Thorn shut up with this bad luck (1 Viewer)

Otis

You make your own luck.

The odd game here and there we've been lucky and the incident with Herman you can put down to bad luck, but on the whole if you can't defend to the final whistle and lose in the last minute, I don't see that, that has anything to do with luck at all.

We've lost 8 in a row on the road and only scored 7 goals in 15 away trips. That's down to bad luck is it? :thinking about::thinking about:

torchomatic

If Carling did miserable gits.

Otis

If Carlsberg didn't do heads in the sand-ites and only did realists. :thinking about:

torchomatic

Oh yeah. I'm not a drinker, so that's my excuse. I'm a VI to man.

BackRoomRummermill

I cant blame AT for yestereday, he should have gone in October , we are down and we have to accept it.

I would like a new approach for L1 and this manager if he stays will achieve nothing in L1, will be a mediocre team that were in the Prem a while back.

Otis

I think it would be suicide to stick with AT if we go down after this awful run we're going on. If we finish on say 30-32 pts and go down with a complete whimper then we will be going into League One with defeatism written all over us and Thorn will only be associated with failure.

We need a manager with expereince and who has expereince of taking teams out of divisions in the right direction.

Lord_Nampil

I think it would be suicide to stick with AT if we go down after this awful run we're going on. If we finish on say 30-32 pts and go down with a complete whimper then we will be going into League One with defeatism written all over us and Thorn will only be associated with failure.

We need a manager with expereince and who has expereince of taking teams out of divisions in the right direction.

totally agree! Winning mentality comes to mind!

Covstu

Well then no manager will co e to us then! I agree we need a new approach in league one but that has to come from the top

CovLis86

Absolutely. Think only chance will be with new owners, who give us chance to basically have a mass clear out and start again. Keeping the promising youth players who are breaking through, and building around them with some quality experience. All depends on ownership though sadly.

The Reverend Skyblue

Sean O'Driscoll is still jobless !

ccfcway, good shout if he is jobless, but at the back of my mind i'm sure he's helping some team out at the moment.
If he is sat at home twindling his thumbs earning diddly squat, would he turn dowm Thorns & Harrison's wages, no of course he would'nt, and i bet his missus would'nt let him either.

The Rev

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
I still think the play-offs are acheivable this season!

(hic*)
smiley20face20-20drinking20beer.jpg

Grendel

The notion that someone would not come here is nonsense. No we wouldn't entice a top name from another club but as we see there are many experienced names who would jump at the chance of a way back in. Truth is SISU seem so apathetic towards the on-field activity they have turned into Thorn's biggest ally. He must think Christmas comes round every day with SISU they are the only board in the country who would have persisted with him for this long.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
AT believes that the players he has are good enough. He bemoans the teams bad luck in not taking more points. A run like CCFC are having this season is more than bad luck. The whole playing side is simply not good enough and that includes AT.

AT is happy to quote the stats at anyone as to how good we are in all but scoring, that must surely mean that we have sufficient quality to stay in the division - the manager says so based on the stats (it isnt just bigging the confidence up). That despite losing some big players and not having enough financial backing. Those that back AT I would ask if AT in his own words says the squad is good enough to stay up where is the problem? Or are we saying all of us (those for and against AT) that we shouldnt believe all AT says, not take him at face value in his utterances ? Seems to me you cant have it all ways, simply blaming SISU is not entirely accurate given what AT himself says or is it ?

stupot07

The thing is OSB, the stats may be good but not where they count, in the goalscoring department. We simply do not have enough goals in this side. We have now lost 4 players who between them scored 32 league goals for us last season (including this years top goal scorer) and we've replaced them with a unfit injured Cody and a kid.

Goals win games, goals give you a chance of getting back into games and goals keep you in games. Our attacking third now consists on platt, nimely ( promising but a kid) and Mcsheffery (4 years past his best).

Otis

The thing is OSB, the stats may be good but not where they count, in the goalscoring department. We simply do not have enough goals in this side. We have now lost 4 players who between them scored 32 league goals for us last season (including this years top goal scorer) and we've replaced them with a unfit injured Cody and a kid.

Goals win games, goals give you a chance of getting back into games and goals keep you in games. Our attacking third now consists on platt, nimely ( promising but a kid) and Mcsheffery (4 years past his best).

I still say we are setting our stall out wrongly for away games. We are scoring okay at home, but away from the Ricoh we are now scoring at a rate of less than 1 goal every two games. From what i gather in that first half on Saturday we didn't even have a shot on goal.

Grendel

It is clear thorns approach is hopeless in away games. Home record is bordering on acceptable. It will be the away form that ultimately will relegate us.

Users who are viewing this thread