Thorn to 'Wheel & Deal' (1 Viewer)

Apologies if this is already on another thread that i haven't noticed.
Just read the article on the official CCFC website about AT hoping to wheel and deal in january. He says that he spoke to Tim Fisher and people at the Ricoh and all was positive, and that the things he heard were all good to hopefully be able to bolster the squad.

Surely the only way to bolster the squad is sell players first, so i imagine that Jukie is going to Southampton then, probably Clingan and Cranie also.

Just wondering what other people thought when reading it?

http://www.ccfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10269~2555995,00.html

la-ccfc

That comment worried me, if he is going to "wheel and deal" it would imply we would have to sell and the only players anyone would want to buy would be our better players (which there isn't many), so we would be replacing them with cheaper alternatives which will do us no good if we are to at least make a fight of staying up.

coop

We haven't got a cat in hells chance of getting any players to improve our squad it's just talk to try and sell a few more tickets to the forth coming Christmas fixtures.we've had one loan player all season for about 4 games bought a striker AT hardly even uses,the gates are down SISU are skint so in my eyes we are up a creek without a paddle unless some millionaire comes in quick and got a spare 100 million get us out of the shit we are in.There is no such thing as Santa so we are fooked league 1 here we come.

Last edited:

ICHAN

Usual pre-transfer window talk, why all of a sudden would sisu suddenly decide to let AT have transfer funds?

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Tim Fisher seems to have made more communicatuons with the fans than anyone else related to SISU / the board have since they took over. Ok, its only words their talking, but lets hope (and try to be optimistic) that he knows what hes doing and we see some movement forward under him, rather than backwards!

Sub

roll up roll up bullshit everywhere we will bolster in the transfer window, honestly!!!! buy a half season ticket and watch us climb the table :jerkit::jerkit::jerkit::jerkit: yeah yeah fooking right quick fire sale, players going as usual one loan player no signings just absolute shit and more bullshit and anybody that belives that needs there head checking !!!!:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

Nonleagueherewecome

They said the same thing in August and look how that turned out. It means sell what we can and then get the last dregs that are left in on the cheap that nobody else wants-if that.

cloughie

Usual pre-transfer window talk, why all of a sudden would sisu suddenly decide to let AT have transfer funds?

Exactly the same funds as the last window and the 1 before that and the 1 before that and never the ending bull

shy_tall_knight

Why would you invest in new players unlikely to be able to prevent relegation, unlikely to put more bums on seats, just utter pointless drivel talking about investing, Gary Gardener what a cracking investment, on the cheap and Villa stitched up Cov recalling him early.

J

Jack Griffin

I don't think they stitched City up, I think he is best out of the madhouse & his manager made a sound decision.

shy_tall_knight

"You'll sell Jukeawotsit and buy 2 more goalies".- How very wrong we won't buy 2 more goalies we will get two more goalies on loan or as freebies.​

CUS Wyken

Tim Fisher seems to have made more communicatuons with the fans than anyone else related to SISU / the board have since they took over. Ok, its only words their talking, but lets hope (and try to be optimistic) that he knows what hes doing and we see some movement forward under him, rather than backwards!

Thing is fella, he looks decent because of the previous regime. Couldn't get much worse could it.

torchomatic

I think we should have this thread on a sticky and then see what happens. Hopefully, a few on here will be eating their words. I hope we do sign a few.

Actually, it maybe me eating my words so the sticky probably isn't such a good idea.

I would prefer a statement like ..... We are not buying anybody and cannot Wheel & Deal unless we sell our best players, with this in mind we have decided not to move anybody on.:claping hands:

Paxman II

I think what this shows is naivety on Thorns part quite frankly.
Yes he had some Christmas cheer from the MD but to what end exactly? To know he can wheel and deal in January?
That's not much to go on is it.....simply means players must go as well as come in!

As for Bobby Gould not suitable for the job of transfer dealings according to Thorn's statement - that is crazy! Who could be better for us at the moment in such a role?
Bobby has immense contacts in the game and may be a very persuasive character in securing some transfer targets we otherwise would not get. Thorn's nativity shows every time he speaks. This is not a job to try and prove yourself over and over Andy...it's very real and we need results - fast!

Thorn is living in la la land week in week out and while I appreciate he will give the 2nd half of the season a go I truly don't believe he is the man to get us up and out of the mess he has put us in. He makes the excuse about everyone knowing things have been difficult for him, yes but come on Andy your record is appalling and you need all the experienced help you can get, including Mr Gould if necessary...

torchomatic

I think this shows nativity on Thorns part.

I don't think it is. What else can he do but believe the new man in charge? The Sky Blue world looks a lot brighter for me now that KD has gone, so it would be a fantastic lift for Thorn, who let's face it, knows a lot more about what's going on than we ever will.

I hope, for once, the powers that be see sense, look at the table and give the guy some money.

I think what this shows is naivety on Thorns part quite frankly.
Yes he had some Christmas cheer from the MD but to what end exactly? To know he can wheel and deal in January?
That's not much to go on is it.....simply means players must go as well as come in!

As for Bobby Gould not suitable for the job of transfer dealings according to Thorn's statement - that is crazy! Who could be better for us at the moment in such a role?
Bobby has immense contacts in the game and may be a very persuasive character in securing some transfer targets we otherwise would not get. Thorn's nativity shows every time he speaks. This is not a job to try and prove yourself over and over Andy...it's very real and we need results - fast!

Thorn is living in la la land week in week out and while I appreciate he will give the 2nd half of the season a go I truly don't believe he is the man to get us up and out of the mess he has put us in. He makes the excuse about everyone knowing things have been difficult for him, yes but come on Andy your record is appalling and you need all the experienced help you can get, including Mr Gould if necessary...

Tankie

Same tune# Just a different singer, the "wheel and deal scenario," Sisu style, will mean, our better players leave and are replaced by, lesser ones, resulting in the downward spiral
continuing, "wheel and deal won't work"
Happy Christmas!

Users who are viewing this thread