Today's performance (1 Viewer)

Paxman II

They look like they have lost the will to live half the time. They have lost the team ethic and seem to play as individuals. Doyle is a big miss I have to say as he commanded respect from them all and was clearly the gel holding things together. He was dropped and now claimed to be injured? I think the squad is at loggerheads. JCH gets a game every week and others can't get in the team. Players are unhappy. The way we play does not suit so many of them. We are not playing to their strengths. The few wins we had on the bounce were scrappy affairs and did indeed mask some issues. I think MR's is a good manager, has a decent squad at this level for us but he does lack initiative with his subs. Does he have a dressing room problem? Do SISU and the serious threat of folding affecting the players? Uncertainty breeds a lack of will and the January window is close. Do players want away? Regardless of all this the players must take a long hard look at themselves because they are under-performing. I'd have them back in training tomorrow and Xmas Eve if I was the manager. The performances are unacceptable.

oucho

How many more threads are we going to do questioning whether the ground situation is affecting the players? We won 5 in a row knowing that the lease expires in May and that Wasps said they didn't want to negotiate until the legals are called off. As Mrs May likes to say "nothing has changed".

Paxman II

How many more threads are we going to do questioning whether the ground situation is affecting the players? We won 5 in a row knowing that the lease expires in May and that Wasps said they didn't want to negotiate until the legals are called off. As Mrs May likes to say "nothing has changed".

It has changed. Time is running out and SISU's recent transience and insistence on appealing yet again has now put serious doubt on us having a deal to play at the Ricoh. WASP do not need us there to survive and it's looking like SISU's gambling with the dice may bite us all on the bum. The players have a short career and I suspect some want away in January. Yes the situation has changed...it's become more urgent.

Nick

Administrator
It has changed. Time is running out and SISU's recent transience and insistence on appealing yet again has now put serious doubt on us having a deal to play at the Ricoh. WASP do not need us there to survive and it's looking like SISU's gambling with the dice may bite us all on the bum. The players have a short career and I suspect some want away in January. Yes the situation has changed...it's become more urgent.

It hasn't changed. We have been just as poor before, it was masked with a few wins.

The players will just go and get new clubs.

Paxman II

Our form has Absolutely nothing to do with the ground situation.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

In my op I have highlight a number of issues not just the Ricoh. But to follow up on your opinion, if your company was at risk of going out of business and your job was therefore on the line, would that affect you or would you carry on regardless like a happy swan?

oucho

So.....nothing's changed then.

letsallsingtogether

In my op I have highlight a number of issues not just the Ricoh. But to follow up on your opinion, if your company was at risk of going out of business and your job was therefore on the line, would that affect you or would you carry on regardless like a happy swan?
I have been in that situation 3 times, it is not good.
Productively definatly goes down people are quieter and more mistakes are made.

stupot07

It is no different to this time from last season and were winning games and on the promotion charge.

The reason we're struggling is that we don't score goals and are continuing to play negatively.

We will not go bust, a deal will be sorted. Football is completely different to a 'normal' business. Players have come here knowing exactly what the situation is, its been well documented.

Sky Blue Harry H

I like what MR has said on CWR - but as we all know, actions (performances) speak louder than words.

Paxman II

It is no different to this time from last season and were winning games and on the promotion charge.

The reason we're struggling is that we don't score goals and are continuing to play negatively.

We will not go bust, a deal will be sorted. Football is completely different to a 'normal' business. Players have come here knowing exactly what the situation is, its been well documented.

I don't accept that premise Stupot. These are young lads who dream of bigger things and may see some of those hopes at risk. As for a deal to be done for the Ricoh, it is seriously in question.
i never mentioned going bust? We could simply fold or go into admin to suit SISU as a last resort. Effectively we could very well be homeless and the golden share available with no stadium. Yes it really could be the scenario as extremely unlikely it sounds. But again that's just one influence that may be a part of why the team spirit has vanished. MR's just said they are not talking to each other.
That translates into an underlying issue. It has to stop.

chiefdave

These players that want away have decided the best way to attract attention from other clubs is to play like they've never seen a football before?

If I wanted away I'd be doing everything I could to put myself in the shop window so another club makes a move when the window opens.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

It hasn't changed. We have been just as poor before, it was masked with a few wins.

The players will just go and get new clubs.
If we are hovering above the relegation zone with half a dozen games to go and it becomes clear that there will be no Ricoh deal and we are in grave danger of being kicked out of the football league you see whether that makes a difference.

steve82

If we are hovering above the relegation zone with half a dozen games to go and it becomes clear that there will be no Ricoh deal and we are in grave danger of being kicked out of the football league you see whether that makes a difference.

We’re 21 points from safety on average, think preference needs to be get them ASAP.

