They need a presence at the Ricoh Arena. (1 Viewer)

Snozz_is_god

They need a presence at the Ricoh Arena.

At the moment if you're old school and don't use the internet, the only place to physically buy tickets is Gallagher retail park.

Surely they need a presence at the Ricoh, even if it's just for selling ticket

How hard is it to have a couple of portable booths, one outside the Ricoh, one in the town centre.

Nick

Administrator
It depends what you want the booths to do, it will need decent internet access back to wherever the main server is and for the card machine etc. It will need a ticket printer as well as be secure enough for cash as well as somebody to sit in there all day on the off chance somebody might come past.

Otis

They need a presence at the Ricoh Arena.

At the moment if you're old school and don't use the internet, the only place to physically buy tickets is Gallagher retail park.

Surely they need a presence at the Ricoh, even if it's just for selling ticket

How hard is it to have a couple of portable booths, one outside the Ricoh, one in the town centre.

They have a portable booth outside the Ricoh for tomorrow. Can't see any reason why they can't have that say Wednesday - Saturday leading up to games too.

Snozz_is_god

It depends what you want the booths to do, it will need decent internet access back to wherever the main server is and for the card machine etc. It will need a ticket printer as well as be secure enough for cash as well as somebody to sit in there all day on the off chance somebody might come past.

it's not rocket science and as Otis pointed out there's one outside the Ricoh tomorrow.

In the town, I'd place it outside the Transport Museum. Just an idea like....

Covstu

i think they tried the city centre one before and it didnt pick up as much trade. If they just get the website in working order then thats a start!!

chiefdave

The Ricoh must sell tickets for other things but I think they use Ticket Factory. Given the shambles our system has been maybe they could look into moving to that and everything they need would already be up there.

torchomatic

Well, it was never a shambles before so I'm sure once the shine has gone off our return then things will return to normal.

chiefdave

Well, it was never a shambles before so I'm sure once the shine has gone off our return then things will return to normal.

The ticket office has always been OK but online has never been great. Since they started using this system its never worked properly in IE and thinks like the email confirmations have never appeared. Not sure if its the system itself or them not having it setup properly. Given the % of internet users that use IE how many try a couple of times and then give up? Not everyone is going to think I'll just try it in Firefox or Chrome.

torchomatic

YOu could be right. I can't recall too many moans about it though when we were still at the Ricoh.

The ticket office has always been OK but online has never been great. Since they started using this system its never worked properly in IE and thinks like the email confirmations have never appeared. Not sure if its the system itself or them not having it setup properly. Given the % of internet users that use IE how many try a couple of times and then give up? Not everyone is going to think I'll just try it in Firefox or Chrome.

stupot07

I disagree. As long as they have a presence at the Ricoh on matchdays it is ok at the Gallagher.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

torchomatic

YEs,. my thoughts also.

I disagree. As long as they have a presence at the Ricoh on matchdays it is ok at the Gallagher.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

torchomatic

Makes no difference to us. We don't live in Cov anyway so we pass the Gallagher on the way. Gallagher is easier to park too. I think the location is less important than the amount of people serving, etc.

yup, annoying we cant get tickets from the ricoh anymore.

covcity4life

Is that because you live near the Ricoh?

well obviously. also the ground where we play is kinda like...there.

Makes no difference to us. We don't live in Cov anyway so we pass the Gallagher on the way. Gallagher is easier to park too. I think the location is less important than the amount of people serving, etc.

maybe less important but makes sense to me to have the ground as a central hub.

theferret

Agree. The issue for me is why, given that they've hardly sold a ticket all week, are there still queues of 1 hour? ST renewals I imagine, but then just put more staff on?

stupot07

well obviously. also the ground where we play is kinda like...there.

maybe less important but makes sense to me to have the ground as a central hub.

What's the point of having the ground as the central hub, when you only have footfall and potential customers 3-4 days per month on matchdays? The only reason I went to the Ricoh was to watch us play or buy a ticket, I'm often up at the Gallagher shopping, and always pop in the shop whilst I'm there.

The most ideal place would arena shopping centre - accessible, lots of footfall and near the Ricoh, but also very very expensive to rent.

covcity4life

What's the point of having the ground as the central hub, when you only have footfall and potential customers 3-4 days per month on matchdays? The only reason I went to the Ricoh was to watch us play or buy a ticket, I'm often up at the Gallagher shopping, and always pop in the shop whilst I'm there.

do you shop and think oooooooh ill go watch some football this week?

i doubt it. if people want a ticket they will make a trip to ticket office.

we are only there cos got kicked out of ricoh rememebr. it wasnt a marketing decision to make the superstore.

Nick

Administrator

we are only there cos got kicked out of ricoh rememebr. it wasnt a marketing decision to make the superstore.

No but I go to Pets at Home to get something and pop into the city shop for a look (not that they have anything in terms of shirts).

It is easier to park at Gallagher too.

shy_tall_knight

I was gobsmacked when I went to Gallagher this week, 2 staffing manning a shop with hardly any stock to sell, 2 on the ticket office, 1 went for lunch leaving a single person. In my 30 mins wait 3 or 4 people left before being served. Most were buying matchday tickets, I was trying to pick up my ST. Where was the communication to tell me my ST was available but I would get tickets for PNE & Yeovil, I was expecting them to be delivered but was in the area so called in. Its great to be back at the Ricoh, the staff are working hard at short notice but can't help thinking it could have been so much better.

stupot07

Not really, I usually buy online, however the kids do pester me to buy them merchandise, so yes it's good for that. Most clubs have superstores these days.

And so in your argument, if people want a ticket and take a trip to the ticket office, what's the difference between going to the Ricoh or going to the Gallagher other than you live near the Ricoh?

covcity4life

No but I go to Pets at Home to get something and pop into the city shop for a look (not that they have anything in terms of shirts).

It is easier to park at Gallagher too.

mate you did a trip to northampton every fortnight last season, i think you would find anything comfortable :)

anyway seems the usual trolls are looking to start an argument, all i said was i would like some sort of presence at ricoh, didnt ask for superstore to be shut down.

wasnt there a time we could buy tickets from ground and city centre? sure there was.

Nick

Administrator
mate you did a trip to northampton every fortnight last season, i think you would find anything comfortable :)

anyway seems the usual trolls are looking to start an argument, all i said was i would like some sort of presence at ricoh, didnt ask for superstore to be shut down.

wasnt there a time we could buy tickets from ground and city centre? sure there was.

Well if I can pick up tickets at the same time as getting some pet food it is a win win ;)

I assume you mean every fortnight and again, you are wrong and chatting shit.

I don't doubt a presence is needed at the Ricoh but a overhaul of the system is needed first.

covcity4life

no need to use profanity.

im still without a ticket. no point buying online now though,would still have to go collect anyway

Users who are viewing this thread