They really will try anything (1 Viewer)

http://www.ccfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10269~2620787,00.html

So instead of us getting 100% of the Cashback, SISU take half.

Astonishing. It wouldn't be too bad a marketing ploy if we didn't hold such ill feeling toward the owners. Lets face it any money received through this will not be invested, but will be going straight to SISU.

Anyone remember Orange Ken saying SISU have agreed to fund us to the end of the season? I wonder what will happen after the last match if they haven't agreed a deal?

Nick

Administrator
Straight forward Affiliate Setup. That's why it is called Support Our Club and not Quidco.. :)

smileycov

Facebook User
Not sure what the problem with this is to be honest?

Make sense to me, we are not the only club doing it

torchomatic

Storm. Tea cup.

Good idea. I would rather it went to CCFC than anyone else. Quite a few clubs do it. Libraries too.

SkyBlueScottie

Astonishing. It wouldn't be too bad a marketing ploy if we didn't hold such ill feeling toward the owners. Lets face it any money received through this will not be invested, but will be going straight to SISU.

Anyone remember Orange Ken saying SISU have agreed to fund us to the end of the season? I wonder what will happen after the last match if they haven't agreed a deal?

Support our club..... does it need explaining further?

Godiva

My problem is that it will go to the owners and not the club.

Why do you think the money goes to the owners and not the club? Have you any evidence to support it?
In fact - have you any evidence that sisu have taken ANY money out in the four years they have been here?

The new scheme goes a little way to strengthen the clubs business case. We have for quite a long time blasted sisu for not trying to increase the revenue streams - to be more inventive in getting this club to break-even. All too much of their work till now have been about cutting costs, very little about increasing revenues.

Last edited by a moderator:

Grendel

Godiva-sisu Yes man.

Not really he just speaks the truth and raises issues that are never really discussed.
What is that supporters actually want from the owners. SISU to me have failed in the following areas;

Communication - Shocking at this. Never tried to develop an affinity with supporters and so never really have understood the unique elements of a football club
Commercial and Marketing Activity - Poor. Ranson claimed to be a succesful businessman but he failed abysmally in improving the clubs marketing and commercial strategy.

However I hate to say it but in terms of investment what do people expect. Even now the club still seems to be losing money. So despite losing money every year the accusation is that they are not pumping more money in. Well unfortunately that is their perogative. I wouldn't and frankly if I was impartial I would have closed the place down.

We have no assets, no supporters for the size of the city and a long history of failure. As an investment opportunity we are about as attractive as Rover were when BMW purchased them. An utter disaster.

If we had 32,000 people in the ground every week and still refused to build a team this of course would be a different discussion. We are not. We are a commercial basket case.

If people want to improve the situation go and support the team - put some money in and see what happens.

Tonylinc

Not really he just speaks the truth and raises issues that are never really discussed.
What is that supporters actually want from the owners. SISU to me have failed in the following areas;

Communication - Shocking at this. Never tried to develop an affinity with supporters and so never really have understood the unique elements of a football club
Commercial and Marketing Activity - Poor. Ranson claimed to be a succesful businessman but he failed abysmally in improving the clubs marketing and commercial strategy.

However I hate to say it but in terms of investment what do people expect. Even now the club still seems to be losing money. So despite losing money every year the accusation is that they are not pumping more money in. Well unfortunately that is their perogative. I wouldn't and frankly if I was impartial I would have closed the place down.

We have no assets, no supporters for the size of the city and a long history of failure. As an investment opportunity we are about as attractive as Rover were when BMW purchased them. An utter disaster.

If we had 32,000 people in the ground every week and still refused to build a team this of course would be a different discussion. We are not. We are a commercial basket case.

If people want to improve the situation go and support the team - put some money in and see what happens.
Exactly! and therein lies the problem for GH and his group.....No wonder it is taking so long to get a deal in place.

Tonylinc

They are sticking around because they still believe that they can get their "investment", back. You have to remember that they are a hedge fund ie. they have no money of their own, it is all investors money and they cannot be seen to lose it all. What would that do for their future buiness?.....Yes, not a lot. If they can somehow be seen to be making a profit from CCFC then they will be happy. As I see it the only weapon they have is the option to purchase a share of the Ricoh and it looks like they are making the most of it.

canleykid

They won't get the ricoh cos like u said they don't have there own money so i go back to my point of why do they stick around

Tonylinc

They are sticking around because they beleive that the "option", gives them bargaining power in the talks with GH. It does not of course; BUT that is their position.

shmmeee

Or they are sticking around because the only other option is to go bust and lose all their money and GH is the one waiting it out to drive the price down.

Thing is we don't know either.

Oh and OP is whinging about nothing. Stick to the things the owners actually do wrong, no need to invent grievances.

Sent from my laptop using my fingers.

Grendel

It still puzzles me why sisu stick around when things are so bad

Good job they have for now or we may have made Portsmouth look financially solid.

cloughie

Godiva's "truth" is not always factually backed, often his opinion.

Yet sadly the other areas are a hard swallow to take yet true, but GH consortium are still in there, so still hope

J

Jack Griffin

Godiva's "truth" is not always factually backed, often his opinion.

Actually I find what he does most is point out where others who've posted something as facts have actually made suppositions based on no facts at all.

I've seen no evidence of him making stuff up, and what's wrong with opinion, as long as it is posted as such, I often post my thoughts about what may be going on, but I don't present my opinion as fact.

lordsummerisle

Sounds like a nefarious Nectar style scheme to me, utter, utter bastards.

Never shopping at Sainsbury's again, apparently all the money I spend there goes directly to the shareholders.

wingy

Anyone ever have one of the CCFC credit cards issued through MBNA ,been running since we moved into the Ricoh at minmum ,believe 0.1 p. in the pound goes to the club ,bet that generated enough to buy Sky blue Sams outfit since its inception ,anyway if any of you have ,if you'd like to give me your pin no,i'll make sure Sisu recieve a hefty donation,trust me its not a ponzy deal,it will all be evident in the transparent Sisu/CCFC accounts ,due in the near future.:D

Users who are viewing this thread