I do fear a very turbulent few months and hostile environment at games as we get closer to February and March with no deal announced. January window could accelerate that with lack of creditable activity

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Nick

Administrator
Will see if we are still playing one isolated up front at one nil down as well.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

Really Nick? Who the hell would want JCH? Half the squad would not secure another club.
On that performance today every aspect of Shrewsbury's play was better than ours, even down to the basics of fitness and desire.
JCH has that swagger of an arrogant showman who spends a lot of time admiring what's in the mirror and thinks he's championship standard when he wouldn't even make Shrewsbury's substitute bench.

LilleSkyBlue

I struggle to believe the off-field worries really affect the players. If they're any good they'll just go somewhere else, as about 10-12 of them will probably do anyway most summers.

No, I put our slump down to two factors: a season-long problem - lack of good strikers; and a circumstantial one - the EFL Trophy defeat to Cheltenham.

First, none of our strikers has shown or is showing any sign of being a 10-15 goal-a-season (for argument's sake) man. I think this was largely predictable until we signed Chaplin, hence the clamour to get him in, but has remained the case as Chaplin continues to disappoint.

Second, losing to Walsall in the FA Cup may have been frustrating, but by all accounts was at least the result of a proper cup tie and a spirited performance. Oh well. But Robins really screwed up in the quest of giving game time to kids in the Cheltenham tie. As bad a City performance as I've ever seen and out of another cup in the space of four days. There, you worried the wrong attitude had been shown; the wrong message sent. 'We're okay lads, let's fuck this one off', or words to that effect. Bakayoko was abysmal in that match.

The cruel blow I think was the Walsall game and our needless self-sacrifice in stoppage time. The fact it was the softest of penalties only underlines the fact that you can't fool about with fortune - every match must be played to be won.

There's my musings hammered out into a thread.

Greggs

Team spirit was demolished post season, still strange how many players he signed. Pressure on squeaky robins

pusbccfc

I struggle to believe the off-field worries really affect the players. If they're any good they'll just go somewhere else, as about 10-12 of them will probably do anyway most summers.

No, I put our slump down to two factors: a season-long problem - lack of good strikers; and a circumstantial one - the EFL Trophy defeat to Cheltenham.

First, none of our strikers has shown or is showing any sign of being a 10-15 goal-a-season (for argument's sake) man. I think this was largely predictable until we signed Chaplin, hence the clamour to get him in, but has remained the case as Chaplin continues to disappoint.

Second, losing to Walsall in the FA Cup may have been frustrating, but by all accounts was at least the result of a proper cup tie and a spirited performance. Oh well. But Robins really screwed up in the quest of giving game time to kids in the Cheltenham tie. As bad a City performance as I've ever seen and out of another cup in the space of four days. There, you worried the wrong attitude had been shown; the wrong message sent. 'We're okay lads, let's fuck this one off', or words to that effect. Bakayoko was abysmal in that match.

The cruel blow I think was the Walsall game and our needless self-sacrifice in stoppage time. The fact it was the softest of penalties only underlines the fact that you can't fool about with fortune - every match must be played to be won.

The mess over the past couple of months has highlighted the stupid decision to field weakened teams in all 3 Cup competitions.

If I'm right in saying... We have played 5 games in cup competitions? We lost 4 and drew 1 against Forest Green?

LilleSkyBlue

Team spirit was demolished post season, still strange how many players he signed. Pressure on squeaky robins

Yeah, had forgotten about the shock of having an unnecessarily rebuilt side foisted on us in that roiling heat against Scunthorpe

Nick

Administrator
The mess over the past couple of months has highlighted the stupid decision to field weakened teams in all 3 Cup competitions.

If I'm right in saying... We have played 5 games in cup competitions? We lost 4 and drew 1 against Forest Green?
I said at the time it was a mistake and we should have tried to keep the winning mentality but people said it didn't matter and we had just won X games. It was stupid :(

Super Graham Withey

You omitted to mention we're playing in a higher division his season. It makes a big difference. Remember we only finished 7th in League Two last season.

The Lurker

Our form has Absolutely nothing to do with the ground situation.

bit of coincidence since the latest court case and statements from all parties it’s gone downhill. plenty has changed and the off the field dramas are having effect. even the sun dream team Facebook page released a video about it. since the news broke that all parties are in deadlock again our performances have dropped. you have to be naive to think otherwise

Nick

Administrator
bit of coincidence since the latest court case and statements from all parties it’s gone downhill. plenty has changed and the off the field dramas are having effect. even the sun dream team Facebook page released a video about it. since the news broke that all parties are in deadlock again our performances have dropped. you have to be naive to think otherwise
It was going down hill before that. Thats the thing, it's not a sudden issue.

Users who are viewing this thread