Tom Eaves Set To Sign? (1 Viewer)

ccfcway

injured for an entire year.

77 games in 5 years, he needs a decent run in a team to see how he goes. That team could well be us. Twitter reporting a fee of £50k

RoboCCFC90

I saw this earlier, one thing I missed though was:

"The striker has another year to run at the Reebok Stadium."

So unless Bolton want to get rid of him on the cheap we will be paying some sort of fee.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fernandopartridge

No doubt the Telegraph will call him a 'starlet' as they tend to do anybody under the age of 25.

Signing eaves will really raise the roof. There was me thinking we were picking players out of the gutter. No doubt that the usual moaners will slate the signing.

ccfcway

No doubt the Telegraph will call him a 'starlet' as they tend to do anybody under the age of 25.

Signing eaves will really raise the roof. There was me thinking we were picking players out of the gutter. No doubt that the usual moaners will slate the signing.

he played 34 games at our level last season and scored 3 goals.

He may come good.....but "raise the roof" ?

torchomatic

McGoldrick.

ccfcway

McGoldrick.

many of his games were played at a higher level. Tom Eaves played in our league last season.

I'm not saying its not worth a punt, I am just saying he scored 3 in 34 in out league last year, is it really a "roof raiser" ?

torchomatic

And I'm simply saying "you don't know". Neither do I, of course.

But as John Lennon once sang "Give Eaves A Chance".

many of his games were played at a higher level. Tom Eaves played in our league last season.

I'm not saying its not worth a punt, I am just saying he scored 3 in 34 in out league last year, is it really a "roof raiser" ?

torchomatic

torchomatic

Nick

Administrator
Did he have longish hair for Shrewsbury? If I remember if it was him when we played them he seemed to fake an injury to want to come off? (could be wrong)

Hobo

Buying wingers and a 6' 5" striker, is a picture emerging...might be a different style to last year!

BigadamL

Little bit soon to slate him, maybe we could have a little less conversation and a little more action please

woody11462

Did he have longish hair for Shrewsbury? If I remember if it was him when we played them he seemed to fake an injury to want to come off? (could be wrong)

He did have longer hair so you could be thinking of the same one.

RoboCCFC90

He did have longer hair so you could be thinking of the same one.

Missed a glaring header in the second half if memory serves me right?

Hobo

Missed a glaring header in the second half if memory serves me right?

Leon Clarke missed as many as he scored at that level.
I think Eaves is worth a punt at 50 thousand. We were short on height at corners last year defensive and attacking. Depends how disruptive he can be in the box? What is his hold up play like? How many knock downs for others? It is not all about putting the ball in the net. Depends what else he can bring to the table?

RoboCCFC90

I think Eaves is worth a punt at 50 thousand. We were short on height at corners last year defensive and attacking. Depends how disruptive he can be in the box? What is his hold up play like? How many knock downs for others? It is not all about putting the ball in the net. Depends what else he can bring to the table?

Don't get me wrong I couldn't agree more, however as Nick was trying to jog his memory of Tom Eaves I thought I'd lend a hand.

I am sure Tom Eaves would be worth the chance at our Club, from what I have seen of him personally he reminds me of Alex Revell who was linked with us last season, in the fact that he maybe a big chap but he puts a shift in and can get in right positions to convert, given that he has the service.

Rich

WHOOSH straight over the head.

woody11462

My Bolton suporting mate, who is a season ticket holder, states he is a bit of a lump up front with a poor first touch but bearing in mind he had hardly played for them I take that opinion with a pinch of salt. He also states that the fans are pissed off with Owen Coyle bearing in mind they spent 1 million on him and he is rumoured to be giong for a fraction of that. He had a very good six months at Shrewsbury 2 seasons ago, I think he is worth it at that price.

Users who are viewing this thread