The yearly "my kid got send home from school" news articles (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
Been seeing them all week.

"They got sent home for wearing trainers" - Rules state no trainers
"Got sent home for having purple hair"

http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/news/coventry-news/school-sees-red-over-13-10019502

Shave it all off then, kid wants to go into the army as well so good practise.

Why do parents feel the need to run to the papers?

If a sign says not to let me dog shit, and I let it shit there and get a fine do I call the press to get some victim photos done?

Otis

Been seeing them all week.

"They got sent home for wearing trainers" - Rules state no trainers
"Got sent home for having purple hair"

http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/news/coventry-news/school-sees-red-over-13-10019502

Shave it all off then, kid wants to go into the army as well so good practise.

Why do parents feel the need to run to the papers?

If a sign says not to let me dog shit, and I let it shit there and get a fine do I call the press to get some victim photos done?

Parents like this make me fume!!

Ridiculous argument. Schools have rules. The rules are made clear. You obey the rules. If you want to be a rebel and flout the rules, then fine, but don't go crying about the consequences.

And besides, wouldn't the kid learn more in isolation? Isn't that called 1-2-1 and every parents' dream scenario, for they kid to get individual learning?

Nick

Administrator
We used to try and wear trainers all the time at school, if we got caught we just changed into shoes and tried again the next day.

Not sure why people's first thought is to go to the papers about it?

Otis

We used to try and wear trainers all the time at school, if we got caught we just changed into shoes and tried again the next day.

Not sure why people's first thought is to go to the papers about it?

Indeed.

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

It's the standard photo that makes me laugh.

Parent (face like a Bulldog that's licked piss off a stingy nettle) arms folded angled towards the child who's stood front on looking sad and like butter wouldn't melt in their mouths.

Captain Dart

Being naughty and breaking school rules is a conventional rite of passage. That and teenagers cussing at the 'stupid stupid' rules.

Its the ones that obey every rule & regulation to the letter that worry me more, the sort that need virtually no conditioning to be saying 'I was only obeying orders'.

Nothing to see here.

ccfc92

Parents like this make me fume!!

Ridiculous argument. Schools have rules. The rules are made clear. You obey the rules. If you want to be a rebel and flout the rules, then fine, but don't go crying about the consequences.

And besides, wouldn't the kid learn more in isolation? Isn't that called 1-2-1 and every parents' dream scenario, for they kid to get individual learning?

No, Isolation is basically, you're left in a room with a load of work to do all day, by yourself.

That's what it was at my school anyway. The teacher is probably making it sound better than "we stick them in a room with a load of books"

Last edited:

Otis

No, Isolation is basically, you're left in a room with a load of work to do all day, by yourself.

Yep, which is surely what a parent would like isn't it? I know the kid wouldn't be happy, but if my daughter had a load of work to do all day, all by herself I would be well chuffed.

ccfc92

Yep, which is surely what a parent would like isn't it? I know the kid wouldn't be happy, but if my daughter had a load of work to do all day, all by herself I would be well chuffed.

But no teacher present. That's what I mean.

They just chuck a load of work to do, and it doesn't matter if you do it.

ccfc92

Just clicked on the article, was anyone else expecting this :

09-mohawk.jpg

It's hardly anything more than a red-brown :facepalm:

Otis

But no teacher present. That's what I mean.

They just chuck a load of work to do, and it doesn't matter if you do it.

Oh right. Didn't know that.

Do they put corks on the ends of the all the pencils so the kid doesn't poke himself in the eye?

Otis

Isn't the picture after he re-dyed it though?

Yep, the browny, reddy colour is the repair job.

To be honest, I am more likely to give credence to the school's side of the story rather than the mum's.

“To say Taylor had a tinge of purple is slightly understating it. In my opinion his hair was purple.”

Captain Dart

ccfc92

Isn't the picture after he re-dyed it though?

Exactly.

If it "wasn't that bad" as the kid and his mum are making out, he'd prove it. Surely he would of had a photo taken with said purple hair.

Can only assume as there's no before picture, it was bright purple.

Covstu

I seen another one the other day exactly the same with leopard print hair..... well what the fuck do you expect!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread