The silence is deafening (1 Viewer)

rightumpty

With kick off day just around the corner any news of new strikers seems to be way off. I hope this is not yet another example of Joy promising so much to a new manager, only to go back on her word after securing season ticket money.
Like everyone else here I was hopeful that this was going to be the dawn of another day in the life of the Sky Blues, but leopards never change their spots and I can't help thinking that Seppalla, Fisher and Co are just about to kick us in the nuts once more.
Call me a pessimist if you like because I am and too many times we have been dragged down the road of optimism only to be let down at the last minute. Fingers crossed eh!

matesx

calling you a drama queen would be more fitting

get a grip man

Silence_Is_The_Enemy

With kick off day just around the corner any news of new strikers seems to be way off. I hope this is not yet another example of Joy promising so much to a new manager, only to go back on her word after securing season ticket money.
Like everyone else here I was hopeful that this was going to be the dawn of another day in the life of the Sky Blues, but leopards never change their spots and I can't help thinking that Seppalla, Fisher and Co are just about to kick us in the nuts once more.
Call me a pessimist if you like because I am and too many times we have been dragged down the road of optimism only to be let down at the last minute. Fingers crossed eh!

i read the title and thought someone was calling me out on something i had recently wrote lmao just because you're paranoid bud doesnt mean they're not out to get you

E

Earlsdon_Skyblue

While everyone is quite quick to take the biscuit, he's not really wrong is he? The season is just around the corner and we are alarmingly short on players. Not saying we won't bolster the squad, but I'm certainly feeling a little uneasy at the present time.

RFC

Give it a rest and just wait and see what TM does! Remember no loans till Prem name their 25 man squads 1st September. PUSB

Otis

A touch of irony in your username perhaps? Though an N seems to be missing.

chiefdave

TM said the other day in one of the CT pieces that it was unlikely we'd be able to sign a striker of the quality he wants as a permanent signing so we'd be looking at bringing a loan in, that won't happen until the PL teams finalise their squads.

Of course it would be great to have the entire squad in place prior to pre-season training but that's not the way things work these days.

Not time to panic - yet!

Hobo

i am as anti SISU as anyone, but I think it is more to do with TM not fancying the ones on offer. As he said about 14 days ago, some players will be trying to stay at Championship level but will have to lower their sights.

yes in an ideal world we would have them in and would be gelling the team. But you have to work with the market. That's why I have said it might take three transfer windows to get the right players.

There is still time to bring 2 or 3 in and then we can still add about 3 on loan.
Dont panic.

Johnnythespider

I think if this was true Mowbray would have walked already !!

hill83

i am as anti SISU as anyone, but I think it is more to do with TM not fancying the ones on offer. As he said about 14 days ago, some players will be trying to stay at Championship level but will have to lower their sights.

yes in an ideal world we would have them in and would be gelling the team. But you have to work with the market. That's why I have said it might take three transfer windows to get the right players.

There is still time to bring 2 or 3 in and then we can still add about 3 on loan.
Dont panic.

He's enjoying the panic and the negativity. Look at his post history for fuck sake.

KersleyDigs

I'd much rather wait for Prem loans to be honest. TM is very calm and experienced which means no panic buys. I'd imagine we might sign two more and get two loans in.

Nick

Administrator
The negative police will be after you.

If we have the same squad the morning of the first game then this thread would make sense.

Grendel

Weren't you the cretin who was adamant Hockaday was the next manager and Mowbray would never work for Sisu?

SkyBlue_Bear83

Who we want and who we get will be 2 very different people.
They won't spend money so it's Mac (whoever ) and Hockaday.
Both have no credentials so they are a certianty

Fear not we all know it will be Hockaday. Never done anything but cheap.

The big problem here is TM tells it as it is and with great honesty and integrity. Unfortunately our owners are not and have probably made a promise to support him with money for new players, a new stadium and a brand new bike ??
No he won't stay with these people but I do think he may set up a new scouting structure and identify players we should look at to loan next year.
But as regards to staying, NO he's only here to save us from the drop and advise what we need to do next. Which our owners will immediately drop when his office door is closed.
At Coventry City we should all remember what these people have already done to our club and never forget where they have taken us to during their tenure.

Well you've never been wrong before...

Last edited:

SkyblueBazza

Who is to say (given TM comments suggesting us being lightweight upfront) are just him being happy that the bit he's seen as a need to be focused upon is now sorted. More solid defence which relieves pressure on a strengthened midfield...leaving the creation of more & better chances for striker he obviously has confidence in to score when needed...rather than scoring 7 in the first two games & letting the rest of the league find a way to beat his system.
My initial thought was that he is an uninspiring choice. Many responses on here suggest I was right...however my confidence in him is growing bit by bit.

...onwards & upwards PUSB

Hobo

He's enjoying the panic and the negativity. Look at his post history for fuck sake.

Yes, but it is no different to people building up expectation on unproven youngsters, or even slagging off youngsters before they have barely learnt to tie their boot laces!

We might be down to a super fan hardcore, but most that remain can't judge a footballer or measure potential if their team depended on it :(

Grendel

Yes, but it is no different to people building up expectation on unproven youngsters, or even slagging off youngsters before they have barely learnt to tie their boot laces!

We might be down to a super fan hardcore, but most that remain can't judge a footballer or measure potential if their team depended on it :(

Well given your support of Burge you certainly can't.

Hobo

Well given your support of Burge you certainly can't.

If you had really read most posts you would realise although I am supportive of Burge being given the chance to progress; I think TM will actually bring a keeper in on loan....;)

Grendel

If you had really read most posts you would realise although I am supportive of Burge being given the chance to progress; I think TM will actually bring a keeper in on loan....;)

Hedging bets eh? He may be one of the few players to prove my football knowledge wrong but I highly doubt it.

