Time to do it at home! (1 Viewer)

oakey

Fantastic run of form under MR. I think we all agree a great job is being done ... Also those that travel away deserve the current success for their loyalty and infinite patience.
One thing missing though. At least half of our fans who are season ticket holders or regulars at home matches have not seen us play well yet. OK we were good against Walsall and in patches in other games but not really convincing yet.
Can the 60% of fans I'm talking about now be treated to the same as the away fans have seen, please?

Sky_Blue_Vickie

We really need to do something about the atmosphere at home. I know the ground is only half full but there must be more we can do.

The players have commented a number of times about how they feel when they run out away from home and hear and see the sky blue army. It seems that support has been acting like a twelfth man and really driving the team on away from home.

Unfortunately at home it is not the same. I took a friend up to the preston game and he commented about how quiet the crowd were and why they weren't getting behind the team and trying to push them on when preston were clearly getting back into the game.

Many have said that it is up to the team to provide performances to get the fans back and to encourage vocal support. On their current run think the players have met their end of the bargain - now all that can need to be getting up to the ricoh and getting behind the team.

Let's all sing together (not just a few blocks) and really encourage team on so that our home form starts to match our away.

PUSB

Swanny80

Couldn't agree more

You speak a lot of sense sky blue Vickie. The difference vocal support makes is massive

PUSB

DukeOfCov

We really need to do something about the atmosphere at home. I know the ground is only half full but there must be more we can do.

The players have commented a number of times about how they feel when they run out away from home and hear and see the sky blue army. It seems that support has been acting like a twelfth man and really driving the team on away from home.

Unfortunately at home it is not the same. I took a friend up to the preston game and he commented about how quiet the crowd were and why they weren't getting behind the team and trying to push them on when preston were clearly getting back into the game.

Many have said that it is up to the team to provide performances to get the fans back and to encourage vocal support. On their current run think the players have met their end of the bargain - now all that can need to be getting up to the ricoh and getting behind the team.

Let's all sing together (not just a few blocks) and really encourage team on so that our home form starts to match our away.

PUSB
We could always blank off the 'upper tier' all the way round - like yesterday at MK!

kepit 2 yusen

Couldn't agree more, like many on here I'm a season ticket holder and have only missed 4 away games this season. I'm convinced that the results away are partly due to the lift that the crowd continuously gives the team. It's a fantastic atmosphere away and for some reason can't be replicated at home (apart from the guys in singers corner). I'm in block 22 and at times it's so quiet even those talking reduce the volume in fear of disturbing someone it seems, plus I can hear the two boring farts behind me talking like Statler and Waldorf throughout (and they are not old). Heads seem to turn when somebody makes some noise.
Not sure what the answer is but maybe the singers corner lot should infiltrate themselves :)

Sky_Blue_Vickie

Thanks swanny80.

Duke of Cov, would agree that would be a good solution. Anything that pushes the fans together would help. The sheff utd cup game showed the difference in atmosphere everyone sitting together can make.

I sit in the north stand and rarely is there anyone directly next to our group (maybe they are trying to tell us something) and so there is a situation where there are little pockets of fans rather than all huddled together as I remember from west terrace days.

Some people will complain in the beginning but think would improve match day experience most would get over in the end.

Knowing our supporter numbers can never really understand why it was built in the design it was - oh well.

Bennosdancingfeet

It's almost like people are scared to sing, or in certain areas of the ground if you attempt to sing, you get looked upon with disgust . Example: how dare you try and sing in the middle of the Tesco stand!

DukeOfCov

Thanks swanny80.

Duke of Cov, would agree that would be a good solution. Anything that pushes the fans together would help. The sheff utd cup game showed the difference in atmosphere everyone sitting together can make.

I sit in the north stand and rarely is there anyone directly next to our group (maybe they are trying to tell us something) and so there is a situation where there are little pockets of fans rather than all huddled together as I remember from west terrace days.

Some people will complain in the beginning but think would improve match day experience most would get over in the end.

Knowing our supporter numbers can never really understand why it was built in the design it was - oh well.

I was impressed with the MK ground yesterday, the concourse, the view etc etc - I thought it worked well, couldn't find fault - and what a result too!

Sky_Blue_Vickie

Could do with some more catchy songs too. Really miss the old days of the likes of the chippo, hadji, keano song and one of my all time faves the big month song :)

Edit: that should be big mo song - annoying predictive text.

Last edited:

skybluegod

PUSB
Agree completely the players seem to get a huge boost. Also it's much more enjoyable for the fans IMO I much prefer away games. The SBA when in full voice is fantastic and we need to replicate that feeling at home, and imagine if we all sang mcgoldricks name he might feel inclined to sign for us ;). Or 10000 people singing lets all sing together the players would have even more confidence than they have now.

Sky_Blue_Vickie

It's almost like people are scared to sing, or in certain areas of the ground if you attempt to sing, you get looked upon with disgust . Example: how dare you try and sing in the middle of the Tesco stand!

:) I know. I think part of the problem is the lack of any really split between stands. In the olden days the west terrace would be most vocal, with the east stand joining in quite a bit. The quiet ones used to go off to the main stand. Now other than singers corner there is no real clear cut distinction which ends up with the "main standers" being in with the rest of us and turning nose up at an vocality.

Another idea as well as blocking off tops of stands is to decide where the quiet blocks are so everyone who wants to just sit and watch can sit together. If the rest of us are then also all together this will also help.

SuperCov

PUSB

Like. Totally agree. Come on Sky Blue Army lets get vocal!

Whilst we sing together, we shall never lose!

Sky Blues

Couldn't agree more, like many on here I'm a season ticket holder and have only missed 4 away games this season. I'm convinced that the results away are partly due to the lift that the crowd continuously gives the team. It's a fantastic atmosphere away and for some reason can't be replicated at home (apart from the guys in singers corner). I'm in block 22 and at times it's so quiet even those talking reduce the volume in fear of disturbing someone it seems, plus I can hear the two boring farts behind me talking like Statler and Waldorf throughout (and they are not old). Heads seem to turn when somebody makes some noise.
Not sure what the answer is but maybe the singers corner lot should infiltrate themselves :)

At Highfield Road you could sing your heart out in the East Stand and West Terrace, and the Sky Blue Stand would often join in. But at Ricoh it can feel like you're talking in a library if you're not in Singer's corner.

Users who are viewing this thread