those new bars/restaurants in cathedral lanes (1 Viewer)

Sky_Blue_Daz

Anyone recommend them?
Im taking the good lady out next week and was going to give them a go

Otis

Not been yet. Cosy Club looks the nicest in terms of decor, but I fancy Los Iguanas most of all for its menu.

Wagamama is always full, but some people on here seem to say it's just cheap an cheerful.

Let us know how you get on, Daz.

hill83

Went to the cosy club for lunch on Wednesday. It's pretty good, need to go back in the evening to see what that's like though really.

Covstu

Cosy club is okay at night but they always seem understaffed, the two tim s I have been we struggled to get served

oldfiver

Went to the cosy club for lunch on Wednesday. It's pretty good, need to go back in the evening to see what that's like though really.

Was there last evening : Service slow and food was not hot when received. This was also comment from a friend who went Monday evening. Definite lack of staff.

Depends on what you want Daz - try Blue in Spon Street or the Establishment by Holy Trinity

Otis

Establishment is okay. Food not brilliant, but it's a gorgeous building and you get a real sense of history and heritage in there.

dancers lance

It may just be me too, but I don't want to sit next to total strangers when eating my dinner!

Not sure if that's standard Wagamammas seating, but not a fan of the massive bench seats and random slotting in between families that went on.

It is the standard, Wagamammas is the McDonalds of noodles and oriental food, with a worse seating plan and a far bigger queue of desperate halfwits.

Sky_Blue_Daz

I was in the cosy club for a quick pint Saturday,nice atmosphere friendly staff decent pint

Otis

Went to Cosy Club on Friday. Very nice. Really beautifully decorated.

Would say slightly overpriced for some items, but mine was very nice indeed. My parents went for pancakes with bananas, blueberries and creme fraiche. That was £6.50 a pop. Was expecting something a bit more special than it actually turned out to be for that.

Will definitely go back again though.

Johnnythespider

I am looking forward to trying the new Miller & Carter steakhouse that is opening in the old Styvechell arms next month

Users who are viewing this thread