Thorn In Alleged Off Camera Tirade (1 Viewer)

Jimthor

Quite possible that those getting in touch with Cov Mad are the ones BSing, rather than Cov Mad themselves. They're just reporting what people have told them. Could have been anyone saying that to them, feasibly not even Cov fans!

Hibbert

Dont get what the issue is anyway, stuff like that happens ALL the time at training grounds. If there was a pound for everytime a bust up happened at our training ground last season I'd probably have £700 quid to show for it.

Hibbert

Some of the shit one of my old managers used to do in the changing rooms , he would probably be locked up for.

Sounds a bit rude after I've re-read it.

blueskythinking

Well, frankly i rather he had said something like that than the positive spin in his CMR interview - can he really be 'satisfied' with a 'solid' performance, and he 'knew it'd come' okay like we'd just got three against man utd? I guess he's trying to build up player's confidence, maybe because this CovMad report was true?? but it wasn't a good performance was it? we don't seem to be able to string three passes together and have not threat.
Now i know it's chicken and egg with on-pitch/off-pitch stability but i don't want to feel patronised by Thorn telling me i'd seen a 'solid' performance.

kg82

Well, frankly i rather he had said something like that than the positive spin in his CMR interview - can he really be 'satisfied' with a 'solid' performance, and he 'knew it'd come' okay like we'd just got three against man utd? I guess he's trying to build up player's confidence, maybe because this CovMad report was true?? but it wasn't a good performance was it? we don't seem to be able to string three passes together and have not threat.
Now i know it's chicken and egg with on-pitch/off-pitch stability but i don't want to feel patronised by Thorn telling me i'd seen a 'solid' performance.

What's CMR?

Did we lose? I know we didn't score but pretty sure we didn't lose. Looked like a decent performance to me. I'd like 3 points but just because we didn't get them I'm not small minded enough to reject the notion that was a solid performance.

frosty

was definitely true - My wife & I heard it this morning - she later contacted the club & it has since been removed.

Was filmed between 2 interviews when Thorn thought camera was off. However it was uploaded to sky blues player as one video rather than the 2 separate ones it should have been. In fact the interviewer said to Thorn that it would be edited out - after first joking that it was enough of a quote what he'd said and would do!

ajh

Yeah, I saw this video earlier on skyblues player before it got taken down. I have to say, it doesn't reflect Andy Thorn in the best light. It was a pretty scathing outburst full of F'ing and blinding. It's hard to say how serious he was being, but still it's not what you want up in a video. Someone made a big error uploading it, obviously.

kg82

Shouldn't the title of the thread be "Thorn in alleged ON camera tirade" by the way?! How stupid of them to put it up.

Nick

Administrator
Yeah, I saw this video earlier on skyblues player before it got taken down. I have to say, it doesn't reflect Andy Thorn in the best light. It was a pretty scathing outburst full of F'ing and blinding. It's hard to say how serious he was being, but still it's not what you want up in a video. Someone made a big error uploading it, obviously.

What was he saying? Was it in jest?

cornoccfc

Fail to see how it could have been an accident?

Surely the team behind the website are technically minded.

SkyBlue_Bear83

No big deal look at this Redknapp out burst

[video=youtube;EOgTCbz-XmU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EOgTCbz-XmU[/video]

Things like this are probably always going on.

Hibbert

Cloughie used to hit his players , didn't do them any harm. Seriously, this type of stuff goes on all the time.

Macca

What's CMR?

Did we lose? I know we didn't score but pretty sure we didn't lose. Looked like a decent performance to me. I'd like 3 points but just because we didn't get them I'm not small minded enough to reject the notion that was a solid performance.

kind of see where BST is coming from on this. You could call it solid in some ways but there is still a lack of basic ability you would expect from professional footballers, control, passing etc. Mind you thats the chapionship all over, one step up from parks football

rob9872

O'Donovan - Pacey, works hard, no ability playing above his level
Eastwood - Lazy, frustrating, injury prone, not good enough
Platt - Lumpy slow cart-horse who would be lucky to play in League 2 redeeming feature he's big
Jeffers - young, raw, not bulky enough, doesn't seem to have but certainly needs to get out on loan and probably be shipped out
Juke - works hard, strong, looks short of confidence, doesn't score often enough, needs a partner

In truth as Andy put it, not too far away from the mark. You can't make a silk purse from a sow's ear.

Covstu

i totally agree Rob, our strikers cannot score = the proof of this is in our last 5 games!! The truth is that they are just not good enough, juke is the only credible player up there and he needs a goalscorer next to him.

Sky Blue Sheepy

As for those saying no chances created, I can remember at least 5 times Hussey/Christie beat their man and put good balls into the box - but we have no finishes except maybe Eastwood - who looked quite sharp despite being his first game back from a longish injury. Juke can't finish for shit, R'OD... Platt is kind of a poor man's Juke (does ok setting others up but no finisher himself) and the rest I've either forgotten about or are too young.
The performance itself pleased me - the finishing is dire.

Users who are viewing this thread