The Premier league is absolutely garbage (1 Viewer)

Evo1883

Besides liverpool the quality of the Premier league is shocking.

Man City will be out the champions league soon, no chance of reaching the semi finals.

Sheffield United sit 6th in the table using players that got them promoted from league 1 just 2 points behind Chelsea who have picked up 15 points from their last 39 who sit in 4th.

Worst man utd, arsenal team for years

spurs about as consistent as rice pudding.

Liverpool 22 points clear in February?

Garbage

larry_david

I might get stick here but this Liverpool team is not 22 points clear good. That's an indication of how dog shit everyone else is. I've watched most Liverpool games since they're always on fooking tele and I can't remember them blowing any teams away. They just get in front and others are happy with a 1 nil loss. Norwich case in point Saturday. More than happy to lose 1-0 at home. Round of applause and off we go, well done lads.

Evo1883

I might get stick here but this Liverpool team is not 22 points clear good. That's an indication of how dog shit everyone else is. I've watched most Liverpool games since they're always on fooking tele and I can't remember them blowing any teams away. They just get in front and others are happy with a 1 nil loss. Norwich case in point Saturday. More than happy to lose 1-0 at home. Round of applause and off we go, well done lads.
I watched Watford miss a handful of sitters at anfield.

They are good but in a league full of absolute shite

tisza

Liverpool have been good but the rest of them are pretty average at best. "wheel fall off" City because 1 centre back get injured !! - nonsense.
Utd, Arsenal, Spurs ordinary at best.
Few clubs have little runs of games.
PL clubs measuring value against income rather than what they are spending their money on.
Sheff Utd just well-organised. Scored 28 goals in 26 games and they are 6th. Newcastle & Palace 13th & 14th don't even average a goal a game.That's a statement on the PL atm.

AOM

Think I'd personally be happy to sit in the Championship for a few years if we're promoted this year.
Would obviously love to be back in the Premier League, but it seems to be such a big gamble to get there whilst the Championship still has some really big teams and is fairly competitive

Evo1883

Liverpool have been good but the rest of them are pretty average at best. "wheel fall off" City because 1 centre back get injured !! - nonsense.
Utd, Arsenal, Spurs ordinary at best.
Few clubs have little runs of games.
PL clubs measuring value against income rather than what they are spending their money on.
Sheff Utd just well-organised. Scored 28 goals in 26 games and they are 6th. Newcastle & Palace 13th & 14th don't even average a goal a game.That's a statement on the PL atm.

Way below its past best

SBAndy

Think I'd personally be happy to sit in the Championship for a few years if we're promoted this year.
Would obviously love to be back in the Premier League, but it seems to be such a big gamble to get there whilst the Championship still has some really big teams and is fairly competitive

You have to be ambitious and want to see us there, but at the same time I’d only be interested if we do it organically. If we started throwing good money after bad at the hope of hitting the PL jackpot then there’s no point - we’ll lose and possible lose our club in the process.

skyblue1991

How the fuck did Harry Maguire not get sent off for kicking the Chelsea player in the bollocks?!

Sent from my I3113 using Tapatalk

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Premier League is just hanging around playing tippy-tappy until COVENTRY CITY return!!

Gazolba

I don't pay much attention to the Premier League, but I like it that a club that hasn't won it in quite a while will win it.
I also think it's great that English clubs (albeit foreign-managed, foreign-owned and mostly foreign players) are doing well in Europe again.
There was a period, not so long ago when Italian, Spanish and German clubs were winning everything.

Evo1883

Won 25 from 26 in the PL losing 0

Won 4 from 7 in the champions league losing 2 so far this season

chiefdave

Loads of empty seats at the Arsenal v Newcastle game on Sunday. Man City v West Ham tonight is even worse.

rob9872

The issue is the money and pressure imo.

The quality should be the greatest ever with fees paid and ability to attract players, but so much pressure on a defeat that many teams set up trying not to lose rather than to win.

fernandopartridge

The issue is the money and pressure imo.

The quality should be the greatest ever with fees paid and ability to attract players, but so much pressure on a defeat that many teams set up trying not to lose rather than to win.
When you increase money across the board you're just inflating fees and wages. There were as many world class players in the league when we went down in 2001

Evo1883

When you increase money across the board you're just inflating fees and wages. There were as many world class players in the league when we went down in 2001

There was probably more tbh

And around the world there was Alot more, football globally just feels like its of a lower standard today.

People say faster but I don't really agree and its why 16 years ago a young James milner was competing in the prem and now as an old man in football terms can still last the pace

Take a look back at some of the teams around the world both club teams and international teams in 2001 compared to today.

Miles apart in quality terms

Last edited:

Evo1883

Spurs at home tonight against RB liepzeig

40% possession and had 7 shots to RBs 16

Monners

Completely agree with this. Players such as Zola and Berkamp, Ginola etc.

The Prenier League is almost unwatchable now.

