The Sky Blues trust needs to spearhead a takeover (1 Viewer)

OyJimmy

It seems to me that to move this club forward a takeover of some sort is required. Given that no one has made a public offer to formally buy us out (recently). My view is that the Sky Blues trust should be actively pulling together investors who would be prepared to make an offer for the club.

In the past takeovers of CCFC have failed for undisclosed reasons. Normally because of an NDA. The trust should aim to bring together a takeover where a public bid can be made so that the fans of CCFC have visibility of the bid.

If Sisu turn down a sensible offer then that gives the fans some ammunition next time Sisu claim no one is interested in buying us and that it is only out of the goodness of their hearts that they continue to fund us.

We simply must move things forward or our decline will become terminal

W

westcountry_skyblue

I do think CCFC is a dumping ground for their finances !

SkyBlue_Bear83

Would they have the financial power to build a new stadium in Coventry(or near)? if not the club would just be left at the mercy of Wasps who could force the club into whatever they deal like as there would be no alternative.

Last edited:

RFC

It seems to me that to move this club forward a takeover of some sort is required. Given that no one has made a public offer to formally buy us out (recently). My view is that the Sky Blues trust should be actively pulling together investors who would be prepared to make an offer for the club.

In the past takeovers of CCFC have failed for undisclosed reasons. Normally because of an NDA. The trust should aim to bring together a takeover where a public bid can be made so that the fans of CCFC have visibility of the bid.

If Sisu turn down a sensible offer then that gives the fans some ammunition next time Sisu claim no one is interested in buying us and that it is only out of the goodness of their hearts that they continue to fund us.

Let's get real, spearhead a takeover to takeover what exactly?

Unless the Wasps deal is over-turned, we require a new ground that we (the club or its owners have access to ALL gross revenues) and that feels like home instead of just rented accomodation.

Conservatively if they've got £100b or so that they can jettison, forget it.

Sometimes better 'the devil you know'!

kg82

I'd think they wouldn't even enter into discussions without a privacy agreement?

chiefdave

The initial problem is that relations between the SISU and the Trust aren't exactly good. If they were better then the trust might be well placed to at least establish what SISU would be looking for to leave.

Como

Sisu want money to leave, how much is the question vs how much is the Club worth.

I do not understand the comments about the Club being somewhere they dump their losses.

There is very little of value left, but the 'investment' needed would be quite significant.

AndreasB

They nearly managed it but were the only ones who couldn't see through serial bullshitter Haskell remember?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

letsallsingtogether

Unless the Wasps deal is over-turned, we require a new ground that we (the club or its owners have access to ALL gross revenues) and that feels like home instead of just rented accomodation.

But we will have a ground real soon you told us so it should have been revealed by now so there is one obstacle out of the way.

When as it you said we would hear???

Last edited:

Ian1779

With respect I wouldn't trust the Trust with your pound... Never mind tens of millions of them.

Senior Vick from Alicante

I think the only outcome will be liquidation rather than a sale. To many murky goings on and sharp accounting procedures that our beloved owners would not want out in the public domain. Any one potentially purchasing the club will want to do due diligence and Sisu are hardly open in their dealings are they. I think financial dealings behind the scene will show that although not illegal the club has been run for the benefit of the owners and not the club.

Gazolba

The Sky Blues trust needs to spearhead a takeover
Never going to happen. Dream on. SISU will continue as long as there are any assets left to strip and that point has not been reached yet. I think we'll end up in L2 first with all of the academy 'starlets' gone..

bawtryneal

RFC..... Do you really believe that SISU intend to build a new stadium and intend to invest in CCFC to achieve promotion to the Championship.

Voice_of_Reason

I emailed the Trust a few days ago suggesting exactly the same thing. In my opinion SISU will only sell if they can recoup some of the money lost. This, in my opinion, should be the focus of the Trust's attention. Do you agree Mr Tata ?

blueflint

better the devil ha i would rather see us liquidated now than give this faceless and ruthless mob of cretins called our owners another penny.
grow a pair and man up our club is all but dead we will never get better with SISU in charge

italiahorse

I emailed the Trust a few days ago suggesting exactly the same thing. In my opinion SISU will only sell if they can recoup some of the money lost. This, in my opinion, should be the focus of the Trust's attention. Do you agree Mr Tata ?

Once the JR is out the way Sisu have no other reason to stay.
They will have no other way of getting there money back.
Hopefully they will put the club up for sale and lets see what happens.

