Threads (1 Viewer)

kg82

Sorry, but I'm a bit tired of coming on to this forum just to see stuff about SISU this, SISU that, ACL this etc etc. Surely, if it's anything to do with that it should be in the board/finance section?

I don't want to bury my head in the sand. But I also don't want it to be the ONLY thing I see on here. I mainly come on here to talk football, but it seems that takes a back seat most of the time.

TheRoyalScam

Just bury your head in the sand and ignore them then - simples!

Then you've got more time to read threads like 'Attendance Saturday?', '442 or 451?', and the obligatory 'Team For Saturday?' thread;)

Moff

Sorry, but I'm a bit tired of coming on to this forum just to see stuff about SISU this, SISU that, ACL this etc etc. Surely, if it's anything to do with that it should be in the board/finance section?

I don't want to bury my head in the sand. But I also don't want it to be the ONLY thing I see on here. I mainly come on here to talk football, but it seems that takes a back seat most of the time.

KG, you are not alone in being totally and utterly fekking bored and fed up with it all.

kg82

Like I say, I don't want to bury my head in the sand. But I can go into that section if I want to read any of it. It seems talking about football is a bit of a novelty on here.

Nick

Administrator
People moan when we move them and then moan when we don't move them? I would love to move them all to the correct forum but some people moan because they think they are being "hidden".

Maybe should have a poll?

Moff

People moan when we move them and then moan when we don't move them? I would love to move them all to the correct forum but some people moan because they think they are being "hidden".

I think its just more frustration about the constant bad news, thats all

kg82

Thing is Jacko, the ones I want to talk about get pushed further and further back with all the stuff (which is basically all practically the same) people post.

Nick, tell them to stop being thick!

dongonzalos

I have to say this stuff is too important to hide away.

You can tell by the title of thread whether to open it or not.

dongonzalos

Good call.....

Nick

Administrator
I have to say this stuff is too important to hide away.

You can tell by the title of thread whether to open it or not.

It isn't hiding it away though? It is putting it in the correct forum.

If you use the forum by clicking new posts like most people you see them anyway :)

kg82

It's not hidden though? It's in another section that is entirely dedicated to that stuff. What is the point in having the section if it's not going to be used?

CovMatt1987

Jacko has it right - its a football forum about CCFC, some people wanna talk about it and if you dont, start threads about something else.

I personally miss simpler days like just before the Crewe game, when we were trying to work out a song for the Edge....

dongonzalos

It isn't hiding it away though? It is putting it in the correct forum.

If you use the forum by clicking new posts like most people you see them anyway :)

It seems quite obvious when threads are in the main section they get lots of comments when they get moved there they get one or two, that is not coincidence

dongonzalos

That is because of the people who don't use the forum properly though :)

I know. It seems the majority don't use it properly.

Maybe whilst Tim is talking about dissolving our club. I think you are doing the right thing nick letting it run on the main area.

Just a personal opinion.

kg82

Exactly Nick. That's all I'm asking, for people to learn to use the place properly. I'm so tired of seeing the same arguments regurgitated over and over. Like I said, it's not even threads I don't want to read. I may fancy contributing to them sometimes. But the football related threads (this IS a football club, right?) are all getting pushed further and further back. A thread about a new manager - a current and important subject, you would've thought - was right at the bottom of page 2 today that I went to retrieve!

Colonel Mustard

I'm not a fan of sub-forums. At most there should be two: football & everything else. Few people want to click around - they just want one, big, fat board that they can bookmark and easily access.

Looking at the four Sky Blues sub-forums, we can see the last posts were two days, one day, 19 hours, and seven hours ago. They make up 3% of the total CCFC threads. In other words, sub-forums are a surefire way to throttle the chatter.

Noggin

That is because of the people who don't use the forum properly though :)

If the vast majority of people aren't using the forum properly then the problem is with the forum, its not the intention to hide things using a sub forum but it is what happens. I think over the years of using forums people have become conditioned to skip over everything at the top and that even applies to sticky threads.

kg82

I'm not a fan of sub-forums. At most there should be two: football & everything else. Few people want to click around - they just want one, big, fat board that they can bookmark and easily access.

Looking at the four Sky Blues sub-forums, we can see the last posts were two days, one day, 19 hours, and seven hours ago. They make up 3% of the total CCFC threads. In other words, sub-forums are a surefire way to throttle the chatter.

I wish ;);)

Nick

Administrator
If the vast majority of people aren't using the forum properly then the problem is with the forum, its not the intention to hide things using a sub forum but it is what happens. I think over the years of using forums people have become conditioned to skip over everything at the top and that even applies to sticky threads.

I agree! I think it is about behaviour and i do track how people use it and try to get it as user friendly as possible!

I get a bit ocd about things in the right forums as it makes things easier to find, the site easier to browse but everyone is used to different things :)

Astute

I have a simple question for you KG.

Should this thread be in the football section as it is not about football :p It is just as bad as when someone goes on about SISU in this section :whistle:

kg82

I have a simple question for you KG.

Should this thread be in the football section as it is not about football :p It is just as bad as when someone goes on about SISU in this section :whistle:

Haha, I actually thought this BUT, in my defence, I decided to put it in here and then let Nick move it - get him some practice for all those other one's he's got to do!!

Covstu

to think we can stop where people can post is a big wrong. This is one of the biggest thing that is hitting our club at the moment and understandably people want to vent about it. You will be saying that we cannot talk about football next!!!:mad::mad::(

Nick

Administrator
I dont think anybody is saying nobody can talk about it, when i move them i try to leave a redirect so it leaves a link to where its moved to

kg82

to think we can stop where people can post is a big wrong. This is one of the biggest thing that is hitting our club at the moment and understandably people want to vent about it. You will be saying that we cannot talk about football next!!!:mad::mad::(

Read what I've put. I've said to put it in the right place. It is one of the biggest thing's, fair enough. It doesn't mean there has to 10 thousand threads all on the same thing, all ending up in a slanging match. And I want that so I CAN talk about football.

Users who are viewing this thread