Thorn's Signings (1 Viewer)

CCFC_Charlie

Considering the quality of some of Thorn's signing, Barton and Jennings in particular, would rather have it as it is, where Thorn makes all the signings and then sacked? Or would you prefer Thorn to have been sacked in May and the new man allowed to sign his own players?

CW6

New man and his signings, the new manager will want to play is own way and whos to say the likes of barton and jennings will fit into that style?

RichieGunns

I think Jennings, Barton and Fleck will fit it quite well considering their apparant quality as players.

It's players like Kilbane, Macca, Baker, Hussey, Brown etc who i feel may not get a look in...same goes for Malaga and the Edj.

Whoever it is will probably use them till January and then offload who he doesn't want and bring in others to replace them.

Only time will tell i guess!

CW6

I think Jennings, Barton and Fleck will fit it quite well considering their apparant quality as players.

It's players like Kilbane, Macca, Baker, Hussey, Brown etc who i feel may not get a look in...same goes for Malaga and the Edj.

Whoever it is will probably use them till January and then offload who he doesn't want and bring in others to replace them.

Only time will tell i guess!

They are good players and more likely will, but like a hoofball manager i fear the worse! Brown and Edj are fooked i think. Malaga has looked ok so i think he will play unless the new manager brings in a CB on loan

TheHellion

I think you have to look at this in terms of pure logic.

It would have surely been an easier transition to make this decision at the end of last season, or at least during the close season. A new manager would have come in, and would have had time to sign the players that he would have wanted, for the system that he would have adopted. As it is, we'll not get someone in before Friday's transfer deadline, so now whoever comes in is going to have to make do with what he has at his disposal, at least until January, barring loans of course. That, to me, is what makes this whole saga so strange. The timing just doesn't add up. I don't doubt that the squad is reasonable, and there is plenty of potential there with the likes of Barton, Fleck and Jennings, but it may not have been what the new manager would have had in mind.

Last edited:

Mucca Mad Boys

Tough one, I'd go with ATs signings, new manager because if the decision makers have any sense we're going to hire a manager who is going to try play passing football and not 'Hoofball', as our team isn't suited to 'hoofball'.

Tisdale for the job! (Or Abbott, at a massive push, Di Canio or Robinson)

Users who are viewing this thread