Things that are wrong with football thread (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator

Yes, people will say how it's a great gesture. It would have been if it was a Chelsea fan doing it and not somebody for an opposition player.

Self Explanatory.

CJ_covblaze

no_loyalty

He does it regularly, his mates call him pissy pants

CJ_covblaze

I'd have just untucked my jacket from my jogging bottoms to cover it ;)

From those pics it looks like the 4 gentlemen queued up thinking it was the line to get on to Jeremy Kyle's stage*.

*I'm not saying you would go on there Nick!

ccfcway

1. Wages in the top flight - money goes straight out of football
2. Agents fees - money goes straight out of football
3. Diving - Its cheating !
4. Talking back to the ref - It should be an automatic red card, that would stop it very quickly
5. Game management - A new phrase that is basically "tactics"
6. The High Press - A new phrase that is basically "closing down the keeper"
7. Ticket prices in general
8. Not being trusted with taking a beer in a plastic cup to your seat
9. Parachute payments should not be used to buy more players and try and get back up. The payment should be money ringfenced for wages of existing players on the books at the time of relegation.

I can suspect that in 6 months from now, I will be adding another one.......

10. Players making a television signal to get the ref to look at the VAR

CJ_covblaze

4. Talking back to the ref - It should be an automatic red card, that would stop it very quickly
9. Parachute payments should not be used to buy more players and try and get back up. The payment should be money ringfenced for wages of existing players on the books at the time of relegation.

Conte’s already doing number 10 so I doubt it’s going to take long until players do it too.

Clarrie Bourton 87

Yes and just on point 9 aswell for all the knock on effects to the additional staff, like ticket office staff and others that lose their jobs etc... due to the effects of relegation. I don’t think a lot gets considered for the wider staff implications? I’m not particularly sure what happens.

steve82

Agents or intermediaries as they are now called.

Why do players in L1 downwards need one?
The PFA should run a course and have a basic template of how to negotiate a contract.

Agents are killing the game and its filtering down the system into non league and youth levels.

They have too much power in football.

Gazolba

Personally I hate the Ibrahimovic or Bale type hairstyles with the little bob on top. Looks so poncy.
If it wasn't for that, there'd be nothing wrong with the game at all ..... well apart from the diving, biting, spitting, kicking, punching, elbowing,
poor referees, muddy pitches, overpriced ticket prices, racist fans, ridiculous transfer fees, greedy agents, foreign owners, BBC videos that can't be watched outside the UK,
and inedible pies.

Liquid Gold

Parachute payments should be scrapped in favour of enforcing a wage reduction of a minimum X% when relegated. That way clubs don't go bankrupt on wages and if a player is unhappy with it he can force a transfer. Parachute payments just allow recently relegated clubs to keep players better than the level they're at and give them an edge. It's no wonder clubs lose bucket loads of money trying to be competitive in the Championship.

Covstu

The lack of a physical challenge in the game now. Nothing like a good solid tackle but just hardly happens in our game now.

The European cups - why do the need to have groups rather than a straight knock out, never Mind who actually qualifies for these things

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

The lack of a physical challenge in the game now. Nothing like a good solid tackle but just hardly happens in our game now.

Drives me mad when I watch the FL highlights show, you see a good solid fair crunching tackle where they win the ball, the player tackled rolls around,10 team mates run in half at the tackler grabbing his throat other half to ref, pointing at the stricken player and the ref shows the red!

Last edited:

Nick

Administrator
Jesse lingard or however you spell it. I'd pay money to 2 foot him and do one of his stupid dances while he gets stretchered off

CJ_covblaze

Jesse lingard or however you spell it. I'd pay money to 2 foot him and do one of his stupid dances while he gets stretchered off

He’s having a great season but the dancing and dabbing shit is annoying. Same as Pogba.

clint van damme

The European cups - why do the need to have groups rather than a straight knock out, never Mind who actually qualifies for these things

they could turn the Europa league into a cracking competition overnight. Straight draw, no seeding, over 2 legs, just like the old days, would be great.

covmark

they could turn the Europa league into a cracking competition overnight. Straight draw, no seeding, over 2 legs, just like the old days, would be great.
Absolutely agree. Trying to turn it into the Champions League 'lite' was a monumentally shite idea.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Covstu

I hate the media and general hype around football. Stories out of nothing, cannot wait to stick in the knife. It’s just dull, predictable and boring

CJ_covblaze

a man with a chainsaw at the side of the pitch, what could possible go wrong?

Liam Ridgewell has spoken about that in the past. Everytime someone scores for Portland they get a bit of the log. He said his biggest problem is getting them home as he only gets 20kg :emoji_laughing:

CJ_covblaze

The expected goals statistic. Yesterday it was West Brom 0.73-0.89 Southampton. The game had five goals. How does that work?!

Users who are viewing this thread