There Is A Santa Claus (1 Viewer)

steve cooper

Following those brilliant 5 successive wins in October, November yielded 1 solitary point, and up until Christmas day, we didn't get a single point in December, this poor run included 4 successive defeats.

Even our poor goal scoring issues seemed to be looking better in October, with 9 goals scored in those 5 games.

Whilst I have never thought we would be in relegation trouble, the thought that many of our recent seasons have seen us go downhill after Christmas was adding to the worry.

One week later, 9 points, 3 successive wins and things look a lot different. Add to that, the next 8 games are all against teams lower than us in the league. That doesn't mean we will win any of them, but it does show once again how quickly things can change.

So what could have caused the slump following one of our best ever run of results? Various suggestions have included possible player unrest, poor tactics, injuries to a couple of key players, and even the curse of manager of the month.

Personally I think the main reason for such a variation of results is just luck evening itself out, oh and Santa.

robbiekeane

So what could have caused the slump following one of our best ever run of results?
Robins’ inability/refusal to change the system when things aren’t working, and bizarre like for like last minute substitutions and apparent defensive play when trailing.

The same still applies now when we’ve won 3 on the bounce...if we can get promoted because we take the lead first and don’t need to change it great, but it’s still a huge problem and makes me doubt he’s the one to take us forwards.

(The sane will still apply if we win the league and someone digs this up in 6 months time btw....)

ccfcway

Robins’ inability/refusal to change the system when things aren’t working, and bizarre like for like last minute substitutions and apparent defensive play when trailing.

The same still applies now when we’ve won 3 on the bounce...if we can get promoted because we take the lead first and don’t need to change it great, but it’s still a huge problem and makes me doubt he’s the one to take us forwards.

(The sane will still apply if we win the league and someone digs this up in 6 months time btw....)

You doubt MR is the person to take us fwd even if we get promoted for the 2nd time in 2 seasons

Ok then

robbiekeane

You doubt MR is the person to take us fwd even if we get promoted for the 2nd time in 2 seasons

Ok then
No. Read my post....even if we get promoted Robins is still shit at and incapable of being agile when he needs to change things around....
Good effort though

Sky Blue Pete

No manager has everything matey. He’s a good fit for us

Users who are viewing this thread