the Clipper and the Prenton Park (both are away fan friendly)

I hope to get Tranmere and Coventry fans doing the collection together in each of the pubs, I already have some Sky blue fans coming up early to help out, but could do with one or two more if possible? It would be ace if your away support can get behind the collection and help out the kids who’s dad didn’t march home.

Cheers and good luck with your season, you seem to have a decent team and a ex rover as manager..... although he doesn't seem to be everyones man for the job on here!!

Admin.. sorry if I have put this in the wrong section!!

covkid

Good luck with the run and the collection . Im sure those fallen heros will thank you too once you have had your time down here .

Ninja Nevin

Sorry to go on folks, but a friend of mine in Coventry has asked me to make you aware of a different event a bit closer to home for you!

If you not making your way to Crewe next weekend and fancy a bit of egg chasing, there is a Armed Forces Day at Coventry Rugby Club and all the money from the gate is going to Scotty's Little Soldiers. If you fancy it then it's at the Butt Park Arena at 3 o'clock.

Think they have loads of stuff going on, and the lads from the Royal Welsh regiment will be there, this was the regiment of Cpl Thacker.

It's £13 entry, under 16's are free with an adult and if your in the armed forces then it's free.

Fingers crossed you can show you support.
404156_359003734176502_1686773472_n.jpg ... sorry can't seem to make this any bigger!

Users who are viewing this thread