He looks terrible and I think to gamble two seasons running in this department is bonkers.

We really only need two full time forwards and I think we will sign another defender as I think stokes won't be 1st choice. If I'm brutally honest my view on Haynes is more damning that Burge. I will be surprised if he lasts in the professional game, he looks awful whenever he plays.

Hobo

Hedging bets eh? He may be one of the few players to prove my football knowledge wrong but I highly doubt it.

He looks terrible and I think to gamble two seasons running in this department is bonkers.

We really only need two full time forwards and I think we will sign another defender as I think stokes won't be 1st choice. If I'm brutally honest my view on Haynes is more damning that Burge. I will be surprised if he lasts in the professional game, he looks awful whenever he plays.

Where have I hedged my bets? Have always said a loan is the easy option to cover Burge (but he is developing). I have always said Pennington, Samuels and Ward were realistic targets for a return loan. Swanson has to show the ability he undoubtedly has in the pre season or will go.

TM can't sign someone in every position ( hasn't the budget) but Vincelot and Ricketts are a good start. with Reda ( and hopefully someone like Pennigton) we start to have flexibility at the back.

Lameiras is a gamble but one worth taking. There is still a budget for 2 or 3 signings plus about 3 on loan.

Yes Burge, Phillips, Stokes, Haynes, Connor Thomas, Lawton, Finch, Maddison and George Thomas have to progress....but that is part of TM's remit. They won't all succeed but TM would not have come if he didn't think he could bring some of them through.

Why you bitching at someone being realistically positive? But yes our owners have been dire. But we may have reached a turning point?

2 year project Grendel ;)

Ashdown

I love how posters scream at someone who is a little concerned with the current squad, They themselves having bought into SISU's PR will be the first to be crying they've been done come the first couple of months poor results. I also envy the optimism of the usual crowd who think we are going to seize the unwanted players of Prem teams once their squads have been announced like we must be right up there on their list ahead of Champ teams and foreign options.
I'm still willing to be fairly patient but I won't criticise fans who have bought into the latest promises by a club now famed for shitting on its benefactors and are still seeing last years failures.

Hobo

I love how posters scream at someone who is a little concerned with the current squad, They themselves having bought into SISU's PR will be the first to be crying they've been done come the first couple of months poor results. I also envy the optimism of the usual crowd who think we are going to seize the unwanted players of Prem teams once their squads have been announced like we must be right up there on their list ahead of Champ teams and foreign options.
I'm still willing to be fairly patient but I won't criticise fans who have bought into the latest promises by a club now famed for shitting on its benefactors and are still seeing last years failures.

We have a limited budget. Promotion and attracting the right players isn't as easy as some think. Yes, you have to develop the players already on the books. Some will bomb, along with at least one signing. Yes the owners are utter shite but we are stuck with them.

Ashdown, I sense like me you have been around a long time...you have seen some great stuff and some shite stuff....let's hope over the next two years TM delivers progression and entertainment....and I don't promise promotion. If we get more great!

lifeskyblue

We have what we have. The football league hadn't got the spine to take away the golden share from owners who only really wanted assets they are still fighting in the courts for.
The budget we have to build a team is too small in my opinion to get promotion. But there are pluses...a well respected and experienced manager who might just be able to pull something out of the hat. At least he will try and give us entertaining football. Something we haven't seen for a while. And then we have a good crop of kids trying to break through...seeing Maddison and Thomas etc develop into better players will be good to watch.
But if anyone thinks this season will be a breeze then they will be sadly disappointed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DerekFaulkner

What's to say they haven't been going all out to get a striker and a few things haven't come off? Maybe one is signing this week? Maybe TM doesn't like the look of who's available right now? Not everything is a SISU conspiracy you know.

dongonzalos

If it is Sept 01st as RFC mentioned, before we can get a striker how many games is that?

Hopefully it isn't that long. Otherwise we will need a couple of draws and the odd win with Reda scoring in one - nils.

I was hoping for a permanent striker as well as the loanees myself. Hopefully the club go all out for McLeod

dongonzalos

We have what we have. The football league hadn't got the spine to take away the golden share from owners who only really wanted assets they are still fighting in the courts for.
The budget we have to build a team is too small in my opinion to get promotion. But there are pluses...a well respected and experienced manager who might just be able to pull something out of the hat. At least he will try and give us entertaining football. Something we haven't seen for a while. And then we have a good crop of kids trying to break through...seeing Maddison and Thomas etc develop into better players will be good to watch.
But if anyone thinks this season will be a breeze then they will be sadly disappointed.

If it is correct that we have are 8th in the revenue table.

Then with TM and a lot of luck on the injuries front 6th is a possibility. However if at the end of the season we were 11th - 7th I wouldn't be berating TM.

lifeskyblue

If it is correct that we have are 8th in the revenue table.

Then with TM and a lot of luck on the injuries front 6th is a possibility. However if at the end of the season we were 11th - 7th I wouldn't be berating TM.

Yes anywhere top half will be an achievement and progress. I can't see us 8th in revenue myself as we don't own the ground etc and are paying rent. But with a bit of success/good football we might increase our crowds by a thousand or two. Better atmosphere and a bit more money in the kitty. Isn't it great this time of year...we can all dream of success...just hope the first half dozen games continue that. PUSB

hill83

To be honest, a top half finish would leave me needing a new pair of pants.

stupot07

To be honest, a top half finish would leave me needing a new pair of pants.

Top half finish would be a success, and be something to build a genuine promotion push on the following season. However, I fear it won't be acceptable to most and we'll be getting Mowbray Out calls, if we're not in the top 6 by Christmas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Users who are viewing this thread