The Ref (1 Viewer)

LJC_CCFC

I know it was a poor performance but the ref cost us the game.

1) Never a pen for their first and Ball was basically kicked in the head prior to their second.

2) Christie should of had a pen

3) He didn't let the game flow

sw88

Chief Commentator!
The ref was poor, but as said in another posts, we didnt help ourselves imo.

Havent we learnt from past seasons we cant always blame the officials?

I say officials rather than ref there as the Tesco stand lino done little or nothing to help things! He was just as dire!

stupot07

Without seeing it again I can't comment on the handball.

4) he disallowed a perfectly good Scunthorpe goal

Black6Osprey

Yes he was poor generally but our penalty claim was nothing like for me and theirs was dubious but I'd have to see it again.

What I don't need to see again was the 75 minutes of total crap before we decided to have a go.

We still need 2 points per game to challenge and it still looks a million miles away.

When are we actually going to play well?

covcity4life

Yup we got lucky with 4

We didnt overlap fullbacks till 70th Min and didn't attack till 80th guys. Deserved what we got

kepit 2 yusen

An awful and horrible game. Scunthorpe I bet can't believe their luck in that ref ! The game never really got started, just scrappy stop/start play littered with mistakes, the ref just made it an unfunny comedy act at times. Really wouldn't mind if I never saw another game like that !

D

Deleted member 4439

It was a pen only if you ignore the fact that it should have been a freekick for Wood (push in back). And yes, Christie did seem to go down easily; but then not many people spotted the blatent shirt collar pull on, I think, Calllum Ball - his neck almost suffered whiplash. Would have also expected to have seen cards for some of the deliberate fouls and time-wasting.

Last edited by a moderator:

stupot07

Yes he was poor generally but our penalty claim was nothing like for me and theirs was dubious but I'd have to see it again.

What I don't need to see again was the 75 minutes of total crap before we decided to have a go.

We still need 2 points per game to challenge and it still looks a million miles away.

When are we actually going to play well?

We're not going to be challenging this season

Black6Osprey

We're not going to be challenging this season

Yes I know.

I'm just pointing out to those that keep saying we are only so many points away and a few back to back wins and we'll be right up there. We need to win every home game and draw every away game to get there.

IMO no chance in hell because teams that consistently play shit don't challenge for anything.

D

Deleted member 4439

"Facts are meaningless. You could use facts to prove anything that's even remotely true!"

Homer J. Simpson

Bit like the pen today.

Laws on the pen:

"It did look a little bit strange, but we're happy to take that".

Last edited by a moderator:

stupot07

I've just watched the extended highlights on sky blue player.

1) what appeared to be a good tackle that baker did on bartram (11?) in the first 10 mins should have been a pen, he took bartrams legs and was nowhere near the ball

2) the pen, can't see the handball, there was no push by Clarke and wood rugby tackled him on his way down.

3) the disallowed goal shouldn't have been disallowed. It was actually Jordan Clarke and McGoldrick who impeded murphy.

4) Christies was a dive, slight hand on the shoulder, definitely didn't have his legs clipped like some are claiming.

Grendel

I've just watched the extended highlights on sky blue player.

1) what appeared to be a good tackle that baker did on bartram (11?) in the first 10 mins should have been a pen, he took bartrams legs and was nowhere near the ball

2) the pen, can't see the handball, there was no push by Clarke and wood rugby tackled him on his way down.

3) the disallowed goal shouldn't have been disallowed. It was actually Jordan Clarke and McGoldrick who impeded murphy.

4) Christies was a dive, slight hand on the shoulder, definitely didn't have his legs clipped like some are claiming.

Agreed on all counts. I wonder if Linnel will backtrack from the drivel he was spouting afterwards.

I doubt it.

I sit near Linnel and it was an obvious penalty.

D

Deleted member 4439

Don't disagree on the Christie incident though, again, the officials missed the shirt pull in the pen area around the same time. As for the Wood pen decision - I was right in line - Clarke clearly barged Wood off the ball. It was a freekick, simples.

Users who are viewing this thread