Thorn speaks... (1 Viewer)

Thorn really is in a bit of a pickle. He knows he is gonna get a load of bull from SISU, but this is probably his best opportunity to get some experience as a manager.

Anyone with experience would be gone by now, as they would be fed up with the lies and lack of support.

thorninmyside

Blah blah blah. Any serious buyer of the club wouldn't even consider thornfor the job. Poor fella theyve complete mind warped him into dilluding himself into thinking he is a football manager. Lol. Seriously it doesn't matter what he says he isn't the issue. .. liquidation is

Paxman II

Funny how SISU' man in the club promises money to invest, yet SISU are threatening Liquidation to the Council.

Yes and the only consistent thing we have heard is that they will be there and yet everyone else keeps insisting we are being liquidated. If Thorn thought like so many others and believed rumour he'd be gone but he's not. Think it's time for taking things on face value until you hear it from the horses mouth otherwise.

kepit 2 yusen

Having heard "liquidation" mentioned by the council and by keys, I still can't get over the blatant denial by Fisher on CW yesterday morning who carried on as if this was the first he had heard of it ! What planet is he on ! He denied it and brushed it off as rumour of course.
My own wish and it is only a wish is that the story has been spun by the council and keys on hoffmans behalf to try and undermine SISU and press the issue, knowing the fallout of them doing so would be horrendous for them. Perhaps Hoffman is in a stronger position than he wants them to know. It's all guess work and theories I realise but what I know is that as a fan, I, and all other city faithfuls are being taken for mugs and it's got to stop !

SonofErnie

This is all a regurgitation of the post match interview and I don't expect anything new to be added ahead of the Southampton game, other than 'We are concentrating on Saturday's game', 'We owe it to West Ham to perform well', 'We need to sign off positively for the fans' blah blah blah bullshit bullshit etc etc.

The only thing that stands out from those comments is 'we need to get our winning mentality back'. When the hell did the players ever have it !!!

kepit 2 yusen

The interview I was referring to was the live one on CW yesterday morning on the breakfast show, post Keys tweets etc. not the initial blurb on Saturday.
I reckon the fans are a stronger and more resilient bunch than anybody appreciates and if anyone will bounce back fighting, we will. It's years of practice :)
The detect the fight returning since Saturdays realisation and as you say, we have got to get that a across to the players come Saturday. A win, against the odds, would be a fitting tribute to the true CCFC and we can then really party and be then ready to do our bit (if we can) to try and remove these muppets before the new season.

SonofErnie

The supporters may bounce back but will the club/team. It's 11 years and counting since we played in the top flight and no signs of a sustained recovery so far, in fact quite the opposite.

Paxman II

Why listen to rumour and believe it rather than Fisher himself? Perhaps the distastes for all things SISU and Key's is clouding everyone's thinking here?

I have no reason to disbelieve Fisher when he categorically states it publicly but every reason to disbelieve Hoffman who makes a statement that says bugger all new other than saying his previous 'investors' have put more than an arms length distance from any possible investment idea at this time. He made clear only one thing that the Ricoh needed to be in any deal and that is a long shot and way off happening.

Until Hoffman or anyone else returns with serious intentions then lets stop listening and concentrate on what we do know.
As for an offer from Hoffman....clearly from his statement there isn't one. So can we move on from Hoffman please?

SonofErnie

We all know, that it will now take Fisher at least 2 months to get the budget signed off if at all, by which time any of Thorn's targets will have gone elsewhere. We've seen it too many times to think otherwise.

dongonzalos

Why listen to rumour and believe it rather than Fisher himself? Perhaps the distastes for all things SISU and Key's is clouding everyone's thinking here?

I have no reason to disbelieve Fisher when he categorically states it publicly but every reason to disbelieve Hoffman who makes a statement that says bugger all new other than saying his previous 'investors' have put more than an arms length distance from any possible investment idea at this time. He made clear only one thing that the Ricoh needed to be in any deal and that is a long shot and way off happening.

Until Hoffman or anyone else returns with serious intentions then lets stop listening and concentrate on what we do know.
As for an offer from Hoffman....clearly from his statement there isn't one. So can we move on from Hoffman please?

Have you any reason to belive the council paxman. Or are keys hoff and mutton all lying

Astute

I would say that SISU have gone to the council and said they can't afford the rent whilst in the third division, and it could lead to having to liquidating our club if the gates go down too much. Chinese whispers go on. It ends up as SISU want to liquidate our club. This then gets passed to Keys and the CET.

This is only a theory so don't quote me on it in a few weeks if I am wrong.

Nonleagueherewecome

Fisher is assuming SISU will agree to this, I wouldn't hold my breath, SISU want out i'm sure of it.

They'd be mad not to, the pickle they've put us in. Only thing I can think of is that our huge losses our working as a tax-loss for them, but if that was the case, why didn't they spend something in one of the last 3 transfer windows? I don't understand the tax-loss scenario, so if someone clever could explain the scam to me, that'd be helpful in deciding if that's the scenario we're in with SISU.

Nonleagueherewecome

Thorn really is in a bit of a pickle. He knows he is gonna get a load of bull from SISU, but this is probably his best opportunity to get some experience as a manager.

Anyone with experience would be gone by now, as they would be fed up with the lies and lack of support.

Honestly, I used the pickle word before I read your post. Pickle it is, then, we have a consensus :D

Nonleagueherewecome

Having heard "liquidation" mentioned by the council and by keys, I still can't get over the blatant denial by Fisher on CW yesterday morning who carried on as if this was the first he had heard of it ! What planet is he on ! He denied it and brushed it off as rumour of course.
My own wish and it is only a wish is that the story has been spun by the council and keys on hoffmans behalf to try and undermine SISU and press the issue, knowing the fallout of them doing so would be horrendous for them. Perhaps Hoffman is in a stronger position than he wants them to know. It's all guess work and theories I realise but what I know is that as a fan, I, and all other city faithfuls are being taken for mugs and it's got to stop !

