The Sweeney (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
Has anybody else seen this? What did you think?

I saw it. It's a Ray Winstone film you Caaaaant. Pretty good if you have low expectations. Essentially it's an old school london Sweeney film. No frills just lots of Faaaaacking Caaaants or phuckin Coont if you prefer Plan B. Worth a watch just because it's the sweeney. I think if it was a new concept and you went to see it you would be disapointed. Think Harry Brown, if you liked that you'll like the Sweeney.

You Caaaant!!!

Otis

My understanding is that is is only the Sweeney in name only and not really like the Sweeney at all.

Still got good reviews mind, if you can put the non-Sweeney thing out of your mind.

Real

I saw it at the cinema a while back, and I enjoyed it. However, as much as I like Ray Winstone, there can only ever be one Jack Regan, and that's John Thaw.

Real

I have never seen the original :(

Seriously? I'm that sad I have the full DVD boxset, plus the two film spin offs, and I recently ordered Regan on DVD, which was a forerunner to The Sweeney that until I watched "Unforgettable - The Sweeney" on ITV a couple of months ago I didn't even know was in existence.

On a related issue, the good lady is due to have our baby on March 18th, and if it is a boy, we are going to call him Regan, after John Thaw's portrayal of Jack Regan.

Real

I think he said it once every episode, lol. I just love the way he bods about life, angry for 3/4 of his life. I love the character.

Users who are viewing this thread