TM's Appeal... (1 Viewer)

afan4life

Maybe I am old fashioned but I think if he was spending more time looking for players as our squad is too small to start the campaign and less time doing Sisu's marketing the ST sales would look after themselves

lifeskyblue

Couple more quality signings, including a proven goalscorer and we'll hit that target.

A goal scorer or two on the books will generate enough interest to take us over the target. I think people are waiting. So far the signings of Ricketts and Vincelot look to have significantly strengthened the squad. Supporters are now looking for that goal scoring magic before parting with the cash

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sterling Archer

Maybe I am old fashioned but I think if he was spending more time looking for players as our squad is too small to start the campaign and less time doing Sisu's marketing the ST sales would look after themselves

What an odd thing to say. You really think that article took time away from Mowbray, with which in the same time he would've signed someone?

"Tony, quick word for the website?"
"Sorry pal, these 2 minutes will make all the difference in signing someone."

Odd. Very odd.

ajsccfc

If you were spending more time researching disease than writing that post we'd have cured cancer by now.

Nick

Administrator
I wouldn't call it old fashioned...

afan4life

What an odd thing to say. You really think that article took time away from Mowbray, with which in the same time he would've signed someone?

Odd. Very odd.

afan4life

Odd. Very odd.

someone's tired

just commented on Sisu's marketing technique really

Clive Bleakin

TM is an employee of the club/SISU...what do folk expect him to say or do?!

Part of his role is to drum up interest...hence his interviews/comments in the CT and on the offal.

Now, if he started serving behind the counter at our new 'megastore', then, yes, perhaps I'd be a little surprised...

rupert_bear

"Players in the pipeline" ? The most significant statement in that article still 3 weeks to go before the big kick-off and i suspect a number of newbies in that time probably the back end of this month so contracts start August a mixture of loans and signings, might generate a few ST sales but anther 1000 ? i doubt that, the consequences of Northampton and how the club was run in recent years has created much apathy. Match by match basis for me at least initially.

H

Huckerby

If the monthly payment plan was in place we'd have that many sold already.
I wonder why they haven't done this. Is it because it's costly to set up, or because they want the money up front. Genuine question

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Ashdown

Chicken and egg Tony my old mucka, at the moment as it stands you are asking folk to commit to watching 23 matches of basically the same team that couldn't score or win many matches last season, especially at home and only escaped relegation on the last day. As others say, more evidence of a competitive squad will sell the tickets on their own.

Hobo

Chicken and egg Tony my old mucka, at the moment as it stands you are asking folk to commit to watching 23 matches of basically the same team that couldn't score or win many matches last season, especially at home and only escaped relegation on the last day. As others say, more evidence of a competitive squad will sell the tickets on their own.

No harm in TM asking though.
i just want fans to give TM time to progress the club, the right players are not just dropping off trees...he wants the right skill level but also right attitude.
TM might also have to have patience about getting the fans bums back on seats.

Covkid1968#

I wonder why they haven't done this. Is it because it's costly to set up, or because they want the money up front. Genuine question

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

The club do not have a consumer credit license - I dont even think they have applied for one

Covstu

Personally i think its great he is having the interaction from this level upwards so cannot disagree with it. Only negative is the statement around getting the buzz back into the ricoh, our insect overlords have to get in there somehow dont they!!!

Sterling Archer

I just can't get my head around people making a link between a few Tony Mowbray comments to a conspiracy where he's doing SISU's marketing for them.

This place really does bring out the best in people.

Gotta love a bit of SISU conspiracy. Especially when it's not actually required as they're a shower of bastards in broad daylight most of the time.

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

I can't blame anyone based on last season that hasn't renewed I was very close not to only the reduction in price that convinced me!

H

Huckerby

I just can't get my head around people making a link between a few Tony Mowbray comments to a conspiracy where he's doing SISU's marketing for them.

This place really does bring out the best in people.

Gotta love a bit of SISU conspiracy. Especially when it's not actually required as they're a shower of bastards in broad daylight most of the time.

Exactly. It amazes me how much effort people put into twisting things to make SISU look bad, when they do it perfectly well on their own! It's cringey

chiefdave

Exactly. It amazes me how much effort people put into twisting things to make SISU look bad, when they do it perfectly well on their own! It's cringey

Its not like there isn't plenty of things that have done to moan at them about - no need to make up more things!

Sick Boy

Odd. Very odd.

It seems that a section of our support support the club to criticise it.

fernandopartridge

Sorry Cov fans but you need to grasp the following:As the protests over Sixfields pointed out, fans are the lifeblood of the club. As such without the fans support the club is nothing. SISU aren't investing (lending) the club any more money and can't really due to FFP. Therefore, to improve the squad relies on revenue. It can be generated through fans support or can be generated through selling players.

armybike

The club do not have a consumer credit license - I dont even think they have applied for one

They've applied for a CCL and are currently awaiting news in relation to their application.

shy_tall_knight

Sorry Cov fans but you need to grasp the following:As the protests over Sixfields pointed out, fans are the lifeblood of the club. As such without the fans support the club is nothing. SISU aren't investing (lending) the club any more money and can't really due to FFP. Therefore, to improve the squad relies on revenue. It can be generated through fans support or can be generated through selling players.

SISU could have invested the Callum wilson money in the team but chose not to, SISU chose to go to Sixfields who knows the long term cost of that move. They have turned us into a smaller club than we were when they took over and if the low uptake of cheap ST has shown anything is that the club has seemed to have lost even more fans. I haven't got the answers but SISU are part of the problem and we won't move forward under them.

H

Huckerby

those that twist are also council lovers.

no coincidence.

Ah yes, sorry, forgot to categorise those people into one of the only two categories of people in the whole world.

SISU lovers, or Council lovers, right?

Users who are viewing this thread