Agreed, we have to take it all with a pinch of salt-there's so much spin it's worse than a General Election, and in those, you're usually being lied to by everybody.

You won't get your wish though: like the electorate, the fan is always the one who gets shafted from every direction in these situations.

Nonleagueherewecome

This is all a regurgitation of the post match interview and I don't expect anything new to be added ahead of the Southampton game, other than 'We are concentrating on Saturday's game', 'We owe it to West Ham to perform well', 'We need to sign off positively for the fans' blah blah blah bullshit bullshit etc etc.

The only thing that stands out from those comments is 'we need to get our winning mentality back'. When the hell did the players ever have it !!!

Didn't we win 6 on the bounce at home? The players certainly played with miles more confidence in both that, and the long unbeaten run. Makes a huge difference to end results, momentum and morale!

Nonleagueherewecome

The interview I was referring to was the live one on CW yesterday morning on the breakfast show, post Keys tweets etc. not the initial blurb on Saturday.
I reckon the fans are a stronger and more resilient bunch than anybody appreciates and if anyone will bounce back fighting, we will. It's years of practice :)
The detect the fight returning since Saturdays realisation and as you say, we have got to get that a across to the players come Saturday. A win, against the odds, would be a fitting tribute to the true CCFC and we can then really party and be then ready to do our bit (if we can) to try and remove these muppets before the new season.

Do you know what time it was? Should be available on Listen Again, I'd like to hear it from the horses mouth, so to speak. Otherwise, "Fisher sleeps with the fishes"..metaphorically in my estimation so to speak.

Sisu_Cockroaches

Blah blah blah. Any serious buyer of the club wouldn't even consider thornfor the job. Poor fella theyve complete mind warped him into dilluding himself into thinking he is a football manager. Lol. Seriously it doesn't matter what he says he isn't the issue. .. liquidation is

Talking of liquidation, is it not possible to liquidate Tim Fisher, presuming there is a machine big enough to do this

Paxman II

I think keys and Hoffman are spinning and that has led to nothing with Hoffman keeping keys in the know at the same time saying exactly what he said in his statement that there is no deal currently and investors have got distant but will keep exploring. So keys got a little over exuberant as all fans do and should question more when talking to the 'political' Hoffman before spouting mindless gossip.
As for the council and Mr Mutton chop he is also spinning feeling it's good to attack SISU no doubt as 99% of all support hate them already! Electioneering to some extent and he should not be doing so.
I think what Fisher has stated is correct. Whether SISU approve his budget or whatever we shall see in due course.
This ratching up the rhetoric from all sides is really gone too far and is making some look rather foolish...

thorninmyside

I think keys and Hoffman are spinning and that has led to nothing with Hoffman keeping keys in the know at the same time saying exactly what he said in his statement that there is no deal currently and investors have got distant but will keep exploring. So keys got a little over exuberant as all fans do and should question more when talking to the 'political' Hoffman before spouting mindless gossip.
As for the council and Mr Mutton chop he is also spinning feeling it's good to attack SISU no doubt as 99% of all support hate them already! Electioneering to some extent and he should not be doing so.
I think what Fisher has stated is correct. Whether SISU approve his budget or whatever we shall see in due course.
This ratching up the rhetoric from all sides is really gone too far and is making some look rather foolish...

The council won't be lying. They can't afford a civil action . . . The fact sisu haven't released a official statement denying threatening liquidation should answer any doubts at all.

psgm1

Banned

How can Thorn be taken seriously after this! Sure its great that he had an outburst about the lack of investment, but how can he possibly believe SISU/Fisher now? He MUST have been told he was getting money last season, otherwise why get rid of Quirke then buy 2 goalkeepers?

Either he is naive, or he is incompetent.

Whichever it is, you CANNOT have a manager like that running the team. What happens when SISU don't invest this time? He can hardly state he didn't know they would do it?

His position is totally untenable now.

As an owner you must be MAD to have Thorn in charge!

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
Over the years I have found that, particularly when things reported in the press, the truth isnt what is reported but is a middle ground between all the statements.

The board/SISU probably did say that there was a possibility that the club could be liquidated. In reality it isnt big news, hadnt we figured that out for ourselves ? Possibility has always been there doesnt mean it will happen. Likely hood is that the statement was made to express the gravity of the clubs situation - anyone disagree that it is that bad from what we can figure out ?

Mutton either heard for himself or it was reported to him this was said and took that as a bargaining position by CCFC and therefore a threat. He is a CCFC supporter and would quite likely hear it that way. He sees himself as protecting CCFC and the Ricoh from the big bad moneymen. Also useful image at election time.

What this all doesnt mean is that CCFC,TF, SISU, ACL, The council and Charity are not working hard to find a way out of the current financial crisis. Whether they can or not is a different question. You will note I didnt include GH JE or Keys etc because unless they or the consortium they represent make a viable offer of finance then they are not part of it and if anything are a distraction.

Could we be liquidated - Yes Could we continue - Yes

Could TF be telling the truth -Yes. Could Mutton be telling the truth - Yes. Could GH be telling the truth - Yes. The truth that is as they each see it ......... just like the rest of us.

We are where we have always been as supporters, campaigns and protests aside ...... matters out of our hands with nothing other we can actually achieve than wait see.

Last edited:

SonofErnie

“We’ll have a lot of supporters going down there and we want to give them something back because they will have been hurting as well"

“On a professional front we owe it to West Ham to put in a performance but more than anything we owe it to ourselves and the fans"

So bloody predictable !

Users who are viewing this thread