Mcbean

Thing is all the media rave all the time about the PL teams - the Daily Telegraph does not even mention league 1 these days - there is more on women’s football than our league - we need to be in the championship for sure to open up the sources of income - the top PL people are always miserable - Mourinho looked like a ex con last night ! They always moan - even Klopp was moaning Tuesday and don’t get me started on the fans aaaaargh

clint van damme

And around the world there was Alot more, football globally just feels like its of a lower standard today.

People say faster but I don't really agree and its why 16 years ago a young James milner was competing in the prem and now as an old man in football terms can still last the pace

Take a look back at some of the teams around the world both club teams and international teams in 2001 compared to today.

I find it hard to assess whether the standard is higher now than in previous years.

What I do know is that the fear factor is making it more and more unwatchable with survival and maintaining access to the golden goose now the overriding motivation of many of the teams in the prem. I don't watch that much premier league football now but when I do I have witnessed some truly shocking fayre to be honest.

tisza

Too many "formula" players playing within Conservative systems. Most teams setting up with basically a keeper, back 4 and 2 defensive (holding) mids. Only leaves 4 "attackers".

So few flair players or even play makers.

Fitness & conditioning maybe at another level but don't think the football is.

More money doesn't guarantee a better product on the pitch. Wages just automatically rising with income rather than merit based.

Liquid Gold

When the money first started to come in the late 90s teams were buying properly world class players. Middlesborough who'd just come up from Division 1 managed to get Juninho, Emerson and Ravanelli and still not staying up. Now you have teams like Villa, Newcastle and West Ham spending bucket loads of cash on players you've never heard of and treading water. Wesley, £22.5 from Club Brugge, who the fuck is he? Teams are getting fleeced and none of them are brave enough to tell the selling teams to fuck off. I'm not sticking up for the Oystons who are terrible owners and people but the best thing Blackpool did was keep their wage structure in the Prem, if they had owners not intent on fleecing the club that could have kept them secure for years to come.

I wonder if before long teams will have Jarni situations set up where they get a club from another league to act as an intermediary in transfers so that the selling club doesn't sniff premier league money and put crazy tags on useless players.

tisza

When the money first started to come in the late 90s teams were buying properly world class players. Middlesborough who'd just come up from Division 1 managed to get Juninho, Emerson and Ravanelli and still not staying up. Now you have teams like Villa, Newcastle and West Ham spending bucket loads of cash on players you've never heard of and treading water. Wesley, £22.5 from Club Brugge, who the fuck is he? Teams are getting fleeced and none of them are brave enough to tell the selling teams to fuck off. I'm not sticking up for the Oystons who are terrible owners and people but the best thing Blackpool did was keep their wage structure in the Prem, if they had owners not intent on fleecing the club that could have kept them secure for years to come.

I wonder if before long teams will have Jarni situations set up where they get a club from another league to act as an intermediary in transfers so that the selling club doesn't sniff premier league money and put crazy tags on useless players.
You have to wonder who's buying these players (if it were still the 70s / 80s you'd be thinking bungs).
But a European club will sell a player to PL then replace him with a player for less than half that amount without dropping in quality. It's like the PL believes they can only shop from CL or Europa League clubs.

Mcbean

Sort of always disappointed that the PL generally buy from abroad - it doesn’t really encourage our youth - ok there are some exceptions Madison for one - these foreigners seem to want to come here but a lot of the teams are dominated by those not from these shores

tisza

Sort of always disappointed that the PL generally buy from abroad - it doesn’t really encourage our youth - ok there are some exceptions Madison for one - these foreigners seem to want to come here but a lot of the teams are dominated by those not from these shores
not as if they are top quality many of them.
Sides so worried about PL money just won't take a chance on "youngsters" (which now days seems to be anybody under 24 !!! )

CCFC88

Milner is one of the fittest players the league has ever seen though. Not sure you can use him keeping up with the game as a sign of the game slowing down.

CCFC88

Liverpool are just head and shoulders above everyone at the moment, don't get the "theyre not 22 points clear good" they've dropped 2 points all season, its truly historic.

7 of what you'd class as their first 11 made the champions league final 2 years ago, 9 of the 11 won it last year. They've been an elite European team for closing in on 3 years now, I don't see how anyone can knock them. Probably the best side in Europe over the past 3 seasons.

As for the Prem being garbage, all 4 CL sides made it through the group stages, and all 3 Europa League sides did the same.

fernandopartridge

Liverpool are just head and shoulders above everyone at the moment, don't get the "theyre not 22 points clear good" they've dropped 2 points all season, its truly historic.

7 of what you'd class as their first 11 made the champions league final 2 years ago, 9 of the 11 won it last year. They've been an elite European team for closing in on 3 years now, I don't see how anyone can knock them. Probably the best side in Europe over the past 3 seasons.

As for the Prem being garbage, all 4 CL sides made it through the group stages, and all 3 Europa League sides did the same.
There are 32 teams in the Champions League group stage, it's a heavily diluted competition. The fact that 4 clubs from the richest league in the world qualify for the next stage doesn't say all that tbh.

Liquid Gold

If they got rid of the stupid group stage the competition might be better. Liverpool were beaten by Spain's 4th best team, they're undoubtedly at their peak but they're very lucky to have come into that peak when the rest of the league is absolute dogshit

Users who are viewing this thread