Trains at the Ricoh (1 Viewer)

Ashdown

Now I'm not sure of the latest situation or legalities concerning health and safety etc with the station but yesterday my wife and I elected to take the train over to Coventry from Hinckley to have a day in the City and watch Coventry rugby play at home against Fylde. We were on the two carriage train { 150 capacity I think approx. } and it was heavily populated with Wasps supporters. This was around 12.30 ish and they had a 1 pm kick off. I would say maybe 80 people got off at the Arena stop ?! Now although there was nothing dangerous or untoward in this, I thought there was a ruling that trains would not stop at least one hour before and one hour after a major sporting event or...............is this now overlooked for rugby matches ? Has it been dropping off City fans too ?

theferret

Now I'm not sure of the latest situation or legalities concerning health and safety etc with the station but yesterday my wife and I elected to take the train over to Coventry from Hinckley to have a day in the City and watch Coventry rugby play at home against Fylde. We were on the two carriage train { 150 capacity I think approx. } and it was heavily populated with Wasps supporters. This was around 12.30 ish and they had a 1 pm kick off. I would say maybe 80 people got off at the Arena stop ?! Now although there was nothing dangerous or untoward in this, I thought there was a ruling that trains would not stop at least one hour before and one hour after a major sporting event or...............is this now overlooked for rugby matches ? Has it been dropping off City fans too ?

To be fair, I've seen trains stop and load up after city games also. I think the one hour suspension of services is no longer happening, although the offical line is that it is.

oucho

Ah OK, well common sense prevailed then really ! Bit strange to see Wasps fans actually in action, wearing all their gear and boarding at Nuneaton and Bedworth and getting off at OUR stadium ! Proud to have been wearing the Blue and White of the real Cov team though !
It's their stadium now and has never been ours in all the years we have played there. But hey ho.

Warwickhunt

Cost to much to train at the RICOH

CJ_covblaze

It's always ran before kickoff. Takes around 8 minutes from Cov and leaves at 40 minutes past the hour. It's a hour after full time where it's not supposed to run although it has on the odd occasion after both CCFC and Wasps games. Two of the members of our board are currently liaising with the relevant people to improve things on the trains and buses.

If you come into Cov Station there is nothing that tells you how to get to the Ricoh. Whilst we're on the subject it's the same for the Transport Museum, Herbert, Butts, Skydome, Universities, Brandon, etc. If you asked someone for directions that works there you'd still be struggling. Not hard to put up a notice board!

shmmeee

It's always ran before kickoff. Takes around 8 minutes from Cov and leaves at 40 minutes past the hour. It's a hour after full time where it's not supposed to run although it has on the odd occasion after both CCFC and Wasps games. Two of the members of our board are currently liaising with the relevant people to improve things on the trains and buses.

If you come into Cov Station there is nothing that tells you how to get to the Ricoh. Whilst we're on the subject it's the same for the Transport Museum, Herbert, Butts, Skydome, Universities, Brandon, etc. If you asked someone for directions that works there you'd still be struggling. Not hard to put up a notice board!

Be fair, Cov Station is in the middle of redevelopment and there are info screens all around town.

D

Deleted member 2477

I wouldnt worry about it we wont be at the ricoh in 18 months. Theres plently of buses that will get you to the memorial park with the other 100 fans

Users who are viewing this thread