Tom Davies (1 Viewer)

Mark Robbins has wanted to change things - mix things up. I feel Tom Davis is pretty much underrated. I would love to see him in a defensive midfield / Midfield role. Quite a few times this season I have watched him spray the ball left and right 30 or so yards and have thought "wow" . I feel he is underated..great centre half but think he could be so much better in midfield...wand of a foot and would provide extra defensive cover. Anyway always interested in what other s,Ky blues think but would really love to see how he would do in this role.

Speedies_Chips

Mark Robbins has wanted to change things - mix things up. I feel Tom Davis is pretty much underrated. I would love to see him in a defensive midfield / Midfield role. Quite a few times this season I have watched him spray the ball left and right 30 or so yards and have thought "wow" . I feel he is underated..great centre half but think he could be so much better in midfield...wand of a foot and would provide extra defensive cover. Anyway always interested in what other s,Ky blues think but would really love to see how he would do in this role.

Sorry, but no way is he a potential midfield player. It's all very well spraying balls out from the back under little pressure, but you can't do that from midfield, especially if you never really played there. He is a good defender, but I don't think he has the speed or guile to step up into midfield.
We are going to need him to remain a good and improving defender.

Skybluefaz

Hi Tom
giphy.gif

GaryMabbuttsLeftKnee

I really like Tom Davies, but would go as far as saying I’d probably rather see Doyle there, and that’s saying something.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Esoterica

Aside from the Wycombe game at home where he did play half a dozen excellent diagonal passes I don't think his distribution is that great. The one player in the squad who is probably slower than Doyle too and with a bigger turning circle - defensively he is all over the place when the ball goes in behind him. A great backs to the wall defender which makes him stand out but not so great when you want to be taking the game to the opposition. Been our only threat from corners this season though. Bottom half of L1 is his level as a defender and never a midfielder in a million years.

rob9872

Dom Hyam is the one you might move into that deep lying midfield role. Much more comfortable on the ball. Still wouldn't though.
Absolutely agree with that. Willis has pace, Davies raw aggression and Hyam more composed. The best attributes of all 3 a world class player but the fact they don't possess all is why we have them. It's like a poor mans version of Stones (Hyam) Terry (Davies) and Ferdinand (Willis)

steve82

He’s a traditional defender all day long, or a emergency target man for the last mins of a Cup game nothing more.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ajsccfc

I've seen us play enough centre forwards as wingers over the years to be content with people just sticking with their usual positions.

Terry_dactyl

I've seen us play enough centre forwards as wingers over the years to be content with people just sticking with their usual positions.
I remember peter billing playing on the wing once so I call this progress.
Davies is no midfielder.

Magwitch

I would definitely give Hyam a shot in midfield, sometimes answers to positions can lie near at home. Hyam s a good player comfortable with the ball, he might surprise us.

stupot07

The Thought of any of our centre halves playing centre mid *shudders*.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Our 3 centre backs are generally some of our best players. It's a shame really.

As much as I detest the formation, I wouldn't mind seeing all 3 of them play and then have wing backs.

clint van damme

surely the obvious cover for Kelly is Ogogo, isn't that the position he was brought to the club to play?
About time he started earning his wages.

vow

You sure you're not getting him mixed up with Dom Hyam m8?

Users who are viewing this thread