TOTALLY DRAINED - Chelsea Were Awesome (1 Viewer)

Sorry not a CCFC thread but surely worthy of recognition having watched Chelsea achieve the absolute impossible task of beating Barca to go through to the final of the Champions League even with 10 men.

The game had everything that makes football the "Beautiful Game" - drama, passion, excitement - the pace was relentless.

What an advert for the game we all love, rearguard Chelsea defence v relentless attacking by Barca - missed penalty, ball hitting post, breakaway goals a game worthy of being one of the best of recent times.

With gems like this it takes away, momentarily of course, some of the "problems" surrounding CCFC.

PUSB

Somerset Sky Blue

Wonder if this is how it will be with our relentless attacking against Southampton's rearguard live on the BBC this weekend?

People will soon wonder how we got relegated!

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Sorry not a CCFC thread but surely worthy of recognition having watched Chelsea achieve the absolute impossible task of beating Barca to go through to the final of the Champions League even with 10 men.PUSB

Yep, you're right it's not a CCFC thread. Should have been put under "Football & other Sports"

kepit 2 yusen

Lady luck was on their side although they did get to grips with Barca attack. Personally I can't stand Chelsea and their prima donnas. Terry is a cheating (in more ways than one) tosser who knows no depths to get what he wants- if not a footballer, would be some sort of London backstreet pimp type of twat. He paints english football in a bad light and should never again be england captain. Drogba is going to get an Oscar one of these days, never a better actor. With his diving skills he should wear a snorkel on the pitch ! Lampard is Lampard, say no more. Cole is a just a cock, end of. They may have had a result but they have no class and no doubt the London boys will be bleating for decades to come. I was personally hoping for a Barca win !
I would point out that I would love it if our lads had a tenth of their success ! One day !!

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Wanted SOOOOO much to see Chelski get stuffed! Drogba is such a cheating twat, he should be banned, Terry is just scum and Torres is a total wanker!! As for the rest of the team....... :whistle:

stnomskyblue

I know I am risking getting a pasting from my fellow sky blues fans, but come on. Wtf. I also hate Chelski. Yes, Terry is not a nice person and Drogba is a diving prick. But that dick Fabregas showed him how it was really done for the pen :facepalm:
As I said, I dont like Chelski, but I have got to admire what I saw last night. Fabulous performance. Besides, I put money on Madrid at the start of the season, so am very glad that Barca are out and that Chelski have half their team banned or injured :whistle:

skybluelee

How can you be drained watching a team you don't support?! Utter nonsense! Who gives a f*** if Chelsea or Barcelona win the CL? Other than Chelsea or Barcelona fans. FFS!

How can you be drained watching a team you don't support?! Utter nonsense! Who gives a f*** if Chelsea or Barcelona win the CL? Other than Chelsea or Barcelona fans. FFS!

Cannot understand your rant - you don't have to support a club or indeed a player not to appreciate that the game last night was one of the best for some considerable time as a mission impossible and an advert of all that is good about the game of football.

Football is unique as a spectacle with end to end excitement, breakaway goals, fortress defending all at breakneck speed compared to other sporting events..

So SBL it's not "utter nonsense" to respect what other clubs other than your own achieve but to appreciate greatness whilst it manifests itself before your very eyes

Does your logic mean that our unbelievable 1987 FA Cup success was ignored as one of the best finals ever by 99% of football loving fans because it was not their club ???. or that George Best was crap because he didn't play for CCFC ???

Give credit where its due SBL as do the vast majority of football fans and accept the moments in time when through state of the art media we can watch gems like Barca v Chelsea unfold before our very eyes and witness a truly great occasion.

PUSB

Darth Robins

Probably one of the best games I've ever seen, and certainly contained the best reaction to a goal from a commentator I've ever heard:
[video=youtube;tk3pMnb23i4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tk3pMnb23i4[/video]

You've got to wonder how that would have played out if Terry didn't get sent off, going down to 10 men often galvanises a team, it was incredibly stupid of him but in a way he may have helped them out there a bit.

CCFC Germany

Don't agree.
Chelsea entrenched themselves for 85 mins with 10 / 9 men in their own penalty area.
It was a really horrible match to watch.
The better team dropped out, but that night Barca simply were not good enough.
I think it's going to be really tough for Chelsea against Munich, but as I don't like either one of them, I do not care too much about the final.

smileycov

Facebook User
How is your "local" team doing? Are St Pauli still your main threat for promotion?

CCFC Germany

How is your "local" team doing? Are St Pauli still your main threat for promotion?

They are.
Currently the top of the table looks like this :

Bildschirmfoto 2012-04-26 um 11.50.35.jpg

Fuerth + Frankfurt through already, automatic promotion, third place would be promotion playoffs, probably against arch enemy Cologne, one of the biggest rivalries in German football.
That would be like a do or die match between Cov + Villa.

Thanks for asking + cheers
We play Fuerth away in Sunday and Duisburg at home in the final match at home.

smileycov

Facebook User
Fuerth away...not good then. Do you think you will do it or will the "nutters of St Pauli" pip you?
Will you go to colonge match if it happens. Maybe wack some MMS up on here, be good to see someone having fun lol

CCFC Germany

Fuerth away...not good then. Do you think you will do it or will the "nutters of St Pauli" pip you?
Will you go to colonge match if it happens. Maybe wack some MMS up on here, be good to see someone having fun lol

I'll keep it short, as I do not want to be too offtopic-1.gif

It surely will be tough as I expect us to lose in Fuerth and draw at home against Duisburg.
Of course I'd go to cologe, game of the century ! :D
But I expect "civil war" there... :D

Users who are viewing this thread