The Ruski's Are Coming!..Or Were At Least. (1 Viewer)

Chipfat

What will Sisu say about this offer and explain what the reason for refusal,,, this guy is worth 200 million alone and the FA checked him out and approved the purchase of Pompey......

Glenn Storer

What will Sisu say about this offer and explain what the reason for refusal,,, this guy is worth 200 million alone and the FA checked him out and approved the purchase of Pompey......

He had too much money, we didn't feel it would be fair on the league.

Walking Bird

Obviously he was only offering a quid as well!

Chipfat

Where are all the Sisu lovers on this post defending them, this proves they haven't been open or honest about what they have been doing.... Did LB go to Russia the other month but said it was nothing to do with the club,,,,, ANOTHER LIE... I know its not going to happen but these need to leave the club as i cant see them turning it around and as the fans find out more the less support they will get.....

another case of what could of been, amongst all the rumours etc about SISU the one fact out of all of it is THERE ARE NOT LOOKING TO SELL, and they have said that pretty much all along , but why?

georgehudson

the ruski's are coming!..or were at least

Salient point tsb, would be interested in 'osb/godiva' thoughts as to exactly why
as i wouldn't expect any clarification from s***
the continuing saga of s*** mistrust rumbles on
i just hope there is a credible alternative currently musing over what is, a huge potential, maybe that's why s*** are continuing their stance?
one thing for sure s*** are proving to be good at 'hardball tactics'

PUSB

georgehudson

Salient point t/e/s, would be interested in 'osb/godiva' thoughts as to exactly why
i just hope there is a credible alternative currently musing over what is, a huge potential, maybe that's why s*** are continuing their stance?

PUSB

crowsnest

Looks like they bought Portsmouth for £17m but they get 3 years parachute payments worth £36m to help them out.

georgehudson

quite so, 'c/n' so, if they/he exited pomp, would he be a considered option, & would s*** entertain the thought with their primary aim,
or, would they (s***), play other options off against each other ?

crowsnest

GH, not sure what you are asking but the answer is they will do it as a business decision to get the best return for their investors.

However the time scale doesn't fit as Brody went to Russia after they bought Portsmouth and it looks like this rumour is based around the other rumour of Brody looking for Russian investors.

Godiva

Salient point t/e/s, would be interested in 'osb/godiva' thoughts as to exactly why
PUSB

I can give you my thoughts, but you're not going to like it.

Why would sisu turn down an offer for the club?
Simle answer is: They want more than they are offered.

There's a myth been going on for ages on this site, that sisu is looking for a quick exit, yet now they seem to have turned down two offers already.
To me this is prove that they themself think they are close to (or even have already achieved) break-even and their continuing losses are minimal.
It may be bad news for those who want new owners no matter what, but it is good news to those who think it is more important to have a club that lives within its means and less important whoever actally ownes the shop.

I have said for a very long time now, that the most sensible offer would be an offer of joint venture. This way any money coming to the club will stay in the club. In the takeover scenario most money coming to the club would have to be spend on buying out sisu ... and in my world that is really not the best way to spend money. Sisu can have money when we are running profitable. If they get/take any before, then I will become very upset!

TommyAtkins

Where are all the Sisu lovers on this post defending them, this proves they haven't been open or honest about what they have been doing.... Did LB go to Russia the other month but said it was nothing to do with the club,,,,, ANOTHER LIE... I know its not going to happen but these need to leave the club as i cant see them turning it around and as the fans find out more the less support they will get.....

Could you show us the evidence that confirms these Russians were interested?

In their own words, this Russian group wanted a club in the South of England, they wanted a club in a position where they could develop a fanbase without significant competition from other clubs, they wanted a club that owned their own ground or were in a position to acquire 100% of the ground. The Russians do not want to invest in the squad and/or players wages.

Users who are viewing this thread