Thorn says One thing and does another..... (1 Viewer)

Lord_Nampil

Ok so we now have competed in our 1st game in league 1, personally didn't think we did too badly and need to learn to take chances when they arrive. The one thing that's annoying me though is something Thorn said in the fans forum and something he did yesterday which contradicts totally what he said 3 days ago.

He said "We can blood the youngsters slowly this season as we have a squad to pick from"

I arrive at the game yesterday (a little bit late as the bloody traffic ggrrr) to find Daniels has kept his position in midfield even though for this game we had 3 new midfielders available for the game that didn't play in the week.

Watching the 1st half you could see Daniels didn't look comfortable in the position he was playing, the game bypassing lot of the times and he also lost the ball at key moments.

totally not his fault at all he’s young and learning and to be fair i felt sorry for him it was a tall order to make your league debut in a game like this.

So why did Thorn pick him?? We had the players to play the Diamond (even though that never works) so why does Thorn say one thing one day then a couple of days later do another that totally contradicts what he said originally.

Daniels on the pitch caused the defence (all of them) to loose confidence especially Reese Brown who really struggled at times when he had no protection in front of him.

I hope Thorn sees this and by Tuesday we see a different approach, because to me that holding role is the most important position in our squad, get it wrong we are in trouble, get it right we will play well!

How longs Thomas out for???

Sky Blues

At a guess, maybe Thorn felt Jennings was lacking a bit of match fitness. Hopefully by the end of next week he'll be in the starting XI. Thorn could have used Kilbane or Brown there though and put someone else in their spot. Maybe he thought the lad had done enough in training or pre-season to be given a run out?

ampthill_sba

At a guess, maybe Thorn felt Jennings was lacking a bit of match fitness. Hopefully by the end of next week he'll be in the starting XI. Thorn could have used Kilbane or Brown there though and put someone else in their spot. Maybe he thought the lad had done enough in training or pre-season to be given a run out?

Brown is dodgier than Cameron ever was; bring back Nathan quickly!

Sky_Blue_Ste

To be fair it's only what they did ith Gael last year & Cameron the year before - obviously Daniels wasn't ready though & should have come off earlier

Marty

The issue is that hes still making the same managerial mistakes as he was 12 months ago, I don't mind him getting things wrong as long as he learns from them, we spent all last season playing a formation which didn't suit us, and we've started the same way this season. Same basic errors in defence, lack of ability to change games when needed.
The coaching staff is made up of a goal keeper, 2 defenders and a defensive midfielder yet are unable to cut out the same errors or see they need plonk someone on the post. We have 11 players back for corners and still can't do the basics right, I still don't understand why we do that, leave 1 or 2 players at the half way line and at least it gives us the option to hit on the break. Just have to hope things improve as I can't see SISU wanting to pay out anything to get rid.

Grendel

The issue is that hes still making the same managerial mistakes as he was 12 months ago, I don't mind him getting things wrong as long as he learns from them, we spent all last season playing a formation which didn't suit us, and we've started the same way this season. Same basic errors in defence, lack of ability to change games when needed.
The coaching staff is made up of a goal keeper, 2 defenders and a defensive midfielder yet are unable to cut out the same errors or see they need plonk someone on the post. We have 11 players back for corners and still can't do the basics right, I still don't understand why we do that, leave 1 or 2 players at the half way line and at least it gives us the option to hit on the break. Just have to hope things improve as I can't see SISU wanting to pay out anything to get rid.

There is a suggestion he is on a months termination clause under his contract.

Users who are viewing this thread