This seasons transfer window (2 Viewers)

Saddlebrains

With Ronaldo apparently off to city, the 3 biggest stars in world football could all be moving in the same window.

Messi to PSG
Mbappe to Real Madrid
Ronaldo to City.

Has this ever happened before? Im struggling to think so.

shows covid hasn't affected fuck all for these rich clubs

skybluegod

I'd be amazed if Ronaldo goes to Man city, would be very interesting if he does! I also don't see Mbappe going Madrid this summer simply because PSG are demanding so much for a player who can sign on a pre-contract in 4 months!

Still think the financial impact can be seen everywhere except Man City and PSG mind you. Madrid have made only one signing since January 2020 haven't they? Alaba? Then they have offloaded about 140 million worth of players in that time and let Ramos go for free all so they could afford Mbappe. Read an interesting article in the athletic about Perez's obsession with getting Mbappe, hence he has let Varane, Ramos etc go without replacing them.

And obviously PSG could only get Messi because Barca are so fucked. Think you are right in that the two mega rich haven't been effected mind you.

Last edited:

AOM

I'd be amazed if Ronaldo goes to Man city, would be very interesting if it does! I also don't see Mbappe going Madrid this summer simply because psg are demanding so much for a player to can sign on a pre-contract in 4 months!

Still think the financial impact can be seen everywhere except Man City and PSG mind you. Madrid have made only one signing since January 2020 haven't they? Alaba? Then they have offloaded about 140 million worth of players in that time and let Ramos go for free all so they could afford Mbappe. Read an interesting article in the athletic about Perez's obsession with getting Mbappe, hence he has let Varane, Ramos etc go without replacing them.

And obviously PSG could only get Messi because Barca are so fucked. Think you are right in that the two mega rich haven't been effected mind you.

Yep, read yesterday that Barcelona are also asking some of their players to take pay cuts.
I think a lot of La Liga teams are in trouble, hence probably why Real and Barca are still clinging on to the Super League thing.

SHFTF

skybluegod

Yep, read yesterday that Barcelona are also asking some of their players to take pay cuts.
I think a lot of La Liga teams are in trouble, hence probably why Real and Barca are still clinging on to the Super League thing.

SHFTF

Yeah they asked all of their 'captains' to take a paycut about a month ago, it was only because Pique agreed that they were able to register their signings for this summer.

Reactions: AOM

stay_up_skyblues

I'd be amazed if Ronaldo goes to Man city, would be very interesting if he does! I also don't see Mbappe going Madrid this summer simply because PSG are demanding so much for a player who can sign on a pre-contract in 4 months!

It’s almost more fool Real for offering £140m odd for a player they can get for free in a year rather than PSG for rejecting it. Bizarre if Spanish football is as fucked as they say, or actually hard evidence as to why!!

skybluegod

It’s almost more fool Real for offering £140m odd for a player they can get for free in a year rather than PSG for rejecting it. Bizarre if Spanish football is as fucked as they say, or actually hard evidence as to why!!

To me I think it's Perez trying to placate the fans more than anything. I have a feeling it was a Win-win for him the bid. If they accept he gets a world-class player. They reject it, then at least the fans can see you have tried to spend substantial money and there is a reason he has let high-profile players go.

But I agree it's very bizzare they clearly aren't learning their lessons.

Reactions: AOM

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

My dislike for Man City is growing more and more. Pep is just being a baby after spending about a billion, Klopp at Liverpool is also constantly throwing his toys out of the pram. I just don't enjoy the Premier League at all.

As for La Liga, those two clubs are totally fucked and have destroyed the league anyway.

Viva la championship!

Saddlebrains

My dislike for Man City is growing more and more. Pep is just being a baby after spending about a billion, Klopp at Liverpool is also constantly throwing his toys out of the pram. I just don't enjoy the Premier League at all.

As for La Liga, those two clubs are totally fucked and have destroyed the league anyway.

Viva la championship!

Big fan of the bundesliga i am

TomRad85

Viva la championship!
I despise what the Premier League has become yet obviously I want us to be in it.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

skybluegod

Viva la championship!

I agree except about klopp, he's probably one of the more sensible coaches in my book. He has his views which you can either agree with or not, but his fundamental beliefs about how football should be played and building a squad is rather refreshing. And compared to the rest of the top 6 their net spend in the last 5 years is quite low.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

I agree except about klopp, he's probably one of the more sensible coaches in my book. He has his views which you can either agree with or not, but his fundamental beliefs about how football should be played and building a squad is rather refreshing. And compared to the rest of the top 6 their net spend in the last 5 years is quite low.

I thought he was quite refreshing when he first came over but now it feels to me like he is just a whining bastard. He well and truly has adopted the Liverpool mentality.

Liquid Gold

Remember when Liverpool were the only club to ever have had injuries and the PL were being super unfair by making htem play a Christmas schedule that no other team had to play.

Fuck them all.

Brighton Sky Blue

Oh thought I read that they were somehow

They can all tell his agent they're interested but you can't offer a contract without the club's permission until 6 months before expiry. They signed him for nearly £100 mill so even with just a year left he still won't be cheap

Terry Gibson's perm

They can all tell his agent they're interested but you can't offer a contract without the club's permission until 6 months before expiry. They signed him for nearly £100 mill so even with just a year left he still won't be cheap

He will be under £30 million they want him off the books. This is a good signing for Man City and if they don’t get him I can see PSG trying.

Users who are viewing this thread