To all parents out there. Warning: This thread contains explicit content! (1 Viewer)

Otis

Okay,

Just wondering if I am sadly out of touch or am rightly perturbed here.

My daughter is 10. She has recently gone on Instagram. Very easy to police and I can see everything she is doing, so no problem there. My daughter is also quite naive for her age.

Anyway, bottom line, is all her classmates have been posting up pictures of their presents on Instagram and 3 10 year old girls have said they have got The Inbetweeners and the Inbetweeners 2 on DVD as gifts.

I was very shocked. I have seen the first one and do remember it being a 15 cert and quite graphic. I understand the 2nd one is more so.

Here is the parental guide from IMDB for Inbetweeners 1.

Sex and Nudity rating: 9/10

A lot crude sex references, both visualand mentioned in the dialogue. Dialogue is crass and explicit.

A teenager masturbates while a woman on a webcam talks sexually to him, he is seen completely nude covering his genitals.

The four main characters all wear shirts that say "Pussay Patrol", and have images of cats with giant erect penises on the front.

A teenager is having sex with a much older woman, you hear minor noises but its only really confirmed by the teenager talking about it briefly.

A teenager is seen fingering (not explicitly) an older woman. Played for laughs.

A boy pulls a teenager's pants down and his genitals are seen in explicit detail for quite a bit.

A male erotic dancer strips and is then implied to perform fellatio on himself. Very explicit scene with full frontal nudity.

Characters are shown undressing in order to swim naked in the sea - the shots are from behind.

A character gropes a girls naked breast. (shown for about 2 seconds). The breasts are exposed but not too clear as the scene is dark.

A girl and a boy are shown "dry humping" each other- both are fully clothed.

A teenager is made to sell his clothes, and is bullied into selling what he is wearing; he covers his genitals with his hands. A hint of genitals can be seen.

Graphic male frontal nudity and a lot of crass dialogue.

Profanity 7/10

2 uses of "c**t"; one used as a harsh comment towards a character, and the other is used straight after by another character, denying the first comment ("she's not a c**t!").

3 "c**t"s in the uncut blu-ray, the two mentioned above and a more harsh, aggressive one. In the dvd, James says 'You're not fucking alright anywhere you scrawny little shit'. In the blu-ray version he says ' You're not fucking alright anywhere you scrawny little c**t'.

'Fuck' and 'Shit' are used almost 100 times each, used from the beginning on to the end constantly.

Frequent uses of strong obscenities, including: "dick", "twat", "pussy", "wanker", "bastard", "minge", "muff", "cock", "wank", "dickhead", "arsehole", "tits", "clunge", "bitch", and "gash" are all used, among others.

Milder language is infrequent; "damn", "hell", "bumhole" and "arse".

All done for comedy and is done in necessary places it is not said with out a reason.

And here is Inbetweeners 2

Sex and Nudity 10/10

Frequent crude verbal references to oral and anal sex, erections, masturbation, and semen.

After explaining a sex move called the "All In One", one of the main characters demonstrates a move in which he humps a woman once then gets out of bed. Nothing is shown.

Various women are implied to be performing oral sex under a bed sheet. Nothing is shown.

One of the main character's testicles is seen dangling as he plays pool in a short skirt.

A dog licks the same previously mentioned character's testicles. Very graphic scene.

One character talks about the number of dog penises a person can fit in their mouth.

One character is said to have gotten an erection when a female dog in heat rubbed her vagina against his leg and some of her fluids dipped down him. It is unclear whether this is true or not.

A main character puts his hand where another main character has masturbated, and therefore has semen on his hand. Not graphic, more implied.

A picture of a topless woman is painted on the front of the car that the four main characters drive around in.

An older woman begins to strip. No nudity is shown.

A main character and a girl begin to have sex when they are interrupted by another main character masturbating to the sight of it under bed sheets. After this, the girl guides the guy's hand down her shorts and he begins to move his arm up and down (implying fingering). He is interrupted by another character.

Various male characters are seen shirtless at a Water Park.

Two main characters go swimming in the kids pool at a Water Park in order to find another character when one of them mentions that the other is a paedophile, and then pushes him onto a small boy. His head lands between the boys legs, making it look like he is performing oral sex on him.

Two characters are seen having sex. Not very graphic, they are in the background of the scene, thrusting up and down and moaning loudly.

A main character creates a penis shape out of stones in a desert.

The main characters discuss one of them urinating or masturbating into their mouths to survive the heat of a desert. Eventually we see the character mentioned urinate onto another character's tongue before urinating on his face.

Two characters are seen french kissing. Very detailed scene.

