The second half or the January turn! (1 Viewer)

Paxman II

Take a look at our fixtures from January on. Do you see what I see? Now the league has settled somewhat we know where the difficult and easier fixtures appear to be.
To me we have very few difficult fixtures at all! Those that are seem to be home fixtures too. There is therefore reason to believe in optimism from January on and we could put a tremendous run together like Barnsley or Wigan achieved in my honest opinion.
The impetus of a new manager and finding a player who can score goals will see us revive our season immeasurably. Go on take a look at the fixture list.....

lifeskyblue

Take a look at our fixtures from January on. Do you see what I see? Now the league has settled somewhat we know where the difficult and easier fixtures appear to be.
To me we have very few difficult fixtures at all! Those that are seem to be home fixtures too. There is therefore reason to believe in optimism from January on and we could put a tremendous run together like Barnsley or Wigan achieved in my honest opinion.
The impetus of a new manager and finding a player who can score goals will see us revive our season immeasurably. Go on take a look at the fixture list.....

I like the optimism. But surely saturdays home game against mk dons proved that for CCFC there are no easy fixtures

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Grendel

Another absurd thread by Paxman. No one to fear yet at home we've already failed to beat 3 teams in the drop zone (inc MK Dons)

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

Just looked, seems like we play the same sides again that are currently seeing us sitting in the relegation zone.

On the plus side Billy Sharp and Paddy Madden are keen to abort their promotion charge to play in our relegation battle.

Paxman II

I must admit I haven't looked as I CBA, but don't we play the same
Teams in the 2nd half of the season as we did in the 1st !!
Yes we do. But the teams we now face are predominately now in the lower half of the league. We face very few 'top' teams from January. That has to be reason for optimism surely?

Otis

But then (like Barnsley and Wigan) teams do suddenly go on very good runs, so looking now at the fixtures next year is all a little bit pointless.

Fixtures that may look easy now could be really tough later on. Those 'easier' teams can strengthen in the January window too. They may also change managers as well.

We simply cannot look at the fixtures after Christmas.

stupot07

Whilst we can debate who is or isn't a good side based purely on current league table we play the current top 12 teams
Jan - Bolton, port vale, fleetwood
Feb - Millwall and Wimbledon
March -Bradford, southend
April - sheff united, Charlton Peterborough, Rochdale and Scunthorpe

So we actually play all the current top 12 from January onwards.
5617fa192a9961422437b4b838b65f7a.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
We have to get to January yet let alone past it......................... by that time it could be too late for a Barnsley run of results (we don't have anything like the quality or depth in squad they had or it looks the money to spend)

Paxman II

But we play the same teams again, what am I missing ?
Some of the top teams we now face at home. The others are largely teams we met while they were in better form but are now occupying the lower half after a slump in their form and therefore less of a threat to us second time around. Just trying to say that on paper it now looks like an easier second half of the season. If i was an incoming manager I'd study that fixture list and see reason to be optimistic a little.

stupot07

Some of the top teams we now face at home. The others are largely teams we met while they were in better form but are now occupying the lower half after a slump in their form and therefore less of a threat to us second time around. Just trying to say that on paper it now looks like an easier second half of the season. If i was an incoming manager I'd study that fixture list and see reason to be optimistic a little.
We play every single one of the current top half of the table teams again from Jan.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

NortonSkyBlue

Paxman II- I admire your optimism, I wish I shared your view but sadly I stopped believing in Santa Claus, the tooth fairy and Coventry City in my forties.......

Chipfat

We will be ok because we are playing teams in a slump!!!. FFS what are we in then a rich vein of form with goals flowing and clean sheets a plenty.... I'm sorry but this season the lack of experience and depth in quality could really tell.

New manager still has the the same issues at the club no magic spell or trick, just hard work, luck and having 4 other team worse than us could be our only hope of avoiding what will come in the end if we carry on being ran as we are currently.

skyblue1991

We are bottom 4. Every fixture is a hard game.

Going to be a real struggle unless we bring in a proper League 1 manager and recruit properly in January which is hard even if you have a bottomless pit of money.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Astute

Are there any teams not looking forward to playing us?

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

We have played all 5 of the other 'bottom 6' teams around us at home and won only one of those games. I think the others were all draws (all 0-0), and one loss too.

I know it's early, but those April fixtures look tough already, right at crunch time.

I honestly think we will get relegated.

stevefloyd

I think we should concentrate on being the team that others don't fancy meeting...hmmm doubt it will happen though

4waspsting

Yes its exciting roll on January

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

optimism

good stuff

if we get a new manager i will believe.
It doesn't matter who the manager is , if we don't have the players then where F**KED .

QUOTE ] I will believe , no your Deluded . :wacky:

Users who are viewing this thread