Tough Times Ahead (1 Viewer)

thekidfromstrettoncamp

I'm not sure it would finish SISU off, they'll only cut the budget to match whatever funds the club generates. They've done that before
Suppose they could load the club with more debt and charge a crippling interest rate as usual sooner rather than later we will be in the same state as Wasps we have very little in assets and plenty of debt ,by the way if the owners went down where would season ticket holder stand in the queue?

SeaSeeEffCee

One of the more frustrating aspects of the postponements is it’s three of our easiest home games of the season that we’re going to miss. Would have been good for momentum to play them early as our run of games coming up from now on is tough.

steve cooper

I wouldn't get too despondent yet, the point at Sunderland is looking like quite a good result now.
Millwall are quite fancied by the bookies and are the type of team we usually struggle against. Yesterday's result feels worse than it should because we were 2 up and cruising, but I think we got things badly wrong yesterday by going all out first half and not saving some energy for later in the game, considering the heat. But for a mistake and a stupid performance by Hamer it could have been different.
I'm confident we won't be in relegation trouble.

Londonccfcfan

We currently have no pitch
We have signed 4 players, 3 of whom that have no experience at this level
We are still leaking goals
We have no income from player sales or match day revenue
This season could be a car crash
Lol glass half empty brigade loving this.

no_loyalty

Not going well is it, we are now in the bottom three 😉.

long way home

Either MR knows more than he is letting on or he is the most patient manager in football. The summer recruiting has been very poor, we have essentially signed 4 U23 players who are not ready, with another older player that looks like he needs months not weeks to be close to making an impact.

Its early doors but any momentum we thought we had has gone. We need to build again, but time is not on our side and with the pitch as it is just makes the dark cloud over us heavier.

Last edited:

Gint11

Had quite a bit of enthusiasm for this season but of course in a typical Coventry way it’s looking like a dumpster fire of a season could be ahead. For once it’s not even our own doing. Sure, on the pitch we’re still making the same mistakes and haven’t recruited amazingly but I was still optimistic that we could push on and thanks to the shithole wasps it looks like a season of off the field bullshit is back.

Giving away a 2 goal lead was out doing!

Paxman II

Ahh the downers are in force with giant speculation. How we are financially worse off asthe op suggested is puzzling. The same games still have to be played, and when rearranged should be at the CBS. Did we lose out on a bumper crowd opening game at CBS? yes probably but when we get back there the interest is going to be peaking again and a bumper crowd expected. The only downside is if we have a bad start to the season and lose some momentum or have posponed games to catch up on. Always prefer points i the bag rather than games in hand. But who knows? In the heat we have not played as many games, injuries are getting resolved and it could all end up a blessing in disguise. It's really how we deal with it.
The pitch will be fixed. It's absurd to think it's unsafe. Should we cancel all park pitched then? Come on it's not that difficult to relay parts of the pitch and have it playable in a couple of weeks. The rest is pure politics.

procdoc

Ahh the downers are in force with giant speculation. How we are financially worse off asthe op suggested is puzzling. The same games still have to be played, and when rearranged should be at the CBS. Did we lose out on a bumper crowd opening game at CBS? yes probably but when we get back there the interest is going to be peaking again and a bumper crowd expected. The only downside is if we have a bad start to the season and lose some momentum or have posponed games to catch up on. Always prefer points i the bag rather than games in hand. But who knows? In the heat we have not played as many games, injuries are getting resolved and it could all end up a blessing in disguise. It's really how we deal with it.
The pitch will be fixed. It's absurd to think it's unsafe. Should we cancel all park pitched then? Come on it's not that difficult to relay parts of the pitch and have it playable in a couple of weeks. The rest is pure politics.
Where’s the money coming from to make us financially sustainable?

iflynno

Understand what you're saying but you need both sides to agree on the best way forward.

Not sure pitch will just magically fix itself in a really poor state. Even if we can get it playable it will quickly deteriorate.

Neither side seems willing to fund a complete new pitch being relayed.

It's easy to say just play and get on with it but there's so much politics going on it won't be as easy.

Dominic H

I honestly believe MR will turn things around. He isn't a quitter, knows his stuff and I believe he really loves and believes in this club.
⅓ way into the season, we will be flying! Take it from me! 😉

He can start turning things around by making subs earlier instead of waiting until we Throw a game away

SlowerThanPlatt

Fair play Pax nothing gets you down

Sick Boy

To be fair, it was only a few weeks ago that you said we wouldn’t fall out of the top 2 or top 6 all season.

Great_Expectations

Yesterday was a frustrating result and the pitch situation is beyond a joke.

But we’re two games into the season, we’ve drawn one, lost one - not great but could be worse. Especially as the game we lost was due to stupid errors; it wasn’t like we were outplayed or looking like a poor side - that would be more worrying.

We’ve kept hold of a team which will only have improved after another year in the championship and improved JCS with Panzo.

The pitch situation is now a game being played out that we can’t control, but we have to have some faith common sense prevails on all sides and it gets re-laid.

On the pitch, I expect us to step up next weekend and start out winning ways - we’ll suddenly all feel a lot less down when that happens.

I agree re summer recruitment, but mainly as Palmer being this far off the pace is embarrassing, especially as he can be a good player for us and we desperately need at 10.

Ashdown

It’s has been a disastrous couple of weeks for sure after so much positivity pre season. Should have won yesterday though and feel we still have a half decent team . So gutted by the fucking sharks behind Wasps and SISU that have such influence over our well-being as a club.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

I've worked out why everything's gone to shit! It's the TV highlights package!

Literally a week after Quest won the rights to host it we played in the L2 play-offs and won. Colin Murray was always nice to us and it was uphill all the way.

Until the last few weeks when despite a lot of pre-season optimism pretty much out of nowhere the pitch has been fucked and we're postponing games or moving them elsewhere. One of our best players got injured so we can neither play him or sell him to improve the squad.

What's that coincided with? The highlights moving to ITV. A company that we've not had the best of relationships since the days of "fuck Gary Newbon and fuck ITV"

Andreas Trolf on Twitter: https://t.co/8sIJN1rxcG / Twitter 320 × 240

MalcSB

I like 13000 other people put our money UPFRONT to see 23 games played at CBS Stadium if that cannot be achieved the club will be well short of cash. I feei there will be a long queue behind me demanding a refund might just finish SISU.
It won’t finish Sisu, it would probably finish CCFC

slowpoke

Could one of the 13000 take legal action against the landlord, if they won any compensation could be multiplied 13000 times.

NorthernWisdom

Could one of the 13000 take legal action against the landlord, if they won any compensation could be multiplied 13000 times.
Your contract is with ccfc, so you'd have to sue them.

The club could, after losing your action, sue Wasps, but if they have no money, they don't get it back. Meanwhile you're out of pocket taking legal action.

thekidfromstrettoncamp

It won’t finish Sisu, it would probably finish CCFC
Think it might finish their interest in owning us if they have to payout refunds.They just don't like paying out money be it to fund MR (whom I think could leave because of the current situation ) or rent when they liquidated to stop the council the money owed. I just hate the way they treat everyone.They enter court action which they never win( try talking). I just dispise the way they work .It's their way or nothing. It is only MR doing so well that has kept fans off their back.Rant over back to the darkened room.

Users who are viewing this thread