Thorn Talk after Reading defeat (1 Viewer)

The CableGuy

http://www.ccfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10269~2606596,00.html

"Early on I thought we were on top to be fair and their first goal, I think the boy himself will admit it was a cross. We were disappointed with the second though because we shouldn't get blocked like that at corners."

"Second half though we came back and their 'keeper has pulled off some unbelievable saves to be fair to him. I think I counted five fantastic saves he's made."

"The thing is the way we played second half I thought that if one of them had gone in it could have completely changed the game. Had Federici not been on such form we could've come away with something."

"But in all I thought the lads acquitted themselves well and showed good character to come out for the second half and play the way they played. It gives us hope because nobody gave in and if we can just cut out silly little errors then I know we can give ourselves something to build on."

Tonylinc

The bloke could not inspire me to do any better than I am right now, SO YES, he has to go, BUT who the hell will replace him. We have no money and are all but relegeted.

The Reverend Skyblue

To save money and time Thorn should buy a tape recorder and leave it with journalists, and just tell them to press play.
No doubt,
"he's doing his best "
and the best reason on here for keeping Thorn,
"he's a nice bloke"
And he still thinks we will survive under him, come on Andy don't treat us like fools, we have no chance of staying up under you.

Bring on Cheltenham, Yeovil, Bournemouth, Exeter,Wycombe,Tranmere,Bury,Oldham, maybe Accrington fucking Stanley, should be big crowd pullers for the Ricoh.
Yes its SISU'S fault, but not there's alone. We've won five bleeding games all season, could'nt even beat Bury, and we make teams like Watford Ipswich look like Barcelona.
Lets not change a thing, that makes less sense every week.

The Rev

ccfc2011

same old crap Thorn.

The CableGuy

http://www.clubcall.com/coventry-city/thorn-bemoans-sky-blues-luck-1380302.html

"We gave it a real good go in the second half. I thought we were on top until they scored but it always seems to go against you when you are in the position we are in. Some of the saves Federici pulled off were world class. On one occasion I was already halfway down the line thinking it was a goal."

"I was pleased with the attitude of our lads. A lot of teams in our position would have come out in the second half and gone four or five down. I was really pleased with them.

"Our supporters are second to none. The support they give the team and me with what's going on at the moment is phenomenal. I am really proud to manage their team. They are the best set of fans I have ever played for or worked for. We have got to stay positive and keep taking the good things out of the game."

Brighton Sky Blue

You just wait till you see the highlights. Murphy stood and watched the ball drop into the goal, and the defending for the 2nd goal is atrocious. Second to every ball, some terribly wayward passing; first half was dire. 2nd half Federici made some great saves, and to be fair, we deserved one or two-but the game was up by that point. Murphy had far less to do than Fed, and we weren't played off the park-but if you defend that poorly you deserve nowt! Big shout out to everyone who went-the support was first class.

sw88

Chief Commentator!
You just wait till you see the highlights. Murphy stood and watched the ball drop into the goal, and the defending for the 2nd goal is atrocious. Second to every ball, some terribly wayward passing; first half was dire. 2nd half Federici made some great saves, and to be fair, we deserved one or two-but the game was up by that point. Murphy had far less to do than Fed, and we weren't played off the park-but if you defend that poorly you deserve nowt! Big shout out to everyone who went-the support was first class.

A point or two? How'd you reckon we'd have got 2 points then??? :)

Brighton Sky Blue

A point or two? How'd you reckon we'd have got 2 points then??? :)

I didn't say points! Haha, GH and Elliot were a few rows behind-the impression was 'wait till the end of the season' as far as a takeover's concerned.

Grendel

I didn't say points! Haha, GH and Elliot were a few rows behind-the impression was 'wait till the end of the season' as far as a takeover's concerned.

There's a surprise. Investors must be so frustrated in can't happen earlier so they can be denied reaping rewards this season. Who really wants to invest in this shambles of a club?

so he is blaming their keeper for having the cheek to do his job, how reading and all the other teams are allowed to play a goalkeeper against us is so unfair, he is finally losing the plot, trouble is if sisu stay its fair to say thorn does aswell so i dread where we will end up in league 1

Grendel

He never had the plot. At least his comments will become more amusing as the defeats roll on. Perhaps after we get massacared at Southampton and end the season with 30 points he will say can't wait to get at it next season this boys will walk that league.

stupot07

so he is blaming their keeper for having the cheek to do his job, how reading and all the other teams are allowed to play a goalkeeper against us is so unfair, he is finally losing the plot, trouble is if sisu stay its fair to say thorn does aswell so i dread where we will end up in league 1

To be fair, a lot of teams used to say the same about us when we had Westwood. He was easily worth 10 points a season.

Brighton Sky Blue

There's a surprise. Investors must be so frustrated in can't happen earlier so they can be denied reaping rewards this season. Who really wants to invest in this shambles of a club?

It got to the point where everyone but Thorn was getting abuse. The passion seems to have evaporated from all but a few (Sheffs/Keogh), and they look as resigned to L1 as half the guys on here. The away support was top drawer though-which is a tiny bit for investors to be pleased about.

Covstu

Okay those calling for his head, who should come in, how do wen afford them and what difference will it make now?

Grendel

Okay those calling for his head, who should come in, how do wen afford them and what difference will it make now?

It can't make it any worse and he deserves the sack anyway. No one will renew the deal next year so why bother carrying on? He's finished at Seasons End anyway. That's the title of a Marillion album by the way Torchy.

ok thorn hasnt had much money to play with but what he has had he seems to have wasted when it shouldve been spent elsewhere, lets start at wages/contracts 1) he disgracefully handed bell a new deal in august, his own words on cwr"couldnt afford to lose quality like belly" that had me worried straight away 2) again maybe even more shockingly he handed sicknote mcpkake a new deal, u couldnt make it up, another wasted wage that should have been spent elsewhere 3)maybe surprising but with christie at right back did we need to give a new deal to jordan clarke? keogh, cranie could also play there so a 3rd wage wasted 4) cody mcdonald, need i say more, wages and a reported 300 k to norwich. to me that is 3 possibly 4 including clarke players on the wage bill that shouldnt be, plus the 300 k on cody, so the next time thorn has a dig at his budget just think about some of the terrible decisions he has made this season

Users who are viewing this thread