Time is a great healer......But ! (1 Viewer)

Brylowes

I said it on a thread the other day and it got me thinking, one of the things that really depresses me
about the state our club finds itself in is the division and hostility between the fans.
One of the greatest feelings of supporting a football club is the camaraderie and togetherness all bought
about through a common interest, like when they score and you end up hugging and sharing the moment
With the guy stood next to you. You may never have met , you may never meet again and you probably
have nothing else in common, but it doesn't matter because you share Coventry City FC.

If or when things at the club return to something like normality, do you think supporters of the club will
consign all that's happened to the history books and move forward together. Or has to much damage
been done, are people's views so entrenched and wound's to deep for it ever to go back to the way it
once was. It might seem dramatic, we are not talking about a Country after a civil war after all, I know
it's just a football club but it's the football club I love, and it's heartbreaking watching it fall apart.

I would just be interested to see what other people think, very worrying times to be a City fan.

Nick

Administrator
I have said all along that the fans are most together come 3pm on a Saturday and it doesn't matter if the bloke next to you is a "council lover" or a "sisu apologist". If we score everybody will be dancing around like dickheads together.

People share something to do with CCFC, not SISU. Nobody goes to a game to shout "we love you joy, we do".

That's why I always think as many fans should get down to the Ricoh, the biggest impression would be us packing it out and during games it is when the fans are most together and concentrating on the same thing.

afan4life

I have said all along that the fans are most together come 3pm on a Saturday and it doesn't matter if the bloke next to you is a "council lover" or a "sisu apologist". If we score everybody will be dancing around like dickheads together.

People share something to do with CCFC, not SISU. Nobody goes to a game to shout "we love you joy, we do".

That's why I always think as many fans should get down to the Ricoh, the biggest impression would be us packing it out and during games it is when the fans are most together and concentrating on the same thing.

I believe if we all held our nerve and stayed away for one or maybe two games at the Ricoh these leeches would go,but they know this will not happen so the farce continues and you are left with a turd and some polish ...shame

ceetee

So if these leeches aftergo a couple of home games, what would be left.

Be careful what you wish for.

We want them to leave in such a way that the cub survives

Nick

Administrator
I believe if we all held our nerve and stayed away for one or maybe two games at the Ricoh these leeches would go,but they know this will not happen so the farce continues and you are left with a turd and some polish ...shame

There is no proof at all. People have been saying things like that for years.

wingy

I said it on a thread the other day and it got me thinking, one of the things that really depresses me
about the state our club finds itself in is the division and hostility between the fans.
One of the greatest feelings of supporting a football club is the camaraderie and togetherness all bought
about through a common interest, like when they score and you end up hugging and sharing the moment
With the guy stood next to you. You may never have met , you may never meet again and you probably
have nothing else in common, but it doesn't matter because you share Coventry City FC.

If or when things at the club return to something like normality, do you think supporters of the club will
consign all that's happened to the history books and move forward together. Or has to much damage
been done, are people's views so entrenched and wound's to deep for it ever to go back to the way it
once was. It might seem dramatic, we are not talking about a Country after a civil war after all, I know
it's just a football club but it's the football club I love, and it's heartbreaking watching it fall apart.

I would just be interested to see what other people think, very worrying times to be a City fan.
Tis true
The saddest part!

theferret

BUT ITS NEVER BEEN DONE....Where as paying to go in and protest has been done over and over again...

If a whole season at Sixfields and gates of 2500 didn't do the trick then nothing will. There are only about 5000 paying customers at home games as ST money is already banked. Stay away for 2 games and it'd make a dent in the finances and all they'd do is reduce the playing budget or sell a player if they had to make it up.

No, we should all get there in numbers and show them and all those trying to inflict damage on us that we are still a great football club and we stand united.