LB87ccfc

better the devil ha i would rather see us liquidated now than give this faceless and ruthless mob of cretins called our owners another penny.
grow a pair and man up our club is all but dead we will never get better with SISU in charge

I think the majority of our fanbase need to grow a pair all too soft nowadays

oldfiver

Once the JR is out the way Sisu have no other reason to stay.
They will have no other way of getting there money back.
Hopefully they will put the club up for sale and lets see what happens.

I do not think SISU expecting to get "any money back" - except maybe some costs - so thats a non starter

Noggin

you realise £100billion is enough to buy every football club in the country right? very very comfortably.

The chance of better the devil you know being correct is miniscule, we have owners that are both malicious and incompetent, no one else has this combination.

rupert_bear

!
Why do you constantly peddle this shite, whoever owns the football club are in exactly the same position as we (the football club) have been for the last 10 years and more if you include Highfield Road, we rent, and at about a tenth of the price as we did. There may also be an opportunity to buy shares at a later date, i'll give it you, we (the football club) will never fully own the Ricoh but would we ever have.

Godiva

Why do you constantly peddle this shite, whoever owns the football club are in exactly the same position as we (the football club) have been for the last 10 years and more if you include Highfield Road, we rent, and at about a tenth of the price as we did. There may also be an opportunity to buy shares at a later date, i'll give it you, we (the football club) will never fully own the Ricoh but would we ever have.

What would be the point?

chiefdave

I think the only outcome will be liquidation rather than a sale.

Should SISU decide to walk away I think the outcome will depend on what will give them the best return. So you have to hope someone will come in with an offer for the club that is better than them dismantling things and selling off what few assets we have.

Godiva

To share any super dooper profits in the Ricoh business, it's called investment

Would Wasps allow external shareholders if the Ricoh is profitable?
If I owned a profitable business I would not share it.
Of course if it was failing I would be happy to share. If investments was needed to get the business back to profit and I couldn't (wouldn't) provide the money myself, then I would be happy to share the risk and some of the potential future profit. But I would make sure I controlled the balance sheet and alone could decide how much profit there was to share.

Godiva

Should SISU decide to walk away I think the outcome will depend on what will give them the best return. So you have to hope someone will come in with an offer for the club that is better than them dismantling things and selling off what few assets we have.

I wonder what kind of new owners would be acceptable? Somehow I have the feeling that only a sugar daddy will be acceptable and I fear there are not too many around.

Senior Vick from Alicante

I think it will also depend on what they want to put out in the public domain. If a take over happened their would have to be confidentiality clauses on their part, they do not want their business method as far as CCFC open to inspection or scrutiny.

ajsccfc

In addition to manning up and growing a pair, they should get a life, sort it out, get on with it and tell it like it is.

italiahorse

I think the Golden share is our biggest assett and that will be worth nothing if they liquidate.

Godiva

I think the Golden share is our biggest assett and that will be worth nothing if they liquidate.

Sisu will not simply liquidate. If they decide to walk, they will put the club up for sale - but not in public. They will identify potential buyers and pitch them privately.

The Golden Share is worth nothing without players. Players and Golden Share need an organisation - the club.
So it would be all or nothing. Within 'all' is buried the debts, first to ARVO (£13m) then to sisu (£25m+???). I think the old debt to sisu can be negotiated down by a large percentage, but the debt to ARVO is likely non-negotiable - the terms may be though.
The price of the shares will depend on current cash-flow and profit/loss projection. Any sale would be just like the sale of ACL - a share price and adjusted terms on the debts.

italiahorse

Sisu will not simply liquidate. If they decide to walk, they will put the club up for sale - but not in public. They will identify potential buyers and pitch them privately.

The Golden Share is worth nothing without players. Players and Golden Share need an organisation - the club.
So it would be all or nothing. Within 'all' is buried the debts, first to ARVO (£13m) then to sisu (£25m+???). I think the old debt to sisu can be negotiated down by a large percentage, but the debt to ARVO is likely non-negotiable - the terms may be though.
The price of the shares will depend on current cash-flow and profit/loss projection. Any sale would be just like the sale of ACL - a share price and adjusted terms on the debts.

You can't expect a buyer to service the SISU/AVRO debt when there is nothing on the other side of the balance sheet.
At least ACL has a 250 year lease and with little if any rental payments to offset the loan.
If the club goes up for sale it will be the value of the quantifiable assets not the debt.
If anybody pays above that it will be in good will.

Users who are viewing this thread