Time for Experience against Orient (1 Viewer)

johnwillomagic

.....and in the case of some the message you got us in this mess......last chance to get us out. I would pick our most experienced team on paper......this would shake things up a little bit and maybe see how many of them genuinely care about staying at club........I would line up 4-4-2.......maybe with actually a diamond formation......though I hate it.

Team for Orient
Murphy GK
Christie RB
Kilbane LB
Wood CB
Cameron CB
Jennings DCM
Fleck ACM
McSheff LM
Baker/Bell RM
Cody CF
McGoldrick CF

Subs: Dunn, Clarke, Baker/Bell depending on above, Hussey, Bailey, Elliot, Edge.

What are people's thoughts......we badly need a good performance and win on paper this start xi looks strong and has bage of experience and attacking potential?

Travelling to Orient hoping for better! PUSB

pusbccfc

How about wood left back again and bring edge back in. Yes you lose the attacking option but he'll defend far better.

johnwillomagic

Yep after thinking about it overnight would still play this team.

They are all probably our highest wage earners, they all have something to prove, most need to make amends for next season. Would definitely go for this team......if we are not going to use them I would pay to release them form their contracts to save money!! I think this is not a feasible option.

To judge Kilbane on 30 mins when team played shit against Brentford is harsh particularly as he has not had much game time......think both Sheff, Bell/Baker. McDonald & him should start as a last chance!

Don't know why think we'll ne ok on Saturday, could be that I am kidding myself as can make the game.......unfortunately think team selected will be nothing like the above......begs the question why keep them on drianing wages.....get some young and promising hungry academy players on the bench instead!!

wingy

Yep after thinking about it overnight would still play this team.

They are all probably our highest wage earners, they all have something to prove, most need to make amends for next season. Would definitely go for this team......if we are not going to use them I would pay to release them form their contracts to save money!! I think this is not a feasible option.

To judge Kilbane on 30 mins when team played shit against Brentford is harsh particularly as he has not had much game time......think both Sheff, Bell/Baker. McDonald & him should start as a last chance!

Don't know why think we'll ne ok on Saturday, could be that I am kidding myself as can make the game.......unfortunately think team selected will be nothing like the above......begs the question why keep them on drianing wages.....get some young and promising hungry academy players on the bench instead!!

Have you subconciously hit on a point here ,IE; Referring to their cost,is there an element of cost that is preventing some of these players from actually...............................Playing/Starting?

johnwillomagic

Wingy you may have a point here.....however why not just release them if we cannot play them......must come a point when you may as well do this?

Bell in particular is mysterious as if I am not mistaken is fit and has been for ages......loosely speaking of course! ;)

SkyBlue_Bear83

Thinking about it I would revert back to the 5 man midfield Robins initially played, we were much harder to break down and will retain possession better

-----------Murphy
Christie--Edje--Wood--Kilbane
Baker-----Jennings--Bailey--Moussa
------------------Fleck
-----------------Mcgoldrick

Maybe swap Moussa and Fleck, not sure. Clarke needs a rest, Kilbane to bring some experience. Unsure on Cameron, think he has an incredible physical presence but think he can sometimes be dragged out of position by the opposition striker, gets too involved in a personal battle with the striker leaving other gaps open. Edge and Wood were very good imo vs MK Dons so would give that partnership another try. Jennings and Bailey to break up play, lets focus on keeping a clean sheet first after 6 goals conceded in the last 3 games

Users who are viewing this thread