Tommy Hutchison's Birthday (1 Viewer)

Irish Sky Blue

Tommy Hutchison 73 today. Is he our best ever player ? What a signing he was and was a fans favourite and club legend. Loved it when he'd beat a defender, and go back and do it again !
So our greatest ever player, got to be up there. ⚽️
He is the best Coventry player that I have ever seen. Luckily for us we had him in the era before freedom of movement.

RegTheDonk

He was the one person I recall of that eara (I was still in primary school) that lit the crowd up by just receiving the ball. My worse memory of Hutch was sitting with my dad, who was fairy well pissed up, shouting "show us some magic Tommy" and nearly falling over his seat.

Happy birthday Hutch.

andrew.roberts

He used to help us training when I played for President Kennedy's, must have been in the late seventies. Nutmegged him in a game and he was none to happy about it for a few seconds... All in all a lovely bloke and a fine player

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

tommydazzle

Naturally the best..

got a photo somewhere of when I met the great Hutch, Willie Carr, Bill Glazier and Jimmy Hill.

Grendel

He is the best Coventry player that I have ever seen. Luckily for us we had him in the era before freedom of movement.

He was from a bygone era. Modern coaches would take a lot out of players like him - the likes of him Currie and Bowles were maverick footballers. He was focussed on attack and that was him. The most successful season of course was when Graydon played on the other wing. Total contrasts as players but a perfect match

Grendel

Lots of old familiar faces in this cli. It’s funny to see David Cross. I remember going to Norwich when he played for them. He tried an overhead kick, hit himself in the face and ended up with a bloody nose. We made fun of him for the rest of the game. We signed him a week later

I remember his overhead kick on the goal line at Upton Park that stopped us going to Wembley

Users who are viewing this thread