Threads aimed at other forum members (1 Viewer)

mark82

Please do not create threads aimed at other forum members. It's not big, funny or clever. I've seen at least two of these now over the last few days, if you have something to say to an individual please use the private messaging functionality (now called conversation). Anything construed as a personal attack against another member will result in a ban (either temporary or permanent).

Can't pin this yet as mod tools not up and running yet. Once they are such threads will be shut down and deleted as soon as possible after being started.

Captain Dart

What about posts calling other posters an idiot or a moron etc? :angelic:

Grendel

Please do not create threads aimed at other forum members. It's not big, funny or clever. I've seen at least two of these now over the last few days, if you have something to say to an individual please use the private messaging functionality (now called conversation). Anything construed as a personal attack against another member will result in a ban (either temporary or permanent).

Can't pin this yet as mod tools not up and running yet. Once they are such threads will be shut down and deleted as soon as possible after being started.

I really don't think that's a good idea.

RegTheDonk

I agree you shouldn't create a thread specifically to have a go at another poster. Any complaints, see the admin. Its his show, he provides the place to have your say, but if you don't like it then go elsewhere. With the amount of diverse viewpoints, discussions and disagreements between ourselves, its fairly friggin' obvious that Nick is not a tyrant and if you have something to say, you can say it here (within the bounds of good taste and the rules)

I don't think you can call someone out when they are providing rational evidence to support their own standpoint - or make a case against your own. Its not vindictive, just human nature, and If there wasn't a dig at someone who's opinion you didn't agree with, you could probably half the posts on here. But we are all adults (allegedly) and should really know when a line is being crossed - nobody is that thick to feign ignorance if they are . That, IMHO, would be unacceptable.

Bob Latchford

Whilst i would usually fully concur with this , every member should abide by the rules ! stop the wumming , deliberate antagonistic replies then this forum may have a future.

Nick

Administrator
Whilst i would usually fully concur with this , every member should abide by the rules ! stop the wumming , deliberate antagonistic replies then this forum may have a future.

Maybe people should stop making stuff up and then crying when challenged? Then getting their old man to back them up?

You only come on to make untrue accusations and can't take anybody disagreeing.

Last edited:

sbadey

As a relatively new member I for one find this a good decision Nick, as I have been reluctant to add an opinion due to the constant name calling etc that sometimes occurs. So well done

Sent from my Versus TouchPad 9 using Tapatalk

Bob Latchford

As a relatively new member I for one find this a good decision Nick, as I have been reluctant to add an opinion due to the constant name calling etc that sometimes occurs. So well done

Sent from my Versus TouchPad 9 using Tapatalk[/QUO
This !

Samo

But then again it is kind of the ultimate forum compliment.

mark82

I really don't think that's a good idea.

Whilst I know both yourself and Nick are adults and can take it there are children that use this site too. Regardless of age, not everyone rises to the challenge of someone starting a thread to call them out like you do. Appreciate there is a fine line and we don't want to moderate too much but, as has already been pointed out on this thread, the constant vitriol on here puts some off of posting.

dongonzalos

Sent from my Versus TouchPad 9 using Tapatalk

This probably tells you all you need to know.
If new posters are seeing others been called idiot, twat, c**t, prick
Just for posting an opinion that somebody else does not like.
It is all a bit sad really.
The person doing it either is a desperate WUM or they have issues.
Thankfully it's only a few people on here that do it.
Most on here are capable of expressing a well thought out reasoned opinion without having to stoop to abuse.

Users who are viewing this thread