The Premier League (1 Viewer)

It's baaaaaaaaack. England's top division is in full swing after the 2nd weekend of the new season. Some title contenders ahve jumped straight outta the blocks, while others are still yet to get out of the starting gate. But for this week's Cooks Question, we want you to tell us who you think will take the ultimate prize this season. Can Manchester United return to glory? Will Aguero fire City to a 3rd Premier League title? What about Chelsea? Arsenal? Liverpool? Could Leicester even repeat their shocking title triumph? Drop a reply below and let us know how you think is taking the title home and why. The best answers will be read out on Thursday's edition of Sports Lounge with Liam Cook, live on 98.6 Hillz FM this Thursday from 10am

jimmyhillsfanclub

Over hyped, over paid, celebrity rich, talent poor dog shit league....everything that is wrong with football summed up by this sky TV abomination....

So as to who wins? ...I agree with grendel

Covstu

I must admit I don't want Premier league football anymore but you cannot avoid it! Personally its a straight shoot out between Citeh and united and I think United will get it.

Gazolba

One thing is certain, there will be less British players taking part than there were last season. Now even England's number one goal-keeper cannot get a starting place. The Premier League British player is on the endangered species list.

fernandopartridge

It's baaaaaaaaack. England's top division is in full swing after the 2nd weekend of the new season. Some title contenders ahve jumped straight outta the blocks, while others are still yet to get out of the starting gate. But for this week's Cooks Question, we want you to tell us who you think will take the ultimate prize this season. Can Manchester United return to glory? Will Aguero fire City to a 3rd Premier League title? What about Chelsea? Arsenal? Liverpool? Could Leicester even repeat their shocking title triumph? Drop a reply below and let us know how you think is taking the title home and why. The best answers will be read out on Thursday's edition of Sports Lounge with Liam Cook, live on 98.6 Hillz FM this Thursday from 10am

Couldn't give two hoots. The most overrated league in the world.

Terry Gibson's perm

Normal service will be resumed one of the Manchester clubs to win it Leicester mid table at best

CJ_covblaze

Gazolba

Couldn't give two hoots. The most overrated league in the world.
Why is it overrated? If you mean because a Premier League team has not won the European Champions Cup in a while, that's true but winning that competition requires certain tactics and style of play that few Premier League teams use. I don't think you can judge the strength of a league based on that. I'd say the Premier League has greater depth than the Italian, Spanish and French leagues where the same couple of clubs dominate year after year.

Terry Gibson's perm

Why is it overrated? If you mean because a Premier League team has not won the European Champions Cup in a while, that's true but winning that competition requires certain tactics and style of play that few Premier League teams use. I don't think you can judge the strength of a league based on that. I'd say the Premier League has greater depth than the Italian, Spanish and French leagues where the same couple of clubs dominate year after year.

Or one team as in France

Last edited:

Liquid Gold

Since the start of the premier league (because thats when football began) there have been
5 - La Liga champions
5 - Serie A champions
11 - Ligue 1 champions
6 - Bundesliga champions
6 - Premier League champions

The idea that the premier league is more competitive is a myth.

Terry Gibson's perm

Since the start of the premier league (because thats when football began) there have been
5 - La Liga champions
5 - Serie A champions
11 - Ligue 1 champions
6 - Bundesliga champions

I imagine over the last 5 years nearly all the leagues are one winner and the odd one two

Gazolba

5 - La Liga champions
5 - Serie A champions
11 - Ligue 1 champions
6 - Bundesliga champions

To analyse depth you'd have to be a little less simplistic than that. Depth refers to more than just who wins. Depth is about how good the teams and players further down the table are.

jimmyhillsfanclub

I only take note because of Fantasy Football

Fantasy football is a good parallel for the shitty premier league pantomime: stupid money for average players, loads of pre-season hype & marketing.....

....then 4 games in & you've lost all interest to the point that you no longer even bother to check results.

fernandopartridge

No, I mean the general standard of it is dreadful. The english media talk about it as if it is the pinnacle of football, it isn't, it's a silly game of Monopoly masquerading as a football tournament.

Users who are viewing this thread