Todays council meeting will be held in public (1 Viewer)

Kingokings204

Seems like ccfc and rugby club are in the deal if not directly.

I hate the fact wasps are going to get the Ricoh but what are the ccc meant to do if they don't? Sisu don't want to buy it so I struggle to see it.

Limey

What a farce. Until this is signed I hope the people of Coventry don't accept this lying down.

Nick

Administrator
but it is understood the final vote and discussions on the subject will be held behind closed doors due to “commercial confidentiality”.

So it isn't in public then is it?

J

Jack Griffin

So it isn't in public then is it?

Not entirely, but at least there will be a statement of some sort preceding the nitty gritty..

and we have this too..
“The leader of the council has made it clear to officers throughout negotiations that any deal that would change ownership of ACL must provide good financial value and return for Coventry taxpayers and support Coventry City Football Club and Coventry Rugby Club achieve a stable and sustainable future.

But that is words, more detail will have to come out soon.. whatever the detail I doubt it will change many point of view on the matter.

Last edited by a moderator:

RFC

Shame CCC couldn't have informed those members (& suppoters) who would have wished to attend but have to travel some distance.

IMHO they've acted in a disgraceful and secretive manor (not for the first time I might add), should hang their heads in shame.

Along with so many other ludicrous decisions, they are not fit for purpose.

I hope they're all able to sleep at night!

Monners

Shame CCC couldn't have informed those members (& suppoters) who would have wished to attend but have to travel some distance.

IMHO they've acted in a disgraceful and secretive manor (not for the first time I might add), should hang their heads in shame.

Yeah, but it's their manor afterall!

Astute

Just like Joy sleeps very well at night after taking our club as low as this.

ccfcway

Just back SP and the boys

JimmyHillsbeard

Live Council webcast not working... it seems meeting is delayed.

Item 3 of agenda entitled "Exclusion of the Press and Public"

Ricoh sale due to be discussed under "Asset Review" under private business.

italiahorse

We only need one person there to tweet it out.
Usually these meetings only allow officials from the floor to contribute so you couldn't contribute if you were there (Well not constructively)

L

limoncello

Live Council webcast not working... it seems meeting is delayed.

Item 3 of agenda entitled "Exclusion of the Press and Public"

Ricoh sale due to be discussed under "Asset Review" under private business.

"Webcast has concluded"

Hmm

JimmyHillsbeard

Here we go. The "£113m Ricoh Arena" "part of the City's fabric" to be sold to London Wasps Holdings - both quotes from AL

JimmyHillsbeard

"RA belongs to the people of Coventry" 3 deal breakers 1) ensure regeneration 2) ensure CCFC continue to play at RA 3) ensure CovRFC not disadvantaged in any way

Nick

Administrator
Oh, £130 million stadium now.

3,500 jobs, are there really that many people working at the stadium?

Nick

Administrator
Lucas: "Wasps RFC are committed to making the Ricoh Arena one of Europe's finest arenas."
BREAKING: Tories will be supporting it!

duffer

Tories are 'strongly minded' to support resolution.

Lot's of chat about sports development, completely ignoring the fact that Wasps will not be allowed to move their Academy or training facilities away from London if they are to stay within the RFU restrictions... so they can pretend not to be moving out of London.

So far all Councillors in support of selling to Wasps it seems.

Nick

Administrator
After "initial reservations", the Conservatives believe assurances that Coventry City FC and Coventry RFC can continue to grow. "There will be considerable benefit to rugby as a whole in the city," they say.

Nick

Administrator
Councillors spent SEVEN hours being briefed on the Wasps proposed takeover yesterday - and the Council have an “obligation” to explain they decision making to its tax payers, they say.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Tories will support Wasps bid for Ricoh. Takeover will be unanimously approved during vote.

I hate CCC, I hate ACL, I hate SISU, I hate Northampton, I hate Ann Lucas, I hate Wasps, I hate the Ricoh Arena, I hate Rugby and I hate Football.

Lot of hate there.

chiefdave

completely ignoring the fact that Wasps will not be allowed to move their Academy or training facilities away from London if they are to stay within the RFU restrictions... so they can pretend not to be moving out of London.

I can't see that being kept in place permanently, eventually the RFU will quietly drop that requirement I'd imagine.

Users who are viewing this thread