This might get NTFC fans angry enough to try a stop this groundshare going ahead? (1 Viewer)

It says in the FL rules that that in a ground share situation the team from the higher competition takes precedence of fixtures so this would be us - so on the 15 or some times we clash they (NTFC) would have to play on a alternative date (I'm guessing either the Fri/Sun)...I know this has been touched on before, and I understand that the NTFC have 'allegedly' been told that this will not happen by the FL - well if it has been agreed by the FL to break their own rules surely there is a potential challenge from us? and if the games are to switch surely NTFC fans would want this to stop, either way it could put some pressure on the decision...

mattylad

which is why they stated its a rental agreement and not a ground share, that said the league rules dont rrecognise rentals but we shall see if they circumvent there own rules again!

surely you just can not go around renting grounds to play league games? the FL need to grow a pair, maybe the Trust should get a lawyer on to this and turn the heat up, make some sort of challenge to see how robust their agreement (rental) is?

which is why they stated its a rental agreement and not a ground share, that said the league rules dont rrecognise rentals but we shall see if they circumvent there own rules again!

chiefdave

its a law v FL rule situation again. as far as I'm aware you can't legally have a contract to groundshare you would have some form of lease or rental agreement. the FL are the ones that use the groundshare term and they use it to cover all situations where 2 teams are using the same ground so, according to their rules, it would be Northampton that have to change their fixtures but bear in mind the FL will already be breaking their own rules in allowing CCFC to play in Northampton so I'm sure they won't be too fussed about ignoring this one as well.

lordsummerisle

surely you just can not go around renting grounds to play league games? the FL need to grow a pair, maybe the Trust should get a lawyer on to this and turn the heat up, make some sort of challenge to see how robust their agreement (rental) is?

Pretty much what we've been doing since we moved into the Ricoh isn't it?

skybluericoh

I'm sure SISU would honer any agreement they made with NTFC, they have a great track record when it comes to fulling rental agreements for grounds don't they?

Users who are viewing this thread