There's no escape from all this doom and gloom (1 Viewer)

Otis

Had to wait for my daughter to finish drama and was sitting in the car bored with an hour to kill.

All I could think of was Wasps and Sisu and ACL and CCC and our poor form and 3-5-2 / 5-3-2 and Pressley's baffling post match ramblings etc. etc. etc.

Decided I would take my mind off it all, have a bit of fun for a change and download Football Manager for my tablet and start a new game.

Obviously chose Coventry City and I set up the team, changing a few names to add in the likes of Terry Yorath and Peake and Stevie Hunt and Dublin etc. Played around with the colours and set up my tactics and formations and sorted the contracts out and talked to the board etc.etc.

Spent 20 mins doing all that, then my board told me I needed to be challenging for promotion, which I thought was fair enough, so I agreed to that.

Anyway, finally pressed confirm on the system so all was set up and I was good to go and the programme promptly loaded up the new season.

Very first message I get come up tells me that as I am Coventry City I will be starting off on minus 10 points.

:facepalm::facepalm:.

Sounds like it's going to be long season on the field, off the field and even in the vitual reality world of handheld gaming.

:(

Last edited:

Sky Blue Harry H

Had to wait for my daughter to finish drama and was sitting in the car bored with an hour to kill.

All I could think of was Wasps and Sisu and ACL and CCC and our poor form and 3-5-2 / 5-3-2 and Pressley's baffling post match ramblings etc. etc. etc.

Decided I would take my mind off it all, have a bit of fun for a change and download Football Manager for my tablet and start a new game.

Obviously chose Coventry City and I set up the team, changing a few names to add in the likes of Terry Yorath and Peake and Stevie Hunt and Dublin etc. Played around with the colours and set up my tactics and formations and sorted the contracts out and talked to the board etc.etc.

Spent 20 mins doing all that, then my board told me I needed to be challenging for promotion, which I thought was fair enough, so I agreed to that.

Anyway, finally pressed confirm on the system so all was set up and I was good to go and the programme promptly loaded up the new season.

Very irst message I get come up tells me that as I am Coventry City I will be starting off on minus 10 points.

Sounds like it's going to be long season on the field, off the field and even in the vitual reality world of handheld gaming.

You'll be ok - just play 5-3-2 with Peake on the right wing and Dion left wing back :rolleyes:

stupot07

When you say ....."Played around with the colours"......please don't tell me changed the kit to yellow and black hoops....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Otis

When you say ....."Played around with the colours"......please don't tell me changed the kit to yellow and black hoops....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Yes, of course! ;)

No, I actually meant the away kit. Just changed that.

Gazolba

[h=2]"There's no escape from all this doom and gloom"[/h]Read a good book.

standupforcity

Very first message I get come up tells me that as I am Coventry City I will be starting off on minus 10 points.

Think you should have included Ernie Hunt...never really rated Stevie....

Otis

Think you should have included Ernie Hunt...never really rated Stevie....

Really? :eek:

That is a big shock. For me , one of the best players City have ever had. Even talk of him being picked for England.

One of my favourite all time players, Steve Hunt.

mrtrench

To my eternal shame, I have to admit, I have read probably 2 books in 20 years. Just not a book person. :eek:

Then you are choosing the wrong books - mind you, two isn't many attempts to find one you like. :)

standupforcity

That is a big shock. For me , one of the best players City have ever had. Even talk of him being picked for England.

Guess I was always an Ernie fan....great era of course!

standupforcity

Thought he did play for England a couple of times, but I could be wrong!

Users who are viewing this thread