A group of Thai ladyboys are seen sitting around a table with the main characters, the camera pans underneath the table, showing their penises. Very graphic scene.

Profanity 10/10

Over 100 uses of "Fuck", Two uses of "c**t", as well as many other milder profanities such as "Shit" "Bastard" "Twat" "Prick" "Piss" "Wank" "Bitch" "Knob".

Now I'm no prude and I have a reasonably liberal view on what my daughter can and cannot see. Usually I watch everything first and then deem it suitable or not, but there is no way I would let her watch either of these 2 films.

She is in Year 6 and in the next term they are getting their sex education classes.

Have to say I am shocked at any parent who would let their 10 year old daughter watch any film with the above sort of content.

Would just like to gauge everyone elses thoughts on this and would like to know what you would and would not and did and did not let your children watch.

Obviously what I think will happen now, is that while I will never let my daughter watch this at her age, this will all be the talk of the playground and both films will be described in gory detail.

Would very much appreciate other people's views and I think getting a male perspective in relation to a feamle daughter here is quite important.

So ..........

Last edited:

Nick

Administrator
I don't think Inbetweeners is very good for 10 years, not most because they wouldn't actually get many of the jokes so not sure why they would want it?

I have let my daughter see the dance scene on youtube, but on mute but that is it!

Grendel

Your 10 year shouldn't be watching it. I won't let my 14 year old watch it.

Otis

I don't think Inbetweeners is very good for 10 years, not most because they wouldn't actually get many of the jokes so not sure why they would want it?

Maybe because of the explicitness?

What parent would buy these films for a 10 yera old girl?

Otis

Your 10 year shouldn't be watching it. I won't let my 14 year old watch it.

And she won't Grendel. No way I will let her watch either of these, but if other 10 year olds in her class and watching them then you can be bound sure my daughter will get to hear about all the content of the 2 movies.

stupot07

It is certainly not appropriate for a 10 year old. The sexual jokes, reference's etc are too explicit for a 10 year old, and I'm not sure I would want my 13 year old niece watching it either. They just wouldn't get the jokes or understand the context of them. I can only presume their parents haven't actually watched it or research it....unless they are not particularly good parents...

In fact I don't think my other half would like it, she's not a big fan or sex and nudity in films nor over use of profanities..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Last edited:

Otis

Even the non expletive stuff, I just dont think they would get it anyway.

My daughter wouldn't for sure, she's very naive.

Her best friend though talked the other day of wanting to run her hands all over the arse of some actor from a film though and that was a 12 certificate.

That might just be nothing of course and I know she hasn't seen either of the 2 films mentioned above either.

Nick

Administrator
Although I wouldn't say a bloke with his top off is that offensive! (in that list).

Some people nowadays seem to let their kids do / watch anything. I see it all the time at the school / parties and hear what some of the other 5 or 6 year olds are saying.

One is hearing a little kid say "fuck off bitch" to his mum, my daughter thankfully doesn't know what any of those words mean and gets told off if she says "stupid".

Otis

Although I wouldn't say a bloke with his top off is that offensive! (in that list).

Some people nowadays seem to let their kids do / watch anything. I see it all the time at the school / parties and hear what some of the other 5 or 6 year olds are saying.

One is hearing a little kid say "fuck off bitch" to his mum, my daughter thankfully doesn't know what any of those words mean and gets told off if she says "stupid".

It's not, Nick, the parents guide though just lists everything as a matter of course.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
I love the Inbetweeners - seen all series and both films, but as Otis says, are they acceptable for a 10 year old? Absolutely not! It is adult humour, aimed at adults. I don't think anyone under 15 should watch these - and believe me, I'm no prude!

Otis

I love the Inbetweeners - seen all series and both films, but as Otis says, are they acceptable for a 10 year old? Absolutely not! It is adult humour, aimed at adults. I don't think anyone under 15 should watch these - and believe me, I'm no prude!

Really, Houch? :eek::eek: I had absolutely no idea whatsoever. ;)

Sky_Blue_Daz

My daughters friend is 10 and she has a you tube channel
Bloody ridiculous

rob9872

No way I would let my daughter watch it (only 7 now, but not at 10 either) although I think some of you are naive not just the kids. If watching this is the most taboo thing they are doing, I think id let it slide and be reasonably happy with your parenting - particularly those at 13/14 who say similar and will be far more knowing than you or I were at their age. Imo responsible parenting is as much about letting them view this should they choose to (not at 10) safe on the knowledge that you have brought them up to understand right from wrong and allow them to firm their own opinions based on what they've seen. That said, no right and wrong in parenting, we are all different. As long as you're always there to pick up the pieces, we will all make mistakes and they will hopefully learn from theirs.

mrtrench

I am constantly surprised by what some parents allow their children to watch. One parent I know let her two boys aged 8 and 10 watch horror films. IMO this is a symptom of the new underclass in British society & by emotionally damaging them at such a young age it more or less guarantees the next generation of the underclass.

