Thorn tells it like it is: Stop all the bickering (1 Viewer)

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
personally I thought his after match interview Saturday was one of his best this season

covcity4life

if we had stayed up he wouldnt open his mouth i bet

just trying to give excuses for his shite record,some valid excuses of course but lets not make out thorn is showing any pride here.

Nick

Administrator
why is he blaming everyone else apart from himself ?

Have to agree, he was asked if he had any regrets and his only one was believing SISU at the start of the season.

Still, if he didn't like it he could have walked at any time if he hated it so much surely?

Sterling Archer

Have to agree, he was asked if he had any regrets and his only one was believing SISU at the start of the season.

Still, if he didn't like it he could have walked at any time if he hated it so much surely?

Yeah because so many people in this world walk away and quit jobs because they dislike their boss/owners of the company they work for.

I've never understood the whole "if he doesn't like it, why doesn't he quit". He is a human who needs a job to pay bills like you and me.

TheBoss

That statement was mainly aimed at SISU and not the supporters, and he's right, the playing side of things needs adressing, himself included.

He is a human who needs a job to pay bills like you and me.

Don't have an issue with that...so let's treat it like a workplace and conduct an appraisal on our employee....who so far has not admitted any part in the debacle of this season/failure to reach targets.

Read that again carefully....admitted ANY part....not admitted TOTAL blame.....:thinking about:

Tut tut, shame on you!!!
Wonder when the time comes when the youngsters say "did you know Coventry used to be in the prem?"

Bit embarrassing for you, but it was a reference to the mis-spelling of "Singers" from a supposedly reputable sports provider. I am quite aware of our actual origins thank you very much :p

EDIT: Apologies, that wasn't intended to be anywhere near as patronising as it turned out!

Last edited:

Robccfc87

Bit embarrassing for you, but it was a reference to the mis-spelling of "Singers" from a supposedly reputable sports provider. I am quite aware of our actual origins thank you very much :p

Doh! I didn't even notice the spelling!! I apologise my friend.

Nonleagueherewecome

Saying he regrets believing SISU in the Summer and not wanting to do the job because he hates it are two very different things. He's always saying how much he loves the club-not that anyone ever listens. Here's a thought: maybe he means it, and that's why he's put up with the crap he has from the owners?

Nick

Administrator
Yeah because so many people in this world walk away and quit jobs because they dislike their boss/owners of the company they work for.

I've never understood the whole "if he doesn't like it, why doesn't he quit". He is a human who needs a job to pay bills like you and me.

Of course he has bills to pay, but if I didn't like my bosses and I was having health problems because of the stress I would simply look for other jobs.

My point was just that when asked "do you have any regrets" he didn't mention anything about the football side which I think is diverting ANY blame away from him. If he had said "we have all made mistakes, me, the players etc" then I would think fair play.

SkyBlue_Bear83

I think Nick has a point here this time. Undoubtedly the board and owners are the majority to blame for our demise and they are the reason we have been relegated but the players and coaching team have all made mistakes along the road, particularly the first 4 months or so of the season. A reply like Nick suggested would have been fine here.

stupot07

The season hasn't finished yet, the real postmortem and review will start from Monday. Hopefully this will identify those mistakes and that he will learn from them.

Oh and he did say on midlands today "we need to learn from what's happened this season and comeback stronger". I believe he included him self in the "we".

Tonylinc

Look, I have no problem with Thorn BUT for next season we need a Manager with exprerience of getting out of the 1st Div. Thorn may well be that Manager BUT can we really take that chance? The longer we stagnate in that league the harder it will be to get out.

Johnnythespider

Look, I have no problem with Thorn BUT for next season we need a Manager with exprerience of getting out of the 1st Div. Thorn may well be that Manager BUT can we really take that chance? The longer we stagnate in that league the harder it will be to get out.
We have had countless managers with exprience of getting out of the championship and that hasn't worked.

Waits for smart alec to tell me Thorn has ;)

Nonleagueherewecome

Thorn has-the wrong way! :facepalm:;)

Sorry, couldn't help it..

Oh and he did say on midlands today "we need to learn from what's happened this season and comeback stronger". I believe he included him self in the "we".

Oh well, if you believe that, we'll take that as conversation over.

Face it, AT has made no attempt to lay ANY of the blame at his, the coaching staff and the players' door.

He knew the post-mortems would start and shamefully he got in first (after the Millwall game) when the season wasn't even over....is that looking after you and your own....I BELIEVE that it is.....:facepalm:

Users who are viewing this thread