Thorn's Midfield Headache (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/co...y-midfield-selection-headache-92746-30390081/

We have too many midfielders now and it is hard choice, will Clingan come straight back in?

If Clingan comes back and bosses the game and scores the winner then it would be a genius choice, if he comes in and gives the ball away for a goal then it will be shocking.

Which will it be?

I personally hope he doesn't bring Clingan straight in. I am not sure how Barnsley play formation wise though to try and match them.

ccfcway

Hard choice ?

When was the last time we won with Clingan in the team ?

The 11 who let us down at Forest need to put that right !!

skybluegod

http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/co...y-midfield-selection-headache-92746-30390081/

We have too many midfielders now and it is hard choice, will Clingan come straight back in?

If Clingan comes back and bosses the game and scores the winner then it would be a genius choice, if he comes in and gives the ball away for a goal then it will be shocking.

Which will it be?

I personally hope he doesn't bring Clingan straight in. I am not sure how Barnsley play formation wise though to try and match them.

They play 4-3-3

J

Jack Griffin

I'm hoping they can play

......Thomas
Deegan McSheff - Diamond
......Norwood

or
Norwood Deegan Thomas McSheff - 4-4-2

Depends really on how fit Sammy is compared to Thomas, I prefer Thomas, he is the future, it'll be one or the other. Really you want Norwood & Thomas more central, they ain't natural wide players.

Last edited by a moderator:

Paxman II

If Clingan is fit then I would play him. he may not have shown great form of late but he is a quality player and likely that comes good at some point. On a bad day he gets through a lot of supporting work in front of our defenders that is vital and lets face it we gave away 2 goals at Forest, one of which we would have seen Clingan come across and stopped Findley on that long run? Something Norwood failed to do.
Experience...we need all we can get. For me he is a bit like Parker at Spurs...more effective than you may have noticed.

Sick Boy

Which will it be?

I thought it was only yesterday it was being claimed that there was no option for rotation at all.

torchomatic

Too many midfielders spoil the broth, I reckon. We should stick Clingan on the bench.

oakey

How many goals has Clingan cost? Facts please.
How does this compare to every other midfielder or defender?

Harshly treated in my view.
The last game we won with Clingan in the team was Boro...also the last game we won with Thomas in the team.

cloughie

how many walk up fans will go sideways when they see the Ricoh or even go backwards if clingan is in the team

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
Depends how deep we want the team to play. Clingan almost sits on the central defenders and that drags the whole team deep isolating the front two. We need to set up like we did for the Leeds game, front foot higher up the pitch, pressure on the ball, supporting the forwards

I dont think he is a good captain so him missing wont detract in that respect

Put him on the bench

junglej13

I'd let Deegan sit deep then, if they have 3 in midfield it would hopefully give Norwood more space to fire some balls about to McSheffrey and Bell or Baker.

Deegan for me is the only midfielder we have who is prepared to get beyond the strikers. He has to push on. Outside of mcsheffrey I cant see where a goal is likely to come from in midfield otherwise.

Users who are viewing this thread