Tony Andreu (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
Just seen that as well, it reads as if he doesn't mind resting Kelly to let him recover properly either because Bayliss is more attacking:

Asked about whether the returning fitness of defensive central midfielder Liam Kelly (who started alongside Michael Doyle at MK Dons after injury but did not play on Tuesday) presented a difficult conundrum with the option of moving the more attacking Tom Bayliss to the right again, Robins said: “You look at what chances there are to win the game and personnel comes into it. There are times for changes. It’s that old saying, horses for courses. There are different styles of play.

INTERVIEW: Coventry City boss Mark Robins welcomes fresh faces and returns to fitness for promotion push

It's a shame about Andreu though, would have been interesting to see him play a lot more as you could tell he had a bit about him but was just building up match fitness. Then he got injured stretching for a ball he didn't need to as well :(

torchomatic

Just seen that as well, it reads as if he doesn't mind resting Kelly to let him recover properly either because Bayliss is more attacking:

INTERVIEW: Coventry City boss Mark Robins welcomes fresh faces and returns to fitness for promotion push

It's a shame about Andreu though, would have been interesting to see him play a lot more as you could tell he had a bit about him but was just building up match fitness. Then he got injured stretching for a ball he didn't need to as well :(

His goal against Shrewsbury was brilliant. He would've scored a good few for us this season, I reckon.

fernandopartridge

He'll hopefully be like a new signing for us next season, hopefully in League 1

Terry Gibson's perm

Reading it he doesn’t seem to have given up on super Kyel Reid either

Nick

Administrator
He'll hopefully be like a new signing for us next season, hopefully in League 1

Would be interesting to see have seen how we fared without losing him and Jones this season as well. Hopefully it won't make too much of a difference and we get promoted anyway and see it in League One.

covcity4life

awesome news all around. especially kyel reid. a proper winger on his day and you can be sure if he plays for us this season its down to him working his ass off as robins wouldnt let him otherwise

its like 4 new signings to me

The Great Eastern

Hope, next January, that we're all frothing out at the prospect of losing him to a higher leagued team due to his fantastic performances in the first 5 months of the season...

smileycov

Facebook User
If he's on the grass does that mean we might see him before the season is out?
what does it actually mean "on the grass" ? Is it running, stretching or light jogging. Obviously its a good sign just wondered how good that is or is it not possible to tell?

Brylowes

Have to be careful with ACL injuries
It looks like Zlatan came back too soon from his
But it seems his return to fitness will more or less coincide with the end of the season,
Which should give him plenty of time in the summer to work on his own fitness, then
Hopefully join preseason raring to go.
As FP says could well be like a new signing for us next season 'a good one at that.

Otis

awesome news all around. especially kyel reid. a proper winger on his day and you can be sure if he plays for us this season its down to him working his ass off as robins wouldnt let him otherwise

its like 4 new signings to me
Well, yep. If Reid gets picked, IS consistent, then it has to be hats off and a big pat on the back for Mark Robins.

The whole problem with Reid has been that he only turns it on about 1 game in 6.

We all know he has the skill and it's just the application that is lacking.

Adge

what does it actually mean "on the grass" ? Is it running, stretching or light jogging. Obviously its a good sign just wondered how good that is or is it not possible to tell?
It means he hasn’t moved on to the harder stuff just yet.

Mucca Mad Boys

His goal against Shrewsbury was brilliant. He would've scored a good few for us this season, I reckon.

Him being injured for so long has dented our promotion chances, without a doubt. The one thing this team has needed is goals from midfield. Jones and Andreu, I reckon would get between 15-20 goals between them. He’s also played with both JCH and McNulty.

However, I do think him being injured has probably opened the door for Bayliss because he’d be that attacking option in centre midfield. We seen him line up with Doyle the odd time in a 4-4-2 I think.

Nick

Administrator
Had forgotten about that goal

The amount of times we have got it in that position and played it wide or back to Doyle is shocking.

robbiethemole

purely medicinal.... helps all sorts of muscle pains / strains and numbs the body. (so I've been told)

skybluetony176

Still gutted about Tony’s injuries. I thought he was a really exciting signing (all Tony’s are awesome, it’s a well known fact). The only positive I can take from it is that when he does come back it should be like having another signing. Said when we signed him I’d have been excited if we’d signed him in league one so if everything goes to plan he’ll be fit and playing in league one next season for us. Think he’ll look better in league one than two as well, given that the football is marginally better in league one it will suit his game more.

Limey

In terms of ligament damage does anyone know how bad a tear Andreu and Jones have/had? Aren't they graded or something? Heres hoping both are able to come back to same level as before.

Users who are viewing this thread