The return of the 50/50 draw (1 Viewer)

chiefdave

The club are re-launching the 50/50 draw tonight. Sounds like its all the same as before. 50% of the money goes to the winner, the other 50% to the academy. Been modernised so its not the old style raffle tickets.
Hopefully with a big crowd tonight should be a decent amount for the winner.

Cheer on the lads in their quest for a place under the Wembley arch, whilst taking part in our 50/50 draw...

Coventry City Football Club is re-launching the very popular 50/50 Raffle at the Checkatrade Trophy semifinal against Wycombe Wanderers.

The 50/50 Raffle will see 50% of net proceeds going to the club’s Academy and the other 50% going to one lucky winner.

Every ticket bought for the 50/50 Raffle contributes towards the raising of funds for our Academy, and your generosity on a match day can help nurture the next star to come through the ranks at the Sky Blues. The Academy has been crucial in the development of the likes of Cian Harries, Ben Stevenson and Jordan Willis, who are now important players within the first-team squad.

Net proceeds from the raffle sees one lucky fan win 50%, while the other 50% goes towards the ongoing investment into our successful Category Two Academy, as it used to previously.

The 50/50 Raffle has been modernised using technology and software from 50/50 Central and sees the introduction of handheld smart devices and individual ticket printers used by 50/50 ambassadors around the ground including corporate lounges to ensure a simple yet effective way of selling tickets. This sees an end to the old-fashioned raffle booklets allowing purchases to be much quicker.

The Sky Blues ambassadors, who will be around the stadium in all areas in Sky Blue uniforms, are being provided by AES Events who are long time supporters of the Club.

The ‘live pot’ that will be won by one lucky fan will be displayed on the scoreboard.

The winning ticket will be announced shortly after the second-half commences, and the winner will receive their prize money within one week of claiming their winning ticket – by contacting the Commercial Department on 024 7699 2330.

chiefdave

I thought they stopped it years ago! Never noticed anyone selling tickets so hopefully this means they're going to promote it a bit better.

Dimi_Konstantflapalot

Did this historically bring in much money per game? Few hundred quid/a grand? Seems a good idea from the club, could end up being circa £20k towards the academy each season

Ccfc1979

They did have it his year. The screens showed the prize fund - 50% of total sales. By kick off the prize was £9.

sb84

I bought a ticket on Tuesday night, nowhere on that ticket does it tell you where to check for winning numbers. Is this how a hedge fund works?

Otis

I bought a ticket on Tuesday night, nowhere on that ticket does it tell you where to check for winning numbers. Is this how a hedge fund works?
It's on the offal, on the Sky Blue Wall. Have a look there.

shmmeee

Wish I knew this was going to the academy. Some bottle blond bird came up as I went in and just went "wanna raffle ticket?" And I was like "nope", but if I'd known it was going to the academy I've have bought a few.

bawtryneal

I was approached on Tuesday night as well by a girl all glammed up wearing a blue outfit. Being a prat I asked what happens if the academy does not exist next year, do we all get our money back. She looked at me with a strange look and said she did not know but she hoped it wouldn`t affect her commission. You couldn't make it up !!!

Users who are viewing this thread