Thorn - Year up yet? (1 Viewer)

lordsummerisle

Has it been a year now since Thorn was given the chop?

Think that MMM has to eat a hat, or at least a hat made out of pies or something if Thorn hasn't got a job in football within the year of being sacked?

shmmeee

Haha oh shit!

Thorn's PR Company said:
Perhaps the legacy of Andy’s tenure at Coventry will be that he successfully acquired numerous players on free transfers, all of whom soon became considerable assets to the club (most of whom were sold on promptly), such as Jordan Henderson, Jack Cork, Danny Fox, Scott Dann, Keiron Westwood, Richard Keogh, Anar Gunnarsson and Lucas Jutkewitcz. It would be no exaggeration to say that but for the discovery and then sale of some of these players, Coventry may well not have survived.

http://fullcontactlaw.co.uk/2012/10/football-manager-andy-thorn-appoints-fc/

Brighton Sky Blue

MMM owes me a pint if I remember rightly-at least Thorn is doing more for me now than he ever achieved as manager.

SkyBlueScottie

What a list of clients they have....

Henderson and Cork were loans

Fox, Dann, Westwood, Gunnars and Juke bought for fee's, Westwood then left on a free, as did Gunnars but we may have received compensation for him due to his age.

Keogh, we had to pay compensation....

RoboCCFC90

Slightly surprised the comments box is empty at the bottom I was sure there would of been hundreds of people typing up there love letters..

lordsummerisle

What a list of clients they have....

Henderson and Cork were loans

Fox, Dann, Westwood, Gunnars and Juke bought for fee's, Westwood then left on a free, as did Gunnars but we may have received compensation for him due to his age.

Keogh, we had to pay compensation....

Dann and Fox also signed a good while before he started at the club.

fernandopartridge

Has it been a year now since Thorn was given the chop?

Think that MMM has to eat a hat, or at least a hat made out of pies or something if Thorn hasn't got a job in football within the year of being sacked?

I will happily donate my best hat.

I have just been into town and notice that Greggs on Sheldon Square is advertising humble pie

shy_tall_knight

Has poor communication skills, lacks presence, looked like a slob, are there many other managers out there as fat and as untidy, how many of his buys / loans last summer were any good, Goldie and Fleck was about it Malaga Kilbane edge reece brown Jennings were so poor.

thaiskyblue

Has poor communication skills, lacks presence, looked like a slob, are there many other managers out there as fat and as untidy, how many of his buys / loans last summer were any good, Goldie and Fleck was about it Malaga Kilbane edge reece brown Jennings were so poor.
are you describing ex sky blue, Martin jol ?

lordsummerisle

You have a funny memory. why on earth would the fans have demanded that. He was made manager because he cost SISU zero pounds.

You obviously have no memory at all.

Apparently it was only the "noisy minority" who didn't want him as manager.

Better than Jimmy Hill apparently.

shy_tall_knight

Jol is streets ahead even speaking English as a Dutchman he is more clear and concise without the Errrrr at the start of every sentence. The proof is in the fact that he hasn't come close to another job as will have a poor reputation in the football world. And there were rumours whilst he was in charge

Grendel

You have a funny memory. why on earth would the fans have demanded that. He was made manager because he cost SISU zero pounds.

I suggest you look at the posts on appointment day. One poster in particular seems like he was the first male to experience multiple orgasms - ill keep his identity secret to save his embarrassment.

torchomatic

It's true enough.

FRY-CCFC

we wanted him to be manager because we played very good under him at caretaker level playing good football

lordsummerisle

we wanted him to be manager because we played very good under him at caretaker level playing good football

Yep, only a joining together of moronic fans and moronic owners could have led to a scout being employed as a manager after a few caretaker games.

Unluckily for Thorn there don't appear to be any other football club owners as stupid and cheap as we have.

fernandopartridge

Yep, only a joining together of moronic fans and moronic owners could have led to a scout being employed as a manager after a few caretaker games.

Unluckily for Thorn there don't appear to be any other football club owners as stupid and cheap as we have.

Played very well was winning 3 games out of 10. Failing to beat the likes of Scunthorpe at home.

Users who are viewing this thread