The shocking revelations keep on coming (1 Viewer)

ajsccfc

Are you sat down? Good.

Manager Steve Pressley appeared to be spoiled for choice to replace the impressive 14-goal skipper who had a hernia operation this week, but the other player who would have been vying to fill the void, David Bell, has missed training this week with a sore groin and is therefore a doubt for the match at Fratton Park.
http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/co...news/2013/03/21/92746-33032733/#ixzz2OAGiEBck

It's just one surprise after another with this club.

Otis

Such a shame after he came back into the fold and had stayed fit for so long. :facepalm:

Otis

I'm surprised Bell didn't strain his finger holding the pen when he went to sign the contract.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
I told Pressley, after wrapping bell up in cotton wool and creating a sterile zone around him, to handle with care and to be careful how he used him ........... and look what happens, takes him out of the box for a couple of minutes and goes breaks him!:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

RME

By my reckoning, he played for 5 minutes on Saturday. £2000 per minute for that week's work.

Ashdown1

Its not even funny though is it, with his salary reputed to be around 6K a week or over £300,000 per annum, this is a significant part of our transfer budget or a down payment on the rent debt if they so chose to pay any. The guy is a fucking fanny, he barely touched the ball the other day either.

harvey098

In his defence, he didn't choose to get injured. I'm sure he'd prefer to be out there playing and scoring just as much as we want him to be.

Otis

We didn't show the same sympathy to David McNamee though did we when he kept getting injured.

He kept getting injured so we bogged him off.

There is only so much patience you can have with a player.

RME

I may be wrong but I thought he was on £10k per week. I reckon he touched the ball once on Saturday, to concede a throw-in.

grego_gee

Its not even funny though is it, with his salary reputed to be around 6K a week or over £300,000 per annum, this is a significant part of our transfer budget or a down payment on the rent debt if they so chose to pay any. The guy is a fucking fanny, he barely touched the ball the other day either.

Don't we get compensation if a player finishes his career through injury? We should bring in a tank to nobble them on the training ground if they go on "rent strike"!

:pimp:

sky_blue_up_north

Surely we can get rid somehow, mutual consent or something...

mattylad

I may be wrong but I thought he was on £10k per week. I reckon he touched the ball once on Saturday, to concede a throw-in.
Woods was our highest earner on about 8k but then excepted a 25% cut so is on apx 6k sheff/baker/murphy all on more than bell

Flying Fokker

Where are all these wages figures coming from? Do we have access to the club accounts?

It would be interesting to see how much they are really on.

grego_gee

Woods was our highest earner on about 8k but then excepted a 25% cut so is on apx 6k sheff/baker/murphy all on more than bell

With the advent of FFP

I think we should get them all on a basic retainer, and a substantial bonus for actually playing in a match!

some might argue if Sheffers would satisfy that requirement?.... :rolleyes:

:pimp:

Last edited:

ajsccfc

I could see Bell being on a hefty wage when he first signed, but his contract was renewed in leaner times when he had already missed a good percentage of games so I'd be amazed if he's on that much now.

CJparker

In his defence, he didn't choose to get injured. I'm sure he'd prefer to be out there playing and scoring just as much as we want him to be.

Feck off, I don't want him out there making a mess of things. Safest place for that no-mark incompetent is on the sidelines!

Covstu

personally feel really sorry for him, I don't think he is a terrible player. He is actually a decent passer of the ball but just has no pace

Users who are viewing this thread