THORN: Bumper crowd will be 'major boost' (1 Viewer)

Coventry La La La

0,,10269~10096646,00.png

Coventry City manager Andy Thorn hopes to see the future off the pitch as well as on it when the Sky Blues meet Peterborough this weekend.

The club is giving any supporters who are under 16 the opportunity to buy tickets for just £1.

Thorn said he hoped the Kids for a Quid offer would mean more youngsters in the ground and therefore a bumper Easter crowd to cheer on his team who have won six out of their last nine league games at home.

The Sky Blues boss said:
"When you look at the players on the pitch, many of them could form the future of this club for years to come. Jordan Clarke, Conor Thomas, Cyrus Christie and Gael Bigirimana have all come up through the academy and have come of age this season.

"And, generally, we have a young squad compared to most and that bodes well for the future of the club.

"I am a big believer that supporters want to see young, talented players given a chance to shine - especially those who have come up through the ranks.

0,,10269~10597327,00.png

"Hopefully on Saturday, there will be more of our younger supporters there to see us play and having more fans inside the Ricoh Arena will be a major boost. As I've said all along this season, our fans have been unbelievable and their part in our recent run of results should not be underestimated.

"They have really stuck by me and the players and, together, we've put ourselves in a much stronger position than many thought possible just before Christmas.

"None of us can rest on that. We've given ourselves a great opportunity but there are still six games to go and we have to make sure we pick up as many points as possible between now and the end of the season to make sure all of our hard work to this point pays off.

"Having the fans behind us on Saturday - just as they have been all season - can play a massive part in that and it will be great to build another fantastic atmosphere inside the Ricoh."

Up to four kids for a quid tickets can be bought by a fully paying adult or concession, including Season Ticket holders, by logging onto www.ccfcshop.co.uk, by visiting the ticket office a the Ricoh Arena or the City Central store, or by calling 0844 873 1883.

0,,10269~10623534,00.png

Last edited:

SkyBlue_Bear83

First thing that came to my mind when I entered this thread was the empty seats behind Thorn and Gael. We really need a good crowd on Saturday, like 17k or so.

Astute

With our recent run, the position we are in and it being a bank goliday weekend I would hope for closer to 20k

Otis

:thinking about:Ummmmm ........... no .... :thinking about:

The more players we sell the bigger the crowds are? Is that how it works.

If so we should be having 32,500 every week.

pusbccfc

If we don't get 15000 that's AWFUL!
I don't get where the fans are for these games?

For example Reading at home last season (I know it was the last H of the season) was over 20,000 for a nothing game?

Then

We Play on saturday against peterborough and we will prob only get 14000!

coundonskyblue

Forest have done something clever for their televised match on Saturday, tickets for £10 only in the stand that faces the tv cameras. We on the other hand point the cameras at the most empty stand!

Otis

Not sure Beckham will be too pleased about that to be honest.

You will be doing the rest of the nation a favour though.

Users who are viewing this thread