Thorn can't get away with all this scott Free.... (1 Viewer)

Grendel

He is not here so in a way he has got away with it. Even the most deluded of his followers would be struggling now.

Now some will say if only he is still here so he can continue his winless run (but he'd get the odd draw).

I wish he'd never set his eyes on the place - a huge factor in where we are now.

Tad

It's not just Thorn. The club stinks. It's everything. The trainers, the manager, the coach...

ajsccfc

Thorn should be blamed. Maybe we should fire him? Then people will stop obsessing over him.

Grendel

...but you forget he brought Dann, Whelan, Fox & Stuart Pearce to the club.

He recommended Ian Wallace as well - spotted him when he was 6 years old and when on a camping holiday in Scotland.

Otis

The worry for me is that he brought the wrong players in this season.

Seems like he has gone for skill and ability (Fleck, Jennings, Barton) when we have been crying out for passion and mental strength and a bit of fight.

The other thing missing is pace. AT identified that we needed pace and then proceeded to bring players in without any.

Nick

Administrator
I was no fan of Thorns but I do actually think on paper the players we have we should be up there...

cloughie

He recommended Ian Wallace as well - spotted him when he was 6 years old and when on a camping holiday in Scotland.

Grow up and get over it

you are now being pathetic

and no doubt I will receive a nother pathetic reply

Grendel

Grow up and get over it

you are now being pathetic

and no doubt I will receive a nother pathetic reply

Not as pathetic as those who give credit to the Great Scout for recruits that were made before he existed or players a bit long in the tooth to be scouted.

Get over it? It will take a long time to get over the wreckage he has left us with.

stupot07

The worry for me is that he brought the wrong players in this season.

Seems like he has gone for skill and ability (Fleck, Jennings, Barton) when we have been crying out for passion and mental strength and a bit of fight.

The other thing missing is pace. AT identified that we needed pace and then proceeded to bring players in without any.

I agree wholeheartedly with this Otis. I got derided for saying we needed a couple of "Doyle" type players.

BurbageSkyBlues

To blame Thorn for the state that the club and team is in, is very ill-considered.

There are plenty of others that have contributed more to the downfall of our club, and team.

Perhaps some of the 'supporters' should take a look at the influence that they have had, notably on the mindset of some players, and ultimately the confidence and desire of the whole team, over recent years. The attitude and behaviour of many has also driven away some of our fans.

Did anyone watch Real Madrid tonight?.....Real Madrid - real fans.....each time they went behind, they just got louder and louder in their support for their team. The result - they won 3-2. Compare that to our fans - after ten minutes we are hurling abuse at players at Yeovil. It is not an atmosphere that instills pride, for players or fans........

Gaz

Ah, the comfort blanket of a Thorn bashing after a defeat.

I can't believe that some just wont let this go.

dongonzalos

Just plain funny.
Andy, we will back you here is 9 new players.
W away, D away, D home, D home, defeats 0, ends in the sack.
Team then has 1 win and 4 defeats.
Who is to blame for this yep Andy thorn.
I can see your logic, thousands wouldn't

Grendel

To blame Thorn for the state that the club and team is in, is very ill-considered.

There are plenty of others that have contributed more to the downfall of our club, and team.

Perhaps some of the 'supporters' should take a look at the influence that they have had, notably on the mindset of some players, and ultimately the confidence and desire of the whole team, over recent years. The attitude and behaviour of many has also driven away some of our fans.

Did anyone watch Real Madrid tonight?.....Real Madrid - real fans.....each time they went behind, they just got louder and louder in their support for their team. The result - they won 3-2. Compare that to our fans - after ten minutes we are hurling abuse at players at Yeovil. It is not an atmosphere that instills pride, for players or fans........

Lets see Real Madrid in the 3rd tier of Spanish football and losing 4 - 0 to some no hope team and let's see how forgiving their fans would be then.

stupot07

Just plain funny.

I sympathised with Thorn and was accused numerous time of being a Thorn Apologist, but even I think he's brought in the wrong types of players/characters.

Grendel

Just plain funny.

No you wouldn't. Oh and remember that 3 games were away and not against Dagenham and Redbridge so they would have been defeats - of course he is to blame - his squad, his backroom staff and his culture is embedded all over the place. What a disaster he has been. Yes I want to move on - I want to forget he ever existed.

BurbageSkyBlues

Lets see Real Madrid in the 3rd tier of Spanish football and losing 4 - 0 to some no hope team and let's see how forgiving their fans would be then.
Perhaps they would not drop that low in the first place, because their fans support them when it is needed, rather than get on their backs?

BurbageSkyBlues

Your comparing Real Madrid fans with all their success, world class stars and manager so ours? :eek:
You could argue that given their stature, their success and their history, then their expectations would be greater, so their fans would be equally entitled to bemoan them when they are losing. It's all relative?

Grendel

Perhaps they would not drop that low in the first place, because their fans support them when it is needed, rather than get on their backs?

In the 80's I used to have a friend at uni who supported Newcastle. If you think our fans are unforgiving you should have seen the abuse they handed out. Don't suppose they are now though.

Brighton Sky Blue

This club has achieved nothing in over 40 years, barring a one off in 1987. No other club has such a prolonged record of non achievement and frankly, that people are still willing to go in the first place is something to be commended.

JulianDarbyFTW

Out of interest, do people think we would have lost all 4 of these league games under Thorn? I don't, although I am in no way saying that he should have stayed.

We had 9 new players, then halfway through pre-season we try a new funky formation, then revert back to the diamond (this suggests the players were brought in without full consideration of how they would fit into the team). The manager then gets sacked. If I'm one of the 9 I'm worried a) about what formation I'm supposed to fit into, b) whether a new manager will like me, and c) why the crowd are so hostile and / or apathetic. This is compounded by Shaw trying 3 different tactics / styles of formation in the 4 games. It's no wonder we're losing really.

Nonleagueherewecome

Thought Jennings was meant to be a Doyle-type? He looked that in the first few games and was good against Sheff U, but since then has looked miles off match fitness. Barton also still looks miles off fitness. Do they do any running in training?!

Martin180

Doyle ? Fuck me, if he is the sort of player we need perhaps most of our fans should go watch the "Butts " at the weekend

Typical love for an untalented player by city fans , McDonald seems to be this seasons player in vogue ...........

Cows arse and banjo comes to mind .................

Users who are viewing this thread