By underclass I mean the people who typically live off benefits, drink far too much, smoke, shoplift, show precious little love or care to their children, don't value education and don't care a fig for anyone else (all of these things - I'm not saying anyone who smokes is one). We don't have a working class per se any more: children born to working class parents were given education and either went from Universities into professional jobs or became small business owners. These people continue to hold values and bring their children up with love.

Some of these traits are shared with the arrogant class too - by which I mean the people who seem to hold no morals and yet hold down very well paid jobs. Typically many of these work in Sales, Banking, drive 4x4s, have little or no respect for others... Again not all people who drive a 4x4s, work in banking etc. are like this - but some are.

mrtrench

Post script. The 8 year old boy is now 20. He gets completely drunk often and gets into fights. He is now awaiting the judge's sentence for how long he will be in prison. The ten year old is holding down a job albeit living in a dirty house without self-pride. but then he had the advantage of being brought up by Granny for many of his formative years.

turlykerd

kids should be aloud to be kids... its all too soon were in the real world of grown up land, and paying to watch city :(

buying a kid a movie like this is, quite frankly ridiculous as all of the humour is sexual and graphic too.

i think the parent who would buy these films for 10 year old girls are the kind of parents that would teach them "fuck" as a first word, because they find it funny
and also get a hard on if there child gets in trouble at school, and goes in to "sort the teachers out" , but then turns there back as she gets pregnant at 13,

then again, its families like this that keeps Jeremy kyle in work !

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
You tell it like it is Kurley Turd! :claping hands:

Seaside-Skyblue

I don't have any children but my niece is 11 and I certainly wouldn't let her see this in my company. She has already picked things up from other school children which she may repeat, however out of context. It still shocks me and l let her understand that the particular word (regardless of her perceived meaning) should not be said. You are definitely not out of touch. I think what frightens me is the exposure and accessibility of these films and technology to children these days.

Otis

Thanks for all the responses.

Out of curiosity I posted this same thing on a Facebook group that is predominately frequented by mothers (about 99% of the group are women), just to guage their opinion too.

I got about 200 replies, 199 of which said the same thing, that no way on this earth would they ever let their 10 year old watch such a film as this. The other one said she wouldn't buy the films for her daughter, but it wouldn't bother her too much if her daughter watched them.

I do think the context of the film has quite a big bearing too of course. With the Inbetweeners the story is all about teenage boys on a quest for sex and alcohol. It's not that sex features in the story, that is the story.

Just noticed this morning that two of the 3 girls in this saga posted last night that they were celebrating their 50th sleepover together. Guessing that is when they are watching such material.

Maybe I am missing something on the sleepover front too, cos my daughter has only had about 6 sleepovers in total I think. Might sound a little mean, but I always try and vet the parents and the families first before I allow them. Some parents appear to be decidedly dodgy, so we always make our excuse and turn down the offer, not that she has had that many offers anyway to be honest.

Joelly

I watched it when i was 15 when it was on series 2 i think. Younger brother was 13 and then when the final series came out we watched them with our parents as they both find it funny.

10 is too young but just a bit of advice from someone whos a lot younger there were so many kids in school with parents who censored alot into their teenage years and those kids were the ones who seriously fucked up and ended up becoming complete messes.

Younger brother is on the verge of getting into goldsmiths and im a second year uni student so as long as your kid isnt a bellend the inbetweeners shouldnt be too bad for them once they reach 13ish

Otis

I watched it when i was 15 when it was on series 2 i think. Younger brother was 13 and then when the final series came out we watched them with our parents as they both find it funny.

10 is too young but just a bit of advice from someone whos a lot younger there were so many kids in school with parents who censored alot into their teenage years and those kids were the ones who seriously fucked up and ended up becoming complete messes.

Younger brother is on the verge of getting into goldsmiths and im a second year uni student so as long as your kid isnt a bellend the inbetweeners shouldnt be too bad for them once they reach 13ish

Yep, I would tend to agree. By 13 my little un will have had sex education at school and pretty much be in the know anyway. Don't think I would have too much problem with her watching a 15 cert film such as this when she gets into her teens.

lordsummerisle

Thanks for all the responses.

Out of curiosity I posted this same thing on a Facebook group that is predominately frequented by mothers (about 99% of the group are women), just to guage their opinion too.

You're using the Inbetweeners movies to groom MILFS.

Well played Otis, well played.

Users who are viewing this thread