Time for 4-4-2 (1 Viewer)

usskyblue

Playing on the break and sitting back worked until we got sussed out. Now we have Henderson, isn't it time to try a more positive 4-4-2 ?

usskyblue

You can still play to feet, Henderson's strong enough to hold the ball... then you have the option to have Arma play off him with balls played high..

SkyBlue_Bear83

When we were at our best early on we were dominating the ball and pinning the opposition back in there own half for long periods, not sitting back and hitting teams on the break.

usskyblue

When we were at our best early on we were dominating the ball and pinning the opposition back in there own half for long periods, not sitting back and hitting teams on the break.

Yep, that's fear based football. Not playing to win, rather, playing to try and not lose....hoping to nick a goal on the break.

Hobo

Completely agree. We need two up top without doubt.

That doesn't necessarily mean 4-4--2. I am not sure who plays that system anymore with any success?

johnwillomagic

I think we should have been playing two up top about eight weeks ago......poor Tudguy still do not
know what he has done wrong think he could have done great up top with Arma! :(

johnwillomagic

Armstrong's done bloody well up top on his won so far but do feel he needs some more support help at this stage of the season!

Terry Gibson's perm

Can't play 4 4 2 and keep Fleck in the side as he has gone back to playing so deep he is in the way of the centre backs, so for me lets go to it and get him out of the team with Maddison.

Gazolba

Apparently RCC is so good now, can't we just play 2-3-5 like the old days.

usskyblue

Two centre mids need to be your best at holding, and the best going forward/creative....

What 4-4-2 side from the current squad would you pick?

Terry Gibson's perm

Rcc
ricketts Stephens cargill stokes
murphy rose Vincelot hunt/obrien
armstrong Henderson

Users who are viewing this thread