Brylowes

Thing is Nick I have witnessed arguments and even pushing & shoving getting really heated
at a good few games over the last couple of years.
And it's not all about 3pm on a Saturday, it's in the workplace the pub the schools everywhere,
When was the last time you met a fellow City fan and spoke about anything other than the
shit we face.
It consumes" the whole club.

Nick

Administrator
Thing is Nick I have witnessed arguments and even pushing & shoving getting really heated
at a good few games over the last couple of years.
And it's not all about 3pm on a Saturday, it's in the workplace the pub the schools everywhere,
When was the last time you met a fellow City fan and spoke about anything other than the
shit we face.
It consumes" the whole club.
For as long as I can remember people have been negative about the club, way before sisu or the ricoh.

Have always had the negative comments about going to watch ccfc, until we played Crewe and they wanted a ticket that is.

Brylowes

For as long as I can remember people have been negative about the club, way before sisu or the ricoh.

Have always had the negative comments about going to watch ccfc, until we played Crewe and they wanted a ticket that is.
Nick I can remember when I was 7 going to the British Legion in Bedworth with family on Saturday
Nights, and me Dad getting wound up by comments off the old boys in there.
Been wasting your time up the City again, how many did they lose by today, bloody rubbish etc
And I'm 47, nothing changes eh

Nick

Administrator
Nick I can remember when I was 7 going to the British Legion in Bedworth with family on Saturday
Nights, and me Dad getting wound up by comments off the old boys in there.
Been wasting your time up the City again, how many did they lose by today, bloody rubbish etc
And I'm 47, nothing changes eh

Exactly. Been like that as long as I can remember even from city fans...

I can't comment on other places but is it like that in other places?

Ranjit Bhurpa

Can't say I've ever seen hostility between fans, at least not between our own.
Always speak to blokes either side of me, and it's always the same script.....team news, who's playing well, who's playing crap, what subs we would make, out of the seat when we score and head in hands when we let one in. Sisu, Wasps, CCC or the devil incarnate are never mentioned. Exactly the same at away games except on a greater scale.
And I hope it never changes.

Nick

Administrator
Always speak to blokes either side of me, and it's always the same script.....team news, who's playing well, who's playing crap, what subs we would make, out of the seat when we score and head in hands when we let one in. Sisu, Wasps, CCC or the devil incarnate are never mentioned. Exactly the same at away games except on a greater scale.
At games most of the talk.with people is "he should have...", stuff about the ref and about the game.

I don't want to talk about politics at the game so I'm glad about it.

Brylowes

With Ipswich and Norwich I would have to say no, but I don't actually live in either, I live
In a town fairly close to both, so they probably tend to be more partisan.
But City does seem to have more than it's fair share of people who love to knock the
Club.

theferret

I think it's universal to a point - but perhaps the cynicism is more prevalent here.

I remember a couple of sessions ago Leicester fans at work were scathing when it looked like they were going to be relegated. After seeing Leicester lose at Swansea one even said he'd never go again while Pearson wad in charge. Now that's fickle.

Ranjit Bhurpa

At games most of the talk.with people is "he should have...", stuff about the ref and about the game.

I don't want to talk about politics at the game so I'm glad about it.

Oops, forgot the match officials...dire for most of last season, with first place going to Nigel Miller at Bury. All part of the match day ritual ;)

Brylowes

I've seen tempers flaring "amongst our own" at MK Dons, Port Vale, N County, Southend,

Skyblueweeman

Fuck off Brylowes you pr!ck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bob Latchford

Too right I wasn't happy, should have been me u hugged not her
Not sure if you've ever met BHSB ? however , I'd doubt you'd want a hug off him - he makes John Merrick look like Daniel Craig [JOKEEEEE FFS JOKEEEEEEEEE ] :)

Liquid Gold

I do agree, of course, we should stay together. SISU will be gone one day so shouldn't put too many divisions between us. The thing that really gets me are people who shout NOPM and then turn up to a glamour game, they can do one.

AndreasB

Not quite a "fan4life" then are you?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread