this rent bollocks (1 Viewer)

ricohman

Does anyone agree with me that sisu possibly have the 1.2 million stored away and will produce it right before the deadline.

I honestly think sisu are just playing games with acl and enjoying every minute of it regardless of what the fans are being put through.

Grendel

Does anyone agree with me that sisu possibly have the 1.2 million stored away and will produce it right before the deadline.

I honestly think sisu are just playing games with acl and enjoying every minute of it regardless of what the fans are being put through.

They certainly won't be paying that much. Why should they? We need a sensible rent. Some clubs who operate in council run projects seem to pay hardly anything. It's a joke.

wolfie

I think sisu are right to hold back from paying those ridiculas high rent charges. I would go as far as saying sisu would be better off building there own stadium rather than get stitched up on the rent. The Ricoh arena is nothing without ccfc. Just a shame the local council would not give planning permission for a new, but basic stadium.

ccfcway

I think sisu are right to hold back from paying those ridiculas high rent charges. I would go as far as saying sisu would be better off building there own stadium rather than get stitched up on the rent. The Ricoh arena is nothing without ccfc. Just a shame the local council would not give planning permission for a new, but basic stadium.

hmmm,

a perm roof on the stadium would easily make it the biggest indoor arena in the midlands, in fact, possibly the whole UK. It could quite easily be a major rival to the difficult to get to NIA.

I wouldnt say it would be their 1st choice, but to say the Ricoh is nothing without CCFC is just wrong. We need them just as much, if not more than they need us.

They are on their "Plan B", which is to take us to court and liquidate if needs be. Our plan B is Hinkley or Northamptonshire

Last edited:

Grendel

hmmm,

a perm roof on the stadium would easily make it the biggest indoor arena in the midlands, in fact, possibly the whole UK. It could quite easily be a major rival to the difficult to get to NIA.

I wouldnt say it would be their 1st choice, but to say the Ricoh is nothing without CCFC is just wrong. We need them just as much, if not more than they need us.

They are on their "Plan B", which is to take us to court and liquidate if needs be. Our plan B is Hinkley or Northamptonshire

A roof would cost a collosal amount of money.

BurbageSkyBlues

A roof would cost a collosal amount of money.

About the same as the rent that is owing?

Or what about £700k per year lost rent going forward? ( the difference between the current rent and the new deal offered by AcL ( approximately, before you pick on details...)

stupot07

It is interesting when you think about it....

When the deal was first agreed we were the only guaranteed income stream, and other than scoping exercises and business plans ACL had no sea exactly how many events, exhibitions, concerts, etc they would attract and how much that would bring in, so at the beginning it probably made sense that ccfc rent was about 80% of the income.

nowhowever the Ricoh is more established and ccfc's rent is only 17% of income, and ACL say they are no longer reliant on us.

ccfcway

currently our rent is "0%" of their incomes, as we arent paying it and havent been for months

Tonylinc

I have a problem with the fact that the rent does not appear to have been an issue at the outset when Sisu first bought the club (as evidenced by the fact that no negotiations were entered into) but now appears to be a major issue, no doubt as a result of our relegation.

well acl cant be doing that bad they just got a new tv and stand in the car park to replace the other "temporary" one. didnt gidney say they had to turn exhibitions away due to lack of hotel rooms in the area and they got rid of office space to build more hotel rooms. to add to the massive offer to sisu last week, if theyre in money trouble acl are playing a good game of calling bluff

Last edited:

Grendel

About the same as the rent that is owing?

Or what about £700k per year lost rent going forward? ( the difference between the current rent and the new deal offered by AcL ( approximately, before you pick on details...)

The roof at Wimbledon I believe cost £15 million

Black6Osprey

It is interesting when you think about it....

When the deal was first agreed we were the only guaranteed income stream, and other than scoping exercises and business plans ACL had no sea exactly how many events, exhibitions, concerts, etc they would attract and how much that would bring in, so at the beginning it probably made sense that ccfc rent was about 80% of the income.

nowhowever the Ricoh is more established and ccfc's rent is only 17% of income, and ACL say they are no longer reliant on us.

Totally agree. Now we only contribute 17% we should only contribute a similar level of rent compared to mortgage and running costs.

What is the current mortgage payment? I would assume under the current contract we would be paying the vast majority. Has anyone got a factual figure?

stupot07

I have a problem with the fact that the rent does not appear to have been an issue at the outset when Sisu first bought the club (as evidenced by the fact that no negotiations were entered into) but now appears to be a major issue, no doubt as a result of our relegation.

Tbh Tony, I think they would be trying to renegotiate the rent even if we were still in the championship.

wingy

Tbh Tony, I think they would be trying to renegotiate the rent even if we were still in the championship.

Fisher did say on CWR when it all kicked Off "Hell I'll pay a Championship rent if needs be".

That would be Circa £300k.,take off income stream offered £100k. ,Add in running costs £250K.,you have the basis of a deal.

Sky Blue Kid

Tonylinc....

I've been saying exactly the same....and Ricoman...absolutely agree, and many more millions hidden in the Caymen Islands.
I don't care how many of you say they have paid out millions of pounds I think there is far more millions hidden.

Grendel

State of the art retractable one.i think the Richard retractable one was going to cost 20 mil. No idea how much cheaper it is for a fixed one.

What about the required air conditioning to go with it?

Mucca Mad Boys

What are the fans being put through!? CCFC is not going to cease to exist - neither side wants that! CCFC won't leave the RICOH - ACL don't want that and there are no viable altrnatives.

It doesn't take a half intelligent person to realise that CCFC is not in danger.

Grendel

What are the fans being put through!? CCFC is not going to cease to exist - neither side wants that! CCFC won't leave the RICOH - ACL don't want that and there are no viable altrnatives.

It doesn't take a half intelligent person to realise that CCFC is not in danger.

Ricohman I am sure is an ACL employee. Looks like it might be getting hot in the ACL kitchen. Good.

Brighton Sky Blue

No, but for TF to be acting the way he is and saying the things he does, doesn't sit well with me. It doesn't matter that it won't happen, all outsiders see is his stupid comments and stories along the lines of 'Coventry considering Hinckley move', and that reflects extremely badly on the club.

coundonskyblue

<p>
They certainly won't be paying that much. Why should they? We need a sensible rent. Some clubs who operate in council run projects seem to pay hardly anything. It's a joke.

Whether the rent is too high or not is frankly irrelevant. If it goes to court ccfc dont have a leg to stand on & will be ordered to pay all outstanding rent. End of.

Grendel

<p>

Whether the rent is too high or not is frankly irrelevant. If it goes to court ccfc dont have a leg to stand on & will be ordered to pay all outstanding rent. End of.

Or they could wind the club up. Perhaps that will make you happy.

Mr T - Sukka!

hmmm,

I don't see how it could be the biggest indoor arena in the UK, the Millenium Stadium in Cardiff has a capacity of 72,500. That has a retractable roof.

chiefdave

How on earth is the NIA difficult to get to, it's less than a mile from New Street, serviced by all the buses into Brum city centre and has loads of parking. I would say it's way ahead of the Rioch in terms of how easy it is to get to.

Grendel

How on earth is the NIA difficult to get to, it's less than a mile from New Street, serviced by all the buses into Brum city centre and has loads of parking. I would say it's way ahead of the Rioch in terms of how easy it is to get to.

It's also a lot easier to exit at the end as well.

Users who